dcsimg

V10… Today I used my Bosch…

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author

@cmeyer25 yeah it’s big , I had a one similar to the one you have , but I figured I’d give the gravity rise a try
    Actually very pleased with it so far
    I was looking at both of them the table saw and gravity rise and the miter with the gravity rise
    Definitely can’t get both of them in my SUV with tools ,
    It’s great for around home and the garage/shop , I just found out from IG that the cordless miter saw will be available most probably by the begging of the new year
    , Then I’ll definitely be interested in the GTA3800 stand like you have.

Doobie

I just found out from IG that the cordless miter saw will be available most probably by the begining of the new year

Is that from the new BITURBO line of Bosch tools coming out?

https://www.bosch-presse.de/pressportal/de/en/cordless-tools-now-better-than-corded-tools-biturbo-tools-from-bosch-for-professionals-184896.html

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I just used my socket ready impact to change a flat on my trailer! How convenient!

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Again used my 1 1/8″ Bosch to do some framing in concrete

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Today I got to use my new GDX18V-1800 alongside my idh182 to install tapcons and GRKs, so the cordless bulldog came out to play too 🙂 Besides those blue tools I also use my glide, ps32, fl12, cordless recip, and cordless circ saw.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

I was organizing my tools tonite and realized that an extension hex shaft I’m gonna need for installing some Cortex screws with my Makita impact can’t be inserted in the bit chuck, but it does fit in my old Bosch impacts, so I guess one of my Bosch impacts is being called out of retirement tomorrow morning.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

so I guess one of my Bosch impacts is being called out of retirement tomorrow morning.

Good deal at least you checked it before hand before wasting precious project time.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I was organizing my tools tonite and realized that an extension hex shaft I’m gonna need for installing some Cortex screws with my Makita impact can’t be inserted in the bit chuck, but it does fit in my old Bosch impacts, so I guess one of my Bosch impacts is being called out of retirement tomorrow morning.

I have that problem with some bits and the Freak impacts. A lot of 2” socket drivers just don’t quite have enough shaft length for the bit to lock into the chuck before the belled end hits the opening of the chuck. That’s when I’m glad I can grab my ps42.

Charlie

Instagram

I have that problem with some bits and the Freak impacts. A lot of 2” socket drivers just don’t quite have enough shaft length for the bit to lock into the chuck before the belled end hits the opening of the chuck. That’s when I’m glad I can grab my ps42.

Really I’ve never had any issues with mine
    I have been using the Bosch impact bits for years on all my impacts 25618 and the IDH182 even my older PS30 I wonder if it’s only other brand bits ?

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Really I’ve never had any issues with mine
    I have been using the Bosch impact bits for years on all my impacts 25618 and the IDH182 even my older PS30 I wonder if it’s only other brand bits ?

I have been using the same DeWalt bits for years…

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

This extension shaft is a very old no-name brand. I say no-name as I had tried to see what name was engraved on it and nothing was of a brand name. Think I’ve had it for over 20 years and it rarely ever gets used anyways.

I could go down the street and get a new one, but why bother. I’ve got half a dozen or so screws to sink that requires it, so it’s no big deal. Just glad that the off sized one I have is just long enough for the job required of it.

My Bosch random orbit sanders to sand down the splines of a couple of new picture frames for some photos I took; I still need to cut mats and glass for these as well as others.

Will

I’m liking the little cordless vac for concrete dust
    And the grinder make a pretty good combo
    I find it definitely slowly looses the suction though from the filter getting dust from the concrete.

Doobie

I find it definitely slowly looses the suction though from the filter getting dust from the concrete.

Why didn’t you use your bigger Bosch vac for that Brian? In fact, I don’t think the little cordless vac is intended at all for that. Silica dust which is super fine will get into the motor and pooch that little guy just like it can with ordinary shopvacs over time.

Me, I used my 5in surface grinder with one of my drywall/silica dust vacs today. Virtually a mess free job.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Why didn’t you use your bigger Bosch vac for that Brian? In fact, I don’t think the little cordless vac is intended at all for that. Silica dust which is super fine will get into the motor and pooch that little guy just like it can with ordinary shopvacs over time.

Me, I used my 5in surface grinder with one of my drywall/silica dust vacs today. Virtually a mess free job.

I’m thought the 18V canister vac was ok to use for drywall and concrete…

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I sometimes use mine as well for concrete dust, save me having to get out the big vac.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/cordless-vacuum-cleaners-gas18v-3n-196287-p/

It’s HEPA filter is meant to be used for concrete dust and pretty much everything

I wouldn’t use it all the time but for a fast job or clean up , it’s the practical choice instead of lugging out the bigger 14 gallon

@RonW I think this thread will be breaking soon Ron.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/cordless-vacuum-cleaners-gas18v-3n-196287-p/

It’s HEPA filter is meant to be used for concrete dust and pretty much everything

I wouldn’t use it all the time but for a fast job or clean up , it’s the practical choice instead of lugging out the bigger 14 gallon

@ronw I think this thread will be breaking soon Ron.

That’s what I thought – I used it a bunch when I was drilling out those footings to anchor steel plates earlier this summer. I cleaned out the filter fairly often and it’s still working great.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

On page four of the owners manual is says this….

Do not use to vacuum
    concrete dust and/or
    other materials that include silica. The
    filter is not able to capture all silica dust,
    which may cause health hazards.

….what they don’t also say is it is harmful to the motor over time.

On page four of the owners manual is says this….

Do not use to vacuum
    concrete dust and/or
    other materials that include silica. The
    filter is not able to capture all silica dust,
    which may cause health hazards.

….what they don’t also say is it is harmful to the motor over time.

? Why then do they keep referring it to HEPA filter
    That seems like false marketing , maybe we should remove it from the threads, don’t want to go against the Bosch rules and regulations and so on ,
    I actually just put it in the recycling bin , except the Motor or head , I’ll bring it to the electronic recycling this week ,
    I wonder if they should pull it off the market , no place does it mention that if you combine metal and fiber like fiberglass insulation or otherwise , plus the fact that it doesn’t come with the anti static hose , that could be deadly , just like the guy at our shop , he used the typical vacuum and it was used for regular pick up of aluminum , plus fiberglass , and presto , it blew up on him , pretty bad burns on his face.

Let me know if you see that mentioned anywhere.

Thanks for the warning

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,007 total)
  • The topic ‘V10… Today I used my Bosch…’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.888 seconds