dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,841 through 1,860 (of 2,498 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I don’t know how it is in Canada,

Me either, that’s why I called the lawyer…lol. Not one of my skill sets.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Digging update. Hole gets bigger.

I started digging the other side of the tank today. Dug down until I foune the discharge pipe. Followed that until I found another item. I thought it was the distribution box. When I got to it water started coming out the top of it. So everything works up to there.

Called a qualified guy who is a neighbour to come look at it. Seems I didn’t find the distribution box, but a secondary tank (so it was a commercial grade system they originally put in). I thought it was a bit large for a distribution box. Anyway, everything is still working as it should up to that point.

I still have to find the distribution box. Which means more digging. I’m calling up the rent-all place and going to rent a mini excavator I guess. My arms and shoulders are telling me “that’s enough” to this shovelling thing…lol.

If we are really lucky, the pipe to the distribution box is collapsed and it’s as simple as replacing it. Worst case now is the weeping bed has to be replaced.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Digging update. Hole gets bigger.

LOL really liked the update. Hope you find the problem and it is an easy fix.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

really liked the update

The weird thing about holes is….the more you take away from them, the bigger they get.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Took out 3 stumps in the yard as practice for digging the septic system tomorrow. It’s harder than they show on the internet. I haven’t got it down yet. Moving more than 1 function at a time is pretty hard. They all seem to move at a different speed…lol.

Attachments:

Took out 3 stumps in the yard as practice for digging the septic system tomorrow. It’s harder than they show on the internet. I haven’t got it down yet. Moving more than 1 function at a time is pretty hard. They all seem to move at a different speed…lol.

Haha yeah , I remember my days as a forklift operator , it looks easy until you are actually using the machines ,
    Especially being in the manufacturing side using the forklift , much different than just loading and unloading , definitely not saying it’s easy unloading and loading , just different usage of the forklift

Just finished up trimming plenty of shrubs and trees in the backyard , looking much better , tomorrow , I’ll take out the Toro vacuum for cleaning up

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

This is a good idea to get feel for the machine. They can be a little hard to get on. It can be very difficult moving more then one function at the same time.
    Is it the same brand of machine your watching on the internet? Some machines have Cat controls and others have John Deere controls. Or at least they did a few years ago.
    I went to Heavy Equipment school not to far from where you are for 5 weeks.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Is it the same brand of machine your watching on the internet?

The controls are the standard that most use. Left hand swivels the machine with side to side and the mast goes fore and aft with the same motion on the stick. Right hand curls side to side and booms in and out with fore and aft on that stick. Seperate control for the blade. Foot control to swing the boom. Just use the 2 hand joysticks for the most part.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

It’s just a matter of practice. Once you get the controls and motion ranges figured out you will do fine.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It’s just a matter of practice. Once you get the controls and motion ranges figured out you will do fine.

True enough. Should be alright doing what your doing.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

The controls are the standard that most use. Left hand swivels the machine with side to side and the mast goes fore and aft with the same motion on the stick. Right hand curls side to side and booms in and out with fore and aft on that stick. Seperate control for the blade. Foot control to swing the boom. Just use the 2 hand joysticks for the most part.

From what you describe it sounds like it has Cat controls. Which is the most common. Alot operators struggle using John Deere controls after using Cat controls for years. I know some Case backhoes have a button where you can use choose what controls you want to use. I thought the foot pedals were just drive the machine forward or reverse? Usually the blade is on different lever.

Greg

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

From what you describe it sounds like it has Cat controls. Which is the most common. Alot operators struggle using John Deere controls after using Cat controls for years. I know some Case backhoes have a button where you can use choose what controls you want to use. I thought the foot pedals were just drive the machine forward or reverse? Usually the blade is on different lever.

So true, I have a mini and it originally had Deere controls. I was renting it to an excavator and he did not have anyone who could operate the Deere controls. While many machines have a switch or lever to change from one to the other, mine did not. We ended up switching a couple of hoses to change it and have left it that way ever since. I think the Cat controls are more similar to the joystick controls in my skid loader to it is easier that way. right hand lifts boom and dumps bucket the same on both.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

From what you describe it sounds like it has Cat controls. Which is the most common.

Had my neighbour come over and take a look. Septics are one of the things he does. The second box is indeed a distribution box.

He looked at the excavator and says those are Deere controls.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Today’s digging went a little better. I didn’t do a huge amount, but it was smoother going. I just took my time and thought through what I wanted the machine to do and gingerly got it to do it. Good thing I’m not getting paid by the hour…lol.

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Guess my previous reply disappeared.

Take your time and before you know it you’ll be running the machine on muscle memory. 3500hrs on a 262D skidsteer and I actually have to think if someone asks how to do something. I spend 8-10hrs a day in that machine ad run almost entirely on muscle memory.

Toays shop time was spent working on the belt grinder project and I also built a pull handle for a little wagon my mother bought used a few years back with a hitch to connect to a lawnmower.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Did you rent it for the weekend? How much is the rental?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Yes….$275/day.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Today’s digging went a little better. I didn’t do a huge amount, but it was smoother going. I just took my time and thought through what I wanted the machine to do and gingerly got it to do it. Good thing I’m not getting paid by the hour…lol.

Nice you are getting better, last thing you want to do is do any more damage.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes….$275/day.

That’s pretty good , I should think about it for my fence posts , would be easier than doing it manually

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

distribution box.

What is the distribution used for?

He looked at the excavator and says those are Deere controls.

Ok! I thought might be Cat controls. I did read that most of all the smaller excavators are Deere controls.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 1,841 through 1,860 (of 2,498 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.640 seconds