dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,961 through 1,980 (of 2,498 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Guys are finishing ups installing the new furnace and a/c unit today. They started yesterday. Look forward to having central air this summer and having a new furnace this winter.

The boys ran in a issue yesterday trying to get the furnace and a/c to work properly.
    They thought there was a issue with thermostat. They replaced the thermostat and still had the same issue. They also tried running a new wire for the thermostat. Couldn’t find the hold in the wall where the old wire was fed threw. After tracing the wire from the furnace to where it goes from the crawlspace to the basement. Someone had replace that section of wire and reverse the wires when hooking back up. Those 2 wires cause 2 guys alot a grief.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Guys are finishing ups installing the new furnace and a/c unit today. They started yesterday. Look forward to having central air this summer and having a new furnace this winter.

The boys ran in a issue yesterday trying to get the furnace and a/c to work properly.

They thought there was a issue with thermostat. They replaced the thermostat and still had the same issue. They also tried running a new wire for the thermostat. Couldn’t find the hold in the wall where the old wire was fed threw. After tracing the wire from the furnace to where it goes from the crawlspace to the basement. Someone had replace that section of wire and reverse the wires when hooking back up. Those 2 wires cause 2 guys alot a grief.

Just had that problem on my Skid loader. I had had the auxiliary electrical plug replaced about a year ago at the dealership. I had not used it since. I hooked up an attachment and it would not work. I went through it and could not figure out why. I finally had the dealership mobile service out. everything checked out grounding the plug power to the frame. It would still not work on the attachment. In the end, we ended up replacing the plug and found out that when the dealership replaced it previously, they had 2 of the 8 wires in the plug in the wrong place. One of the wires being the ground which was causing all the problems.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

My charcoal barbeque came in so I went and picked it up. Brought it home and put it together. Then I drank beer, played my guitar and grilled up a steak.

Tough day.

Putting the BBQ together might have been the toughest part. As some instructions can be pretty difficult to read.

Instructions??? lol if at first you don’t succeed read directions! ha ha

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Yeah I know what you mean , I also have a 100 foot cord , it’s annoying for sure ,
    Sounds like you definitely have more work than I have just with leaves and stuff , sure sounds like it’s a lot of work ,
    I only have one crab apple tree , those little apples are a pain , but nothing like what you are going through ,
    I know what you mean , I too definitely don’t want any gas powered tools for yard work

Good luck with that ,
    I know I was thinking about that Ryobi devour last year , but I think they stopped making it , unfortunately I don’t think it would be a good idea for you , especially since those little fruit burst up /open ,

Thanks. This is the corded leaf vac I have now. Is it the same model as yours?

It has enough suction to pick up the fruits into the nozzle, but it hovers in side and never making it through the vac body and bag. I turned it off and it all drops back on the ground.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My charcoal barbeque came in so I went and picked it up. Brought it home and put it together. Then I drank beer, played my guitar and grilled up a steak.

Tough day.

Putting the BBQ together might have been the toughest part. As some instructions can be pretty difficult to read.

Instructions??? lol if at first you don’t succeed read directions! ha ha

LOL! Usually this what I do. Wifey gives me trouble for not reading the instructions. So now try to look at the instructions.

Greg

Yeah I know what you mean , I also have a 100 foot cord , it’s annoying for sure ,

Sounds like you definitely have more work than I have just with leaves and stuff , sure sounds like it’s a lot of work ,

I only have one crab apple tree , those little apples are a pain , but nothing like what you are going through ,

I know what you mean , I too definitely don’t want any gas powered tools for yard work

Good luck with that ,

I know I was thinking about that Ryobi devour last year , but I think they stopped making it , unfortunately I don’t think it would be a good idea for you , especially since those little fruit burst up /open ,

Thanks. This is the corded leaf vac I have now. Is it the same model as yours?

It has enough suction to pick up the fruits into the nozzle, but it hovers in side and never making it through the vac body and bag. I turned it off and it all drops back on the ground.

Looks different slightly , I never got a chance to take a picture , I’ll try to get it tonight , I remember mine getting clogged up inside around the propeller with damp debris while using it around the yard.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

One of the wires being the ground which was causing all the problems.

Grounding issues can be a bear to figure out. Often time some things will just ground through a different path. Sometimes that path is not a good one. Some things will function, while others don’t, or function poorly.

Oh, and I read the instructions for the BBQ. It was all picture instructions with no indication of orientations. Had to take it apart once to correct things…lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Only one window fixed up today. But I also got some aluminium up in a place on the soffit where we think our furry visitor came in to see us this morning. The dog just looses her mind when she sees a squirrel, and in the house?…Took her hours to settle down from pacing around trying to find it…lol. She’s such a nut, not much bigger than a squirrel herself.
    Other than that, a trip to town for some screws and window shims along with groceries and a couple of lotto tickets…no one has won that $70 million yet.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

@Miamicuse this is mine ,

Looks the same to me. The nozzle is smaller but that’s because it’s the blower nozzle. I had on the vac attachment that is bigger. I think the rest is identical?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

2 more windows fixed today. Only 2 more to go on the upstairs. I got one of the sink drains in the laundry room cut off and capped. Pre curser to yet another project.

I even mowed the rest of the lawn. That was an ordeal. It has splotches of wild flowers in it that the wife loves and I think it looks a mess. The compromise was I mowed but left some of the small areas where they were growing thick enough to look like something, plus the corner of the lot where the 2 streets we live on meet.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

2 more windows fixed today. Only 2 more to go on the upstairs. I got one of the sink drains in the laundry room cut off and capped. Pre curser to yet another project.

Halfway through one project and getting ready for the next one. You sure are staying busy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Emergency crisis work last two days.

Got a call from a tenant saying she has no power in her unit. This is a condo building where each unit is individually owned. Well next door was doing some renovation, and their contractor came over and knocked on her door asking if she lost power she said yes. The contractor didn’t speak English much, and a while later power came back, but then only kind of come back, but some things work and some things didn’t. So I went over and started to trouble shoot.

It looks like she lost a leg. So all her 240V appliances – air conditioning, water heater, range etc…are not working. But the range is getting 120V, as the clock on the dash is fine but the burner is not. Sounds to me like a loose connection on the power line, so I had her call the POCO since the electric account is in her name.

Meanwhile I asked other units did they lose power, nope. So unlikely the problem is with overhead lines. She called POCO and passed me the phone, and they told me they remotely checked and power is being delivered to the smart meter.

OK so problem is between the meter and the unit’s panel.

Now back to trouble shooting. Back to the contractor asking if power was out, did they do something? Knocked on their door, and no one answers. It was 8pm. I decided to call it a day. Went home, emailed everyone in the building asking if anyone is doing anything that may have damaged wiring or anyone having an issue, and sure enough my neighbor responded and said “they may have hit something” LOL.

So from the electrical room’s meter there is a 60 ft long EMT conduit that houses the main wires to my panel. They were chipping and hacking to break the concrete slab and cut a hole right through the EMT and severed a conductor.

The guy told me it sparked big time and had a little bit of fire shooting out. He shit his pants probably.

The old wires had to be pulled, the conduit repaired, and new wires repulled. I had to call in an electrician to complete the repair as it takes three guys to pull in the new wires through this old EMT. It was not pretty.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

working on sewer plugged sewerlines today

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

They were chipping and hacking to break the concrete slab and cut a hole right through the EMT and severed a conductor.

…and they didn’t mention it to anyone when it happened? Sheesh!

They were chipping and hacking to break the concrete slab and cut a hole right through the EMT and severed a conductor.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking , 🤞 hopefully nobody will notice 🤭🤭

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Exactly. They knew they messed up, and it was a big EMT conduit. I think they were hoping it’s going to one fixture no one would notice or if anyone noticed they wouldn’t be able to figure out who caused it, but it’s the main feeder wire to the panel of the entire apartment!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Exactly. They knew they messed up, and it was a big EMT conduit.

LOL man that’s funny. Guess they figured it would heal itself. Glad you got it fixed. Hopefully you can collect the damages from the original contractor that cut the line.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Just had that problem on my Skid loader. I had had the auxiliary electrical plug replaced about a year ago at the dealership. I had not used it since. I hooked up an attachment and it would not work. I went through it and could not figure out why. I finally had the dealership mobile service out. everything checked out grounding the plug power to the frame. It would still not work on the attachment. In the end, we ended up replacing the plug and found out that when the dealership replaced it previously, they had 2 of the 8 wires in the plug in the wrong place. One of the wires being the ground which was causing all the problems.

I guess they never checked there work when they were done.

I replaced the original thermostat this past winter to cheap programable one. I struggled to get to work. I can’t remember what I did but managed to get it to work. No job seems easy.

Greg

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Not high end woodworking, but knocked out a couple planter stands for the mother’s assisted living patio – but mother is pleased so that is all that counts.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,961 through 1,980 (of 2,498 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.039 seconds