dcsimg

V11… Today I used my Bosch…

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

….and the cordless Bosch vacuum to clean up the brake junk

Used my cordless Bosch wet/dry vac a lot the last few days. A lot handier than using the bigger floor vacs in certain circumstances.

But one area I found it to be a bit weak on suction is in using it to sweep the floor with a long wand and pick-up head. Just doesn’t suck enough in that type of application.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Used the IDH182 a few of the bosch lights , and the cordless Bosch vacuum to clean up the brake junk

Alright brake work and dirty hands. Sounds like a fun day.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Used my cordless Bosch wet/dry vac a lot the last few days. A lot handier than using the bigger floor vacs in certain circumstances.

But one area I found it to be a bit weak on suction is in using it to sweep the floor with a long wand and pick-up head. Just doesn’t suck enough in that type of application.

Really I find it to be pretty good , obviously nothing like the bigger corded Bosch vacs , but good enough for me and picking up wood chips or dust , I use the floor piece that came with it , it’s definitely not big and intended to clean up the whole garage floor , it is great for quick use and not having to look for a plug ,

Doobie

Really I find it to be pretty good , obviously nothing like the bigger corded Bosch vacs , but good enough for me and picking up wood chips or dust , I use the floor piece that came with it , it’s definitely not big and intended to clean up the whole garage floor , it is great for quick use and not having to look for a plug ,

It was for picking up wood chips from drilling thru some of the joists I couldn’t use the suck on hole drilling extractor accessory. Mostly anything that was close to the edge of the wall wouldn’t get sucked up.

It was for picking up wood chips from drilling thru some of the joists I couldn’t use the suck on hole drilling extractor accessory. Mostly anything that was close to the edge of the wall wouldn’t get sucked up.

Oh well , to bad about that , I haven’t had any issues with the picking up like that , I don’t know about that adapter for drilling concrete ,

Doobie

Used my 10 Glide for the first time this season. Having that T4B stand is sweet. Makes moving that big hravy miter saw pretty easy. Was cuttingsome PVC boards outside with it.

Used my 18V Starlock also to trim off some thin fascia PVC planks that I’d left long last fall pending installing the corner trims they would flank over of.

Used my 10 Glide for the first time this season. Having that T4B stand is sweet. Makes moving that big hravy miter saw pretty easy. Was cuttingsome PVC boards outside with it.

Used my 18V Starlock also to trim off some thin fascia PVC planks that I’d left long last fall pending installing the corner trims they would flank over of.

Yeah that’s a great combo of glide and gravity rise stand
    Just so practical

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I might have to get T4B stand for my 10″ Glide. I can’t do that with my present stand.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Is the stand for the miter saw and table saw the same stand or two different stands?

Is the stand for the miter saw and table saw the same stand or two different stands?

Two different stands , one has the track or miter attachment so to speak ,
    Very similar but different 🙄🤭

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Wouldn’t it be nice if it’s the same stand where with extra parts you can transform from a table saw stand to o a miter stand and vice versa?

Wouldn’t it be nice if it’s the same stand where with extra parts you can transform from a table saw stand to o a miter stand and vice versa?

I could see that being a pain for contractors going from site to site daily ,
    But yeah I guess it would be possible , 🤷‍♂️

Doobie

They have significant elevation differences for normal use, so whatever add on to accomodate the higher miter saw needs, would probably add too much weight all around and also make having the proper balance for both configurations to each be easily extended or folded down be a bit of an engineering challenge if not impossible.

I have both of these Bosch stands and related equipment. I can even compare to a PC/Dewalt piston assisted stand with a plain 12 inch chop saw on it I also have that weighs maybe 25% less than my T4B and 10in Glide. The Bosch stands are much easier and it is likely that they figured out the perfect design that allows a balanced pivot point in how they collapse/expand that make them a lot easier to use.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I finally got used my PB120 radio at the beach yesterday. It worked great and easy to carry and store in the van.

Greg

Doobie

So the other day, I go to use my 18V CFL180 incandescent old generation Bosch light and it doesn’t come on. I figure it is pooched, but today I take a closer look.

I notice that there are grab-on rubbers around the head of the lamp that house the bulb location. Sure enough, clasping them on each side, I can remove the cover of the bulb enclosure.

What was even better though, was finding that the geniuses at Bosch actually provided a spare bulb harnessed in its own little insertion holder in the inside of the light. Great!

I change the bulb, and the light works fine. Thanks Bosch!

But I go to look for buying a replacement bulb for the next time this happens after that is all said and done, and find that the replacement bulbs for it that I can find are like $20 a pop or more on Amazon.

Then I also read info that some people have swapped out the incandescent bulb for LED bulbs instead, only problem is, nobody is offering specs on what LED retrofit bulb to look for that they’ve found for it.

So I call Bosch tech support and the girl I spoke to is I’m not the only one who has asked her about LED retrofits for this older model light. She’s gonna send me some info via email sometime later today to help me in this regard. Hopefully, it’ll help me scour an LED bulb for it instead. Fingers crossed!

Strangely, I like this light. I’ve reached for it often. Be nice if it had an LED in it though. Let’s see if I can make that happen.

So the other day, I go to use my 18V CFL180 incandescent old generation Bosch light and it doesn’t come on. I figure it is pooched, but today I take a closer look.

I notice that there are grab-on rubbers around the head of the lamp that house the bulb location. Sure enough, clasping them on each side, I can remove the cover of the bulb enclosure.

What was even better though, was finding that the geniuses at Bosch actually provided a spare bulb harnessed in its own little insertion holder in the inside of the light. Great!

But I go to look for buying a replacement bulb for the next time this happens after that is all said and done, and find that the replacement bulbs for it that I can find are like $20 a pop or more on Amazon.

Then I also read info that some people have swapped out the incandescent bulb for LED bulbs instead, only problem is, nobody is offering specs on what LED retrofit bulb to look for that they’ve found for it.

So I call Bosch tech support and the girl I spoke to is I’m not the only one who has asked her about LED retrofits for this older model light. She’s gonna send me some info via email sometime later today to help me in this regard. Hopefully, it’ll help me scour an LED bulb for it instead. Fingers crossed!

Strangely, I like this light. I’ve reached for it often. Be nice if it had an LED in it though. Let’s see if I can make that happen.

Yeah all of the older Bosch lights have a spare bulb , when I had the Bosch Ni-cad model ,
    With the 2.4 blue core batteries , I could get around 3 hours of runtime with the original bulbs , when I switched them over to led I easily had 20 plus hours on a charge , huge difference ,
    I even replaced the FL10 bulb for the led ,

Doobie

Got her info, and found a two pack of the LED replacements at WallyMart.ca, so I ordered it for $30 plus shipping.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/HQRP-2-Pack-LED-Upgrade-Bulb-for-Bosch-2609200306-2610924979-2610920841-2610951871-CFL180-FL10A-FL11A-FL11-Flashlight-100LM-7-30V-HQRP-Coaster/PRD1DCTC2VTC4ZM

Got her info, and found a two pack of the LED replacements at WallyMart.ca, so I ordered it for $30 plus shipping.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/HQRP-2-Pack-LED-Upgrade-Bulb-for-Bosch-2609200306-2610924979-2610920841-2610951871-CFL180-FL10A-FL11A-FL11-Flashlight-100LM-7-30V-HQRP-Coaster/PRD1DCTC2VTC4ZM

Yup that’s exactly what I bought years ago , they are pretty much standard , I think they are good from 6 volt all the way to 30 volt or something like that , I believe I paid around the same price ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That’s awesome that Bosch put a spare bulb in the light. Who would have thought.

That’s great you LED replacement bulbs for light. With a 2 pack you should be good for awhile.

Greg

Using the pb360 and the gbl18v-71 who said tools are only for construction lol

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.803 seconds