dcsimg

V11… Today I used my Bosch…

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Gave the Bosch Air Hammer 18 ga nail gun a bit of a work out today. The hammer got stuck in the down positions a few times.

Yes oiling it up will really help.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Gave the Bosch Air Hammer 18 ga nail gun a bit of a work out today. The hammer got stuck in the down positions a few times. I think it’s because it has sat around for a while. I am feeding it lots of air tool oil until everything gets used to working and it breaks in. I even took it apart and gave all the guts a good bit of air tool oil. I think it will be OK with a bit of use.

The 1900N light helped a lot today too. Particularly when I had to shut the breaker off to the bedroom to change some electrical outlets.

It’s unfortunate that they stopped making those nailer’s. I wonder if it was demand , or just bad timing , or unreliability , I regret not buying them when they were being sold at our Reno Depot stores years ago

Anyway I’m sure that oil will only help it , like you said , it probably sat there for a while.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Gave the Bosch Air Hammer 18 ga nail gun a bit of a work out today. The hammer got stuck in the down positions a few times. I think it’s because it has sat around for a while. I am feeding it lots of air tool oil until everything gets used to working and it breaks in. I even took it apart and gave all the guts a good bit of air tool oil. I think it will be OK with a bit of use.

The 1900N light helped a lot today too. Particularly when I had to shut the breaker off to the bedroom to change some electrical outlets.

That’s too bad your air is giving you trouble. Hopefully the air tool oil does the trick.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Glad to see some of the old Pneumatics still being used. Yes, the 18Ga brad nailer and stapler would sometimes get a little slow after it sat around for a while. Others suggestions of adding oil (pneumatic oil please) should bring it back to life.

Dadgineer
    Project Leader - Bosch Power Tools North America

CB
    Pro

Dadgineer… great to see you check back in.

Perhaps the one thing expected and missed the most about the concept of a Bosch sponsored forum is the opportunity to have some engagement with folks at Bosch once in a while on matters relating to Bosch tools, past and present.

Thanks for being here.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

the most about the concept of a Bosch sponsored forum is the opportunity to have some engagement with folks at Bosch once in a while on matters relating to Bosch tools, past and present.

Agreed. We need to do better with our community. 2020 should see an increase in these kind of interactions in social media and customer interaction. I think 2020 will be good for us all.

And I need to check in here more often.

Thanks.

Dadgineer

CB
    Pro

@Dadgineer

It may help you and your colleagues at Bosch to know and understand that Bosch’s retail presence in the home improvement stores has improved dramatically and very noticeably in the last 6 months.

Big box home improvement stores are where many contractors buy tools in a pinch (something breaks on a job, or tooling up an extra hired hand), and where most handy persons and home owners buy tools.

In recent past years, Bosch’s presence in home improvement stores steadily diminished to the point of obscurity, apart from a shared display of a breaker hammer and related bits, and maybe a jigsaw and some T shank bits.

The sheer lack of presence of the Bosch brand made it an even tougher sell for one to adopt a Bosch cordless line, since tool and battery availability is a principal factor in the viability and ultimate utility of a proprietary power system.

But something happened recently.

Bosch has bloomed everywhere throughout Lowes. Huge mid aisle displays. Huge endcap displays. Vastly increased inventory and selection. Big promotional deals. And all of this, despite Stanley Black and Decker’s dominant presence promoting the Craftsman brand which SBD spent a billion on.

Clearly, Bosch is back, and back big time. One cannot help but notice this in Lowes. I recently had to drive a round trip up and down my state, and stopped in several Lowe’s stores looking for close out deals on discontinued Hitachi branded pneumatic nail guns (saved about $700 in the effort), and that is how I came to notice Bosch blossoming in retail presence again.

So I believe you, when you say 2020 will be different for Bosch. It seems that Bosch has adopted a new stance in addressing the North American tool market. Too late for me (I adopted a different battery platform one year ago, and invested several thousand into it now), but not too late for others who finally get a chance to physically see and touch Bosch tools in person… because the tools are in stock and on display.

Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

I am happy to report the 18 ga nail gun put up a whole bunch more wainscot and did it without a hitch. I think the old gooey oil was the problem. It liked the new clean stuff.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

@cb
    I’ll have to do it this way; here is the reply to your comment on improved visibility of the Bosch brand at Lowes…

I do not have a Lowes in my immediate shopping area but I have 2 Rona stores (a Canadian chain owned by Lowes). They are both 100% Craftsman; not a Bosch tool to be seen. I wonder who is doing the marketing there?

Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am happy to report the 18 ga nail gun put up a whole bunch more wainscot and did it without a hitch. I think the old gooey oil was the problem. It liked the new clean stuff.

Glad to hear a cleaning and fresh oil solved the problem.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Good to hear that it’s working flawless Jim , just needed some TLC , I usually drop some oil in my nailer’s regularly ,
    I believe you had a 18 gauge nailer before , just curious to hear how this Bosch compares against what you used before.

For me nothing special , just the old PS30 and my FL10

just curious to hear how this Bosch compares against what you used before.

So far I like it better. The rubber end on the tip is nice. I also like that you set the power of the strike at the tool. The old one you had to play with the air pressure. The Bosch is lighter too. Another plus is that it’s easier to load and change nails. I have used 1″ and 2″ nails in it so far, so that’s a pretty good range. Oh, and being able to change the direction of the exhaust air is another plus. The old one is a Performance Plus brand made by King Canada.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

@cb

Glad you are seeing the start of good things to come with Bosch.

Thanks for the update on your experience.

Dadgineer

Okay so I think I’ll be buying the 90 degree drill either the 12 volt or 18 volt.
    Or I’ll take a look at the flexi click. Was installing some shelves and need to be able to get it in a tight spot.
    I used the Bosch blah blah blah stud finder not sure of the model number
    My HDS181 and a few other things cordless vac and lights.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here is what it looks like in the wild,,,

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Takes a lickin’ for sure.

Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Great pictures! Not only plays tunes!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Here is what it looks like in the wild,,,</blockquote

Nice to see them getting Dirty , looks like you are getting great use of them.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That radio has been through a lot but still works. Thank you for the pics Dirty.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I do not have a Lowes in my immediate shopping area but I have 2 Rona stores (a Canadian chain owned by Lowes). They are both 100% Craftsman; not a Bosch tool to be seen. I wonder who is doing the marketing there?

In several South Florida Lowes stores I see some Bosch displays in the center aisle.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 217 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.634 seconds