dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,881 through 1,900 (of 2,498 total)
  • Author

it probably hasn’t had any TLC in a very long time ,

Any house just needs the proper maintenance

You would have thought it would have the proper maintenance considering it was a church. It might just be the people doing the work.

Haha yeah that doesn’t necessarily mean anything ,
    It could be both , the owners not willing to pay for the proper maintenance or qualified workers , and like you said , maybe the people working on it really didn’t have the experience 🤷‍♂️

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Took all the wood handled tools out of the shed, shovels, rakes, axes, etc. and gave them all a light sanding with 120 grit and a fresh coat of BLO on them. Yearly ritual and I really need a couple of light days to recover.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yearly ritual and I really need a couple of light days to recover.

Yeah you’ve been doing a lot since the weather warmed up. Hope you have a couple of easy days.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

With my Grandson around, I need to add a rail to my deck with gates, that I never did when I built it as it is low off the ground, but a toddler needs to be fenced in – the cedar was more expensive than the entire deck build – sheesh …

Will

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

With my Grandson around, I need to add a rail to my deck with gates, that I never did when I built it as it is low off the ground, but a toddler needs to be fenced in – the cedar was more expensive than the entire deck build – sheesh …

lumber is really high now. I was at menards and a reg 8′ 2×4 was $12 !

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

lumber is really high now. I was at menards and a reg 8′ 2×4 was $12 !

Same price here.
    CAD$

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I also spent the last two days excavating, except it was by accident I think I found a septic tank that’s been abandoned in 2005. Now that I found it I am wondering if I should cover it back up or collapse it. It’s hollow inside and I don’t think the bottom has been broken.

Jim may be I can borrow your dozer for a day?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Jim may be I can borrow your dozer for a day?

Sure….it’s at the rental shop…lol.

I had to take another easy day. Maybe a few more coming up too. Knees and legs are killing me. I did clean the inside of the cab of the truck though. First time since I bought it and I told the dealer not to bother cleaning it either, so it took a long time. Looks and smells a lot better. I love the smell of Mother’s Protectant. It reminds me of the cherry scent they put in alcohol for the fuel for race cars.

Inspector comes tomorrow to look over the septic job. If he OK’s the guys plan they will start on it in the afternoon. Going to be about $15k for the job….yikes!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Going to be about $15k for the job….yikes!

Yep septic system repairs are always expensive. Hopefully some of that will go back to the owner for non-disclosure at time of sale.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Going to be about $15k for the job….yikes!

Yep septic system repairs are always expensive. Hopefully some of that will go back to the owner for non-disclosure at time of sale.

I think it will be exceedingly difficult to prove it was a “non-disclosure”.

If there is a defect the seller is not aware of, they are not liable after the sale, the buyer have the opportunity to do their due diligence via inspection, and of course most home inspections are general quick look over which will not catch issues more than skin deep.

Not sure if at the time of the sale electricity and water were turned off, if so it might have prevented testing of the systems. This is typical in foreclosure homes where previous owners had their utilities cut due to non payment and the banks taking over would have you sign hold harmless as is addendum saying you are taking a risk and they have no idea of the conditions.

The only times I have seen a buyer able to prove non-disclosure of known defect is when the buyer calls a pro in for repairs like a plumber and the plumber happens to be the same one the seller had called a year prior and the plumber said “oh yeah I remember this house I was here last year serious issue I gave them a quote of $20000 and never heard from them and looks like they decided to sell…” That, is the smoking gun one needs.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Health inspector showed up today. Approved the design of the new system. Got the permit paid for, old tank scheduled to be pumped. Digging starts tomorrow for the new system.

Dang it , beautiful day here and we just lost power 🤷‍♂️
    Good thing I have a few bosch lights ,
    I’m definitely going to be ordering the Ego Nexus power station ,
    That plus maybe a few other lights 🤷‍♂️

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Took all the wood handled tools out of the shed, shovels, rakes, axes, etc. and gave them all a light sanding with 120 grit and a fresh coat of BLO on them. Yearly ritual and I really need a couple of light days to recover.

This a job I need to do. I think of it every time I grab a shovel or rake. Once I get caught up on my jobs I will tackle this job.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Health inspector showed up today. Approved the design of the new system. Got the permit paid for, old tank scheduled to be pumped. Digging starts tomorrow for the new system.

This is great you are getting this job dealt with right away. Hope all goes well for you.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

We have been getting quotes on installing a new furnace and central air this week. It has been a interesting experience. We have a few questions to ask the the first contractor before make our decision. One guy wouldn’t give us a written estimate after he found we were having more quotes.

Greg

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Taking care of the tools… that will come back paid in spades for sure.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Digging starts tomorrow for the new system.

Sounds great JDO. Hope it gets installed fast.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Good luck with the new system.

Are you abandoning the existing tank and starting a new one at a different location or are you pulling out the old one and putting in a new one?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Are you abandoning the existing tank and starting a new one

Yup, all new. 14′ long tank a distribution box and 5 new runs of infiltrator. The old system will be collapsed and filled.

I got the truck washed and waxed today. Even did a $10 engine detail. Sprayed it all down with tire foam that doesn’t need rinsing off.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I got the truck washed and waxed today. Even did a $10 engine detail. Sprayed it all down with tire foam that doesn’t need rinsing off.

Yep the $10 tire foam trick works. Glad you got the truck all shined up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 1,881 through 1,900 (of 2,498 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.770 seconds