dcsimg

V11… Today I used my Bosch…

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 616 total)
  • Author
    Hangman
    Pro

Had to do a quick fix on an old Brownstone doorknob rose, two screws fell out who knows when. Anyhow a 12V drill comes in real handy for those types of repairs. Just turned the rose slightly and drilled new pilot holes, easy fix.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

Had to do a quick fix on an old Brownstone doorknob rose, two screws fell out who knows when. Anyhow a 12V drill comes in real handy for those types of repairs. Just turned the rose slightly and drilled new pilot holes, easy fix.

Nice 👍 is that the flexi click or just the 1/4 inch driver or whatever it’s called 🤷‍♂️

Hangman
    Pro

It’s the Bosch PS30 from nearly a decade ago “Built for Life” holds truth! Still works great as the day I bought it, done many installations paid for itself instantly. Also have the PS130 model which is a 12V Hammer Drill and also the 12V Impact Driver model. While a Flexi-Click would be great it’s redundant considering what I already own. Now if I were installing cabinets everyday I’d certainly get the Flexi-Click without a second thought.

The old 12V impact below still delivers as good as an 18V for many applications.

It’s the Bosch PS30 from nearly a decade ago “Built for Life” holds truth! Still works great as the day I bought it, done many installations paid for itself instantly. Also have the PS130 model which is a 12V Hammer Drill and also the 12V Impact Driver model. While a Flexi-Click would be great it’s redundant considering what I already own. Now if I were installing cabinets everyday I’d certainly get the Flexi-Click without a second thought.

The old 12V impact below still delivers as good as an 18V for many applications.

PS30 🤷‍♂️ I thought that’s what I was using in the shop , I thought it was a drill , I’ll have to recheck those pictures you posted , I’ve had my PS30 for around 12 to 14 years , great little drill

Okay , it’s pretty hard to see the chuck because it’s pretty much black on black ,

Hangman
    Pro

Posted the PS30 and also the 12V Impact whatever it’s called that’s a dozen years old.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Okay , it’s pretty hard to see the chuck because it’s pretty much black on black ,

Looks like drill to me. Not sure the model number as I am still pretty new to Bosch tools.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Posted the PS30 and also the 12V Impact whatever it’s called that’s a dozen years old.

Hahaha yeah these darn Bosch tools last a long time 👌👍
    I still have my 13 plus year old PS30 and PS40 🤫

Hangman
    Pro

Yes that are “Built for Life” for sure! My oldest Bosch tool is 17 year old a corded Barrel Grip Jig-Saw. Totally refurbished it 4 years ago while recovering from cataract surgery. Took a wire brush and clean sawdust out of every nook & cranny. Found a new no-mar foot plate on eBay for 10 Bucks, replaced the original one that was damaged. Used some plastic cleaner and it looked nearly good as new after all the building it’s done…it’s ready for action still.

Love the cordless versions too, ready for anything!!!

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Today I used my newly redeemed multi-grip saw for the first time to do some demolition in a garage.

Pretty good balance overall. I used it with a 6ah CORE battery.

Pretty good saw, not too heavy not too light. I don’t really feel like there are multiple grip positions. The saw itself is shorter than regular sawzalls, so that’s a good thing, but the big box – because it has to hold a charger and battery – is too big.

There is plenty of power and it cuts fast. I think it cuts faster than my 15 year old Porter Cable sawzall that is corded. That’s a good saw that I have used for many years and it’s the old PC brand not the one SBD bought out and left to rot.

The saw guard can be adjusted depth wise, and removable.

One interesting design there is a outside collar that when you turn it with your finger will cause the inside collar to turn to accept or reject a blade. I think that is a pretty clever design. Very convenient.

Hangman
    Pro

Really want one of those gooseneck looking reciprocating saws, have the older version that works well enough with a CORE12V battery. It’s not a tool I use often enough to justify yet…I’m waiting for the right job to come along 🤑

These is my recip family thus far 🤗

@Miamicuse thanks for the brief review , I’m still using the typical Bosch 18 volt recip not sure of the p/n but that new version has had some decent reviews ,

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I used my new 18V compact recip saw today. Nice little piece of kit. Made demoing the front wheelchair ramp a breeze….that and their building method made it easy I guess. Anyway…I like the curved foot on it better than the hinged one on most recip saws.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Bosch dust extractor , Bosch 18 volt vacuum , jigsaw and the blower , moving things around in the garage , and getting rid of a few scrap pieces of wood , oh yeah and of course the PB360 🤖📻

Hangman
    Pro

Seriously I could come here everyday just to say I used the PB360 or opened up an L-Boxx 🤣

Seriously I could come here everyday just to say I used the PB360 or opened up an L-Boxx 🤣

Yup same here , I use my Bosch tools every day , and like you if it’s not a tool it’s either the radio or something , even my windshield wipers 🤷‍♂️😂🤣😂

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I used my new 18V compact recip saw today. Nice little piece of kit. Made demoing the front wheelchair ramp a breeze….that and their building method made it easy I guess. Anyway…I like the curved foot on it better than the hinged one on most recip saws.

It is nice saw. I really like mine. I thought you might it as well.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Hangman
    Pro

While I use the 12V Vac plenty…I need to use it more!!!

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

OK I broke out the Bosch multigrip saw again.

This time I have a giant tree to be removed. The tree itself has been cut down already, but it has a large root system, and one of the roots went underneath the AC compressor pad, to the point it pushed the pad up out of level. I used a car jack to jack up the pad so I can dig around the root to free it.

The performance is quite impressive. I decided to time it. Using a 9″ pruning blade to cut this 7″ diameter root, took 11 seconds total to make the cut all the way across this rather hard root. This is fast.

So far, this has become my most favorite redemption.

This time I have a giant tree to be removed. The tree itself has been cut down already, but it has a large root system, and one of the roots went underneath the AC compressor pad, to the point it pushed the pad up out of level. I used a car jack to jack up the pad so I can dig around the root to free it.

The performance is quite impressive. I decided to time it. Using a 9″ pruning blade to cut this 7″ diameter root, took 11 seconds total to make the cut all the way across this rather hard root. This is fast.

Holy mackerel that’s a huge root , looks like a giant anaconda lol
    Sounds like it’s a great saw so far , what brand of pruning blade are you using.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Holy mackerel that’s a huge root , looks like a giant anaconda lol

Sounds like it’s a great saw so far , what brand of pruning blade are you using.

I am using regular Diablo pruning blades.

It was quite a bit of work to get that root out of the way. Had the jack up the pad, then some 4×4 in there to keep it up so I can remove the jack to get my shovel in there deeper.

The blade got totally destroyed from the abuse though LOL.

Like I said my previous purchase or redemption of Bosch cordless tools were underwhelming to me, the grinder doesn’t last long enough on a 6.3ah battery to be practically useful, the compact saw did not perform better than my M18 compact saw, the Freak was third in my tests amongst my test with the M18 and Ridgid I had etc…but this saw beats everything I have by a mile.

I am going to put it in my work truck, but it won’t fit inside a TSTAK box.

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 616 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.500 seconds