dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,821 through 1,840 (of 2,498 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

because this time that bridge that’s closed is the bigger one

What the heck is going on in Quebec and bridges the last few years? Been having a pretty long streak of bad luck with them.

I didn’t quite kill myself doing the windows today, so I mowed about 1/2 acre of lawn with a push mower….with a big hill…uphill…both ways.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

because this time that bridge that’s closed is the bigger one

What the heck is going on in Quebec and bridges the last few years? Been having a pretty long streak of bad luck with them.

I didn’t quite kill myself doing the windows today, so I mowed about 1/2 acre of lawn with a push mower….with a big hill…uphill…both ways.

LoL yey , I think they prefer to spend money on stupid language issues than on silly things like the safety of bridge’s lol

Oof that’s a decent amount of grass Jim , hope you were okay

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Another busy day here. Finished up the gravel in the driveway. Removed the poles and braces from the trellises that was for the grape vines. Removed the concrete from the base of the poles.

Put up birdhouse my daughter made me for Father’s Day a few years ago.

Do you have kids? Did they pick up the posts with concrete at the end and start a fight like midevial times lol?

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Another busy day here. Finished up the gravel in the driveway. Removed the poles and braces from the trellises that was for the grape vines. Removed the concrete from the base of the poles.

Put up birdhouse my daughter made me for Father’s Day a few years ago.

Do you have kids? Did they pick up the posts with concrete at the end and start did a fight like midevial times lol?

Yes I have kids. No they pick up the post to start a fight. Not sure they could lift them.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Put the drive pulley back on my bandsaw today. Had file the key alittle to get to fit in the key. Replaced the tyres on wheels. Install a new blade. Gave it a test to see if everything is ok.
    Threw together a bench for the workshop.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

looks like you repurposed a kitchen counter for the bench top. Good idea.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

looks like you repurposed a kitchen counter for the bench top. Good idea.

Thanks! Yes I did repurpose a old countertop.

Greg

Some pictures of my week+ work … I had help on the start day – Saturday- then the others had to leave 🙁

Will

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I started a job at the top today.

Unfortunately it was the end of a shovel….and the more I dug the worse the news got.

I started by looking for the pipe that comes through the wall for the drain to the septic to try and see why there was water coming in there. Found the pipe and everything looked OK there…kept digging….

Uncovered the septic tank. Wife was doing laundry as I was and when it drained the water came up through where I was digging. I uncovered just about the whole tank and both sides are totally full. Seems it’s not draining out to the weeping bed from there, or it’s very slow, not sure. I guess I keep digging to figure this one out.

My arm hurts, I’m too old for this crap…lol.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Doesn’t fun being at the top?

Unfortunately it was the end of a shovel….and the more I dug the worse the news got.

I started by looking for the pipe that comes through the wall for the drain to the septic to try and see why there was water coming in there. Found the pipe and everything looked OK there…kept digging….

Uncovered the septic tank. Wife was doing laundry as I was and when it drained the water came up through where I was digging. I uncovered just about the whole tank and both sides are totally full. Seems it’s not draining out to the weeping bed from there, or it’s very slow, not sure. I guess I keep digging to figure this one out.

Doesn’t sound like they pumped the tank before the deal closed. It does sound weeping bed is working properly or you have a broken connection.
    Sounds like you could have used a mini excavator for this job.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Doesn’t sound like they pumped the tank before the deal closed

The tank was dry when we moved in. The water had been shut off for 4 years before we bought it. There is only about a 6″ hole in the top of it but I hope to be able to get some sort of rod down there and hope it’s just something at the outlet inside the tank. Otherwise, I think it gets more expensive.

I also sent an email off to our lawyer who handled the sale to see if there are legal options available….just in case. I will contact the sellers first and see if they want to come to some sort of agreement if I do have a case to save them the extra costs of dealing with lawyers and such.

Some pictures of my week+ work … I had help on the start day – Saturday- then the others had to leave 🙁

Wow looks great 👌👍 what style /type of floor is that , that’s a pretty good view the last picture of the water 👌

Oh man , that’s a shitty job 🤷‍♂️ no pun intended lol
    I hope you can figure it out , and I hope it doesn’t cost alot either 🤞

😡🤯
    We got an email yesterday from the school , because of the state of the bridge , they decided to close the school for the last few weeks , today I had to leave work early because my daughter had a teams class meeting , just found out that they are continuing school 🤷‍♂️🤯
    And apparently the bridge will be open 1 lane each direction starting Monday , then in about a week later , they will open two lanes for traffic hours one way , and one lane the other way against traffic , and hopefully by the june 21st they said it should be re open wtf from an emergency shut down to opening up by the end of June , apparently it has something to do with the expansion joints cushion 🤷‍♂️

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

The tank was dry when we moved in. The water had been shut off for 4 years before we bought it

Oh really. This doesn’t sound good. I wonder if you even have VA weeping bed. Maybe it is just holding tank.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Doesn’t sound like they pumped the tank before the deal closed

The tank was dry when we moved in. The water had been shut off for 4 years before we bought it. There is only about a 6″ hole in the top of it but I hope to be able to get some sort of rod down there and hope it’s just something at the outlet inside the tank. Otherwise, I think it gets more expensive.

I also sent an email off to our lawyer who handled the sale to see if there are legal options available….just in case. I will contact the sellers first and see if they want to come to some sort of agreement if I do have a case to save them the extra costs of dealing with lawyers and such.

Did they disclose the condition of the plumbing system?

Usually if they are not aware of an issue they are not liable. To prove that they are aware is usually very difficult.

It’s always a pain dealing with past owners’ “DIY” work, most of the time it’s far from best practices.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Did they disclose the condition of the plumbing system?

Usually if they are not aware of an issue they are not liable. To prove that they are aware is usually very difficult.

Septic inspection was part of the conditions of sale. I have the lawyer looking into the contract and we’ll see what he says.

That was clearance rack vinyl flooring 🙂

Will

That was clearance rack vinyl flooring 🙂

Thanks , looks great 👍

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Septic inspection was part of the conditions of sale. I have the lawyer looking into the contract and we’ll see what he says.

If you have a septic inspection clause in your sales contract, I don’t know how it is in Canada, but in the US an inspection is a due diligence the buyer acts on before the sale is final. In other words you have the right to hire someone to inspect the system within N days and if there is any issue, you must then contact the seller and say here is the inspection report of X and it shows an issue which cost Y dollars, I intend to back out of the contract unless you give some consideration (price reduction, fix it before closing). If you didn’t do any inspection, or did it but it looks fine but six months later it’s not fine, then the beef is with the inspection company and not the past owners. Inspection companies usually have so many fineprint in their service contracts so they are not liable to anything they inspect unless it’s “visually evident and gross negligence”. Did they ever open up the septic tank to look?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,821 through 1,840 (of 2,498 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.764 seconds