dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,941 through 1,960 (of 2,498 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Hope you don’t find any surprises.

None yet. Other than every window is put in at a different depth in the wall. No consistency at all. But, that’s kind of the reason I’m redoing it all anyway. He had put in some full length spacers on the side and top with gaps, so sealing those up as I go too including the faces between the spacer and framing. Filling other gaps with spray foam too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Guys are finishing ups installing the new furnace and a/c unit today. They started yesterday. Look forward to having central air this summer and having a new furnace this winter.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Guys are finishing ups installing the new furnace and a/c unit today. They started yesterday. Look forward to having central air this summer and having a new furnace this winter.

Congrats on your new furnace , definitely going to be nice , I like the trees in the front of your house 👍
    Did you get a heat pump , or just a a/c unit outside

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Congrats on your new furnace , definitely going to be nice , I like the trees in the front of your house 👍

Did you get a heat pump , or just a a/c unit outside

Thanks! Oh yes it will be nice for sure. I hope less to worry about as our furnace was pretty old.
    We like the trees as well. I wanted to cut the one down next to the driveway. To make the driveway wider. But wifey didn’t like this at all.
    We went with a/c unit outside.

Greg

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

@roninohio hey Ron , how did that little job go yesterday for the neighbor , hope it all worked out ok.

I think I pulled another muscle in the rib chest area , friggin sore as hell 😭

Finished trimmer lots of shrubs in the yard after work , I definitely need to pull out the Toro vacuum for the dead leafs and stuff

Got the job done Brian. It took much longer than it should have but with my health I was happy to get it done. I ran a 220 and a 110 line to his garage so he can charge his electric car at home.

I would remove the ballasts and just go with LED tube bilbs

I cherry picked all the best units for the shop. There were a bunch of T12 units I pitched. The T8’s are relatively new, not used often, and might as well use them up if they still work as is. They’re free!!! My original plan was to go with LED strips like I did in the old shop. They were about $10/4′ strip. Maybe someday when I win the lottery I will still do it.

I still wonder about moving my shop upstairs as we don’t rent the big room at all (well, once). The basement could then go to rent as storage space. My wife suggests we reno the upstairs into our home, but there is no water feed to that side.

Oh I misread. I thought you had the extra fixtures but not extra tubes. I usually keep the light fixtures, remove the ballasts cause I hate dealing with florescent ballasts every few years, then I just put in LED tubes in the same fixtures instead of florescent tubes.

I have done this as well, I just wish different manufacturers wood do it the same way ( live only one end or flow through).

Will

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

My charcoal barbeque came in so I went and picked it up. Brought it home and put it together. Then I drank beer, played my guitar and grilled up a steak.

Tough day.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That sounds like a pretty good day Jim. I’m sure you used some Bosch tools for the assembly? lol

My charcoal barbeque came in so I went and picked it up. Brought it home and put it together. Then I drank beer, played my guitar and grilled up a steak.

Tough day.

Oh yeah, a real tough day! Good for you!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My charcoal barbeque came in so I went and picked it up.

Nice for a relaxing day for a change. Nothing like a new grill.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@roninohio hey Ron , how did that little job go yesterday for the neighbor , hope it all worked out ok.

I think I pulled another muscle in the rib chest area , friggin sore as hell 😭

Finished trimmer lots of shrubs in the yard after work , I definitely need to pull out the Toro vacuum for the dead leafs and stuff

Got the job done Brian. It took much longer than it should have but with my health I was happy to get it done. I ran a 220 and a 110 line to his garage so he can charge his electric car at home.

Glad you got it done Ron ,
    I’m sure he’s happy , nice to see you again ,
    Just take it easy and take care of yourself Ron 🍻👊
    I’m still trying to remove that hair from my screen 😂🤣😂🤣

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

pull out the Toro vacuum for the dead leafs and stuff

You have a leaf vac? I am looking for a vac that will pick up seeds and cherry sized figs. Is it corded or cordless?

Yeah I bought it around 8 years ago from HD , it was on sale for 69 or 79 dollars , Toro vacuum and blower , I always use it for closing out the pool plumbing , and blowing out the clothes dryer vent , and the obvious thing sucking up the 🍀🌿 after winter , it is the model with the metal propeller , it has lots of power , I’ll try to get a picture later today when I get home ,

This is the one I bought

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/toro-ultra-240-mph-360-cfm-electric-12-amp-blower-vacuum-mulcher/1000818853

That is similar to the one I have. I don’t use mine much because it’s corded and I need a 100′ cord if I use it to vac up stuff around the house. The main issue is from May to July every year I have this ficus tree that drops fruits on the front deck and driveway. The figs are small, the size of a blue berry or about 1/2cm in diameter. They are difficult to clear off the deck, and so far I haven’t figured out a good way.

Initially in May when they first drop the figs can be blown around and swept into a dust pan. Then 2-3 weeks later for an entire month the figs become ripe and when they drop, they burst right on the driveway. My driveway is old Chicago bricks, so when they burst they stain the driveway. I can hardly use the driveway and walk the deck because I would have like ten figs on every square feet some are burst open some are not but when walked on will burst or when driven on. I can clear everything and 2 hours later it’s everywhere again. They can’t even be swept as the broom touch them they burst.

My leaf vac will pick them up but they will not get to the bag. They will be sucked up and when the power is cut, hundreds of them drop back down onto the ground. My neighbor has a gas powered Stihl vac and it does pick them up but I am trying hard not to go gas power.

@RonW hey Ron , not sure if this thread is breaking up , but I lost another post here 😭😭 , sorry for the bother Ron 👊🍻

Tough day.

Nice 👍 , what type of grill did you get ,
    Sounds like a great day Jim , sometimes you gotta just kick back and relax 🍻🎸

pull out the Toro vacuum for the dead leafs and stuff

You have a leaf vac? I am looking for a vac that will pick up seeds and cherry sized figs. Is it corded or cordless?

Yeah I bought it around 8 years ago from HD , it was on sale for 69 or 79 dollars , Toro vacuum and blower , I always use it for closing out the pool plumbing , and blowing out the clothes dryer vent , and the obvious thing sucking up the 🍀🌿 after winter , it is the model with the metal propeller , it has lots of power , I’ll try to get a picture later today when I get home ,

This is the one I bought

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/toro-ultra-240-mph-360-cfm-electric-12-amp-blower-vacuum-mulcher/1000818853

That is similar to the one I have. I don’t use mine much because it’s corded and I need a 100′ cord if I use it to vac up stuff around the house. The main issue is from May to July every year I have this ficus tree that drops fruits on the front deck and driveway. The figs are small, the size of a blue berry or about 1/2cm in diameter. They are difficult to clear off the deck, and so far I haven’t figured out a good way.

Initially in May when they first drop the figs can be blown around and swept into a dust pan. Then 2-3 weeks later for an entire month the figs become ripe and when they drop, they burst right on the driveway. My driveway is old Chicago bricks, so when they burst they stain the driveway. I can hardly use the driveway and walk the deck because I would have like ten figs on every square feet some are burst open some are not but when walked on will burst or when driven on. I can clear everything and 2 hours later it’s everywhere again. They can’t even be swept as the broom touch them they burst.

My leaf vac will pick them up but they will not get to the bag. They will be sucked up and when the power is cut, hundreds of them drop back down onto the ground. My neighbor has a gas powered Stihl vac and it does pick them up but I am trying hard not to go gas power.

Yeah I know what you mean , I also have a 100 foot cord , it’s annoying for sure ,
    Sounds like you definitely have more work than I have just with leaves and stuff , sure sounds like it’s a lot of work ,
    I only have one crab apple tree , those little apples are a pain , but nothing like what you are going through ,
    I know what you mean , I too definitely don’t want any gas powered tools for yard work

Good luck with that ,
    I know I was thinking about that Ryobi devour last year , but I think they stopped making it , unfortunately I don’t think it would be a good idea for you , especially since those little fruit burst up /open ,

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

RonW hey Ron , not sure if this thread is breaking up , but I lost another post here 😭😭 , sorry for the bother Ron 👊🍻

Not sure if it’s breaking or not. Wonder if your having problems with your post needing approval that have multiple quotes and smileys in them?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I’m sure you used some Bosch tools for the assembly? lol

Yes. The 12V driver…lol.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

what type of grill did you get

It’s named Master Chef. Cheap charcoal one from Canadian Tire online. Not over built at all…lol. Inexpensive sheet metal, but barrel style ones are pretty pricey to get a good one now.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Tough day.

Putting the BBQ together might have been the toughest part. As some instructions can be pretty difficult to read.

Greg

what type of grill did you get

It’s named Master Chef. Cheap charcoal one from Canadian Tire online. Not over built at all…lol. Inexpensive sheet metal, but barrel style ones are pretty pricey to get a good one now.

As long as you like it , that’s all that counts , and if it was less expensive than some other ones , that’s even better

Viewing 20 posts - 1,941 through 1,960 (of 2,498 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.481 seconds