dcsimg

V10… Today I used my Bosch…

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I even used my 12V planer a little to clean some of the glued on particle board that didn’t come up in the demo.

Do you use a little metal detector before using the planer to make sure there’s no broken metal Charlie?

I probably should – but I could see where the staples were in this instance and I was only taking off about two mm of material so I didn’t bother.

I recommend this one if you don’t have one already.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/tools/workshop/45125-metal-detector

I’ve had mine for almost 20 years and it takes a 9V battery so you can leave the battery in there for long periods and not worry about leaks.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I even used my 12V planer a little to clean some of the glued on particle board that didn’t come up in the demo.

Do you use a little metal detector before using the planer to make sure there’s no broken metal Charlie?

I probably should – but I could see where the staples were in this instance and I was only taking off about two mm of material so I didn’t bother.

I recommend this one if you don’t have one already.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/tools/workshop/45125-metal-detector

I’ve had mine for almost 20 years and it takes a 9V battery so you can leave the battery in there for long periods and not worry about leaks.

I like the sound of that – it would be good for finding studs too I bet (locating drywall screws or nails)
    But I didn’t know that 9V batteries were less prone to leaks than AA or AAA style batteries. Any idea why that is?

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

But I didn’t know that 9V batteries were less prone to leaks than AA or AAA style batteries. Any idea why that is?

No idea. I’ve just never seen one leak. Anybody know why?

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

18V reciprocating saw and socket ready impact both came out for thee window job this morning.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve never seen a 9V leak either. AA or AAA all the time. Get to be a pain. I have started using Lithium AA supposed to not leak and last a lot longer.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

I’ve never seen a 9V leak either. AA or AAA all the time. Get to be a pain. I have started using Lithium AA supposed to not leak and last a lot longer.

So those lithiums you memtion, are they disposable but just don’t leak? Or are they expensive rechargables?

I should go to something that never leaks for the tools like my lasers and my digital levels I have. Those are pricey tools to trash if a battery leaks and while I try to keep on top of not leaving batteries in them for prolonged periods of non-use, sometimes you can miss that critical exercise.

I bought a few of the 9 volt lithium batteries , more expensive , buy I think it’s going to be good for the long run , it’s been talked about before in another thread someplace by Miamicuse I believe and CB

Have been using the PB360 and a few other Bosch

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

So those lithiums you memtion, are they disposable but just don’t leak? Or are they expensive rechargables?

I should go to something that never leaks for the tools like my lasers and my digital levels I have. Those are pricey tools to trash if a battery leaks and while I try to keep on top of not leaving batteries in them for prolonged periods of non-use, sometimes you can miss that critical exercise.

That’s a good point…I leave my batteries in tools all the time, so I may need to rethink that.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

GTokley wrote:
    cmeyer25 wrote:
    I was fixing some water damage and ended up using my OMT and multigrip for demo, then my cordless saw, ps32&42, cordless vac, table saw and glide for the repair. I even used my 12V planer a little to clean some of the glued on particle board that didn’t come up in the demo.

Is the particle board use for sheathing on the floor? Looks like lots of Blue tools being used. Looks like you use your cordless vac alot.

Yeah – 5/8” particle board. It was a manufactured home.

And you’re right, I use my cordless vac ALL.THE. TIME. It’s just the perfect size. I have pretty limited storage space in my vehicle so a full size shop vac is just too big but this guy with the new 8.0 Core battery lasts and lasts and has all the suction I need.

Charlie

Oh I didn’t know they used particle board in manufactured homes.

I am thinking about getting on of those cordless vacs. I know they would be very handy.

Greg

Doobie

Used my 18V Bosch Metal Cutting saw yesterday to cit some drip edge for a lean-to shed build I need to finish.

I have to say , that gravity rise stand is pretty sweet
    I have been using it Saturday and Sunday , compared to the older MasterCraft stand similar to the GTA3800 this gravity is nice
    Obviously I’ve just been using it around the garage and backyard
    You definitely need room for it in the trailer or truck. So far I’m really liking it.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I used my PS41 while putting the cover on my storage shelter. It made it alot easier the socket and ratchet.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I used my PS41 while putting the cover on my storage shelter. It made it alot easier the socket and ratchet.

It sure does, I use mine all the time for jobs like that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Used my 18V Bosch metal cutting circ saw to cut a piece of flashing to cap off the lean-to shed roofing today. It was nice having it up on roof with me and just cutting to length the one piece that needed cutting.

But more used was my 18V Starlock to rip some of the architectural shingles as needed. So much easier than doing with an Olfa shingle hook blade manually.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Used my bosch 1 1/8 hammer drill to install a door.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Yesterday I used my GLL3-80 laser level to set the first rows of the hardwood I was installing, as well as my cordless vac, and ps32&42 to put a few finish screws into some transition pieces that were loosely attached to an older section of hardwood and couldn’t be securely nailed down. I also used my glide a bit 🙂

I also almost always have my battery adapter on site to charge my wireless headphones or phone.

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Los of time spent at my glide and table saw today. Last of the hardwood went in along with a bit of trim. Also used my jigsaw and blower too.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lots of time spent at my glide and table saw today.

Nice shot of you using the CORE battery.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Los of time spent at my glide and table saw today. Last of the hardwood went in along with a bit of trim. Also used my jigsaw and blower too.

I just received the gravity rise stand , it’s great , but I’ll definitely be buying the TB3800 when I buy the New cordless miter saw, hopefully later this year
    I also really like the 4.0 core packs. I’ll have to get more of them.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Lots of time spent at my glide and table saw today.

Nice shot of you using the CORE battery.

lol, I hadn’t even thought about that, but you’re right!

I just received the gravity rise stand , it’s great , but I’ll definitely be buying the TB3800 when I buy the New cordless miter saw, hopefully later this year
    I also really like the 4.0 core packs. I’ll have to get more of them.

I really like the small stand for the table saw – I couldn’t pack the gravity rise stand into my ride, and the table saw is light enough and has handles all over it which make it easy enough to carry anywhere I’ve needed to so far. Sometimes I even carry them together once I’ve set them up together – it’s not a huge deal at all. Now, would I mind having nice big wheels to not have to carry it? Absolutely – but until I get a trailer or a bigger rig that’s just not in the cards for me. I would love to get the cordless miter saw though – that would be a huge weight reduction compared to the glide. And then I could leave the glide at home in my shop and not have a bare shop all the time, lol!

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,007 total)
  • The topic ‘V10… Today I used my Bosch…’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.203 seconds