dcsimg

V10… Today I used my Bosch…

Viewing 7 posts - 1,001 through 1,007 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Why then do they keep referring it to HEPA filter

HEPA isn’t the ultimate filtration level. It’s not even hospital grade from what I recall reading somewhere years ago. In reading the owners manual it warns against using them for all sorts of other substances.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/cordless-vacuum-cleaners-gas18v-3n-196287-p/

It’s HEPA filter is meant to be used for concrete dust and pretty much everything

On page four of the owners manual is says this….

Do not use to vacuum
    concrete dust and/or
    other materials that include silica. The
    filter is not able to capture all silica dust,
    which may cause health hazards.

….what they don’t also say is it is harmful to the motor over time.

? Why then do they keep referring it to HEPA filter
    That seems like false marketing , maybe we should remove it from the threads, don’t want to go against the Bosch rules and regulations and so on ,
    I actually just put it in the recycling bin , except the Motor or head , I’ll bring it to the electronic recycling this week ,
    I wonder if they should pull it off the market , no place does it mention that if you combine metal and fiber like fiberglass insulation or otherwise , plus the fact that it doesn’t come with the anti static hose , that could be deadly , just like the guy at our shop , he used the typical vacuum and it was used for regular pick up of aluminum , plus fiberglass , and presto , it blew up on him , pretty bad burns on his face.

Let me know if you see that mentioned anywhere.

Thanks for the warning

Wait, what???

@boschmanbrian I need to hear more about this because I use my little vac for EVERYTHING and I need to make sure I don’t blow myself up!

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/cordless-vacuum-cleaners-gas18v-3n-196287-p/

It’s HEPA filter is meant to be used for concrete dust and pretty much everything

Do not use to vacuum
    concrete dust and/or

That seems like false marketing , maybe we should remove it from the threads, don’t want to go against the Bosch rules and regulations and so on ,
    I actually just put it in the recycling bin , except the Motor or head , I’ll bring it to the electronic recycling this week ,
    I wonder if they should pull it off the market , no place does it mention that if you combine metal and fiber like fiberglass insulation or otherwise , plus the fact that it doesn’t come with the anti static hose , that could be deadly , just like the guy at our shop , he used the typical vacuum and it was used for regular pick up of aluminum , plus fiberglass , and presto , it blew up on him , pretty bad burns on his face.

Thanks for the warning

Wait, what???

@boschmanbrian I need to hear more about this because I use my little vac for EVERYTHING and I need to make sure I don’t blow myself up!

He’s exagerating/yankin the chain Charlie. You won’t blow yourself up. Sheesh!

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Do not use to vacuum
    concrete dust and/or

Thanks for the warning

Wait, what???

I don’t know Doobie, he sounded pretty serious…

But I’m also really gullible – so don’t do that to me Brian! lol!

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@ronw thread’s breaking 🙂 Mind starting a new one?

Charlie

Instagram

Do not use to vacuum
    concrete dust and/or

Thanks for the warning

Wait, what???

I don’t know Doobie, he sounded pretty serious…

But I’m also really gullible – so don’t do that to me Brian! lol!

No I’m not yanking your chain , I’ve worked in the manufacturing industry for over 35 years
    Mixing dusts in a closed vac can be explosive ,
    They create plenty of static , exactly what needs to spark an explosion
    I’ve mentioned it before , one of my coworkers nearly blew his head off when the top of the shop vac blew off , flaming out of the top
    But hey , don’t believe me ,
    I’ve seen people get cut , squeezed between machines and forklifts , fall off structures , and so on
    It’s definitely not meant as a joke

I’ll try to get more information about the guy who had this happen to.

Unless it’s against the rules here. I’ll pm you when I get it.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

@doobie care to close this one down. A new one has been started.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 7 posts - 1,001 through 1,007 (of 1,007 total)
  • The topic ‘V10… Today I used my Bosch…’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.006 seconds