dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,801 through 1,820 (of 2,534 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Got the window frame finished up today. All 10 feet of it. Just finished putting a coat of BLO on it. Not sure if I will put a second one on, but it will be ready to install soon. It’s a pretty awkward piece at that length but will go up all in one piece.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Done! Took a bit of time, a lot of cedar and was awkward at over 10′ long, but the trim is up on the windows I built.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Done! Took a bit of time, a lot of cedar and was awkward at over 10′ long, but the trim is up on the windows I built.

JDO, those came out very nice. Good job.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks really nice 👌

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Looks really nice Jim!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Busy day here yesterday. I moved and leveled 4 yards of gravel by hand. Removed the topsoil from the flower beds at the side of house next to the driveway. Took the topsoil from the flower beds and put in the flowerbed at the front of the house. Put some topsoil in low spots around the house. Then put some gravel in flower beds. Where I removed the topsoil. The remaining gravel was spread on the driveway. I can say I didn’t have trouble sleeping last night.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I just love fixing the mistakes of a so called “professional”. The firring strips don’t line up, the windows aren’t put in to the framing, nails left from removing the old ones, and where is the spray foam around the windows?

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I just love fixing the mistakes of a so called “professional”. The firring strips don’t line up, the windows aren’t put in to the framing, nails left from removing the old ones, and where is the spray foam around the windows?

That’s too bad Jim. Very disappointing that job s done very good.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

That’s too bad Jim.

Oh it gets worse. I got 2 windows done then moved to the 3rd. He installed an extra 2×4 over the top and some plywood on the sides. They were framed in a totally different location so I had to remove the window, remove the components he put it….with 18 ga nails and you could see daylight between it and the original framing….and reinstall it in the proper location. They were cut a bit short too with nothing filling the gaps. So, I caulked the heck out of it to seal it against the framing before I put it up and then sealed the ends too. Going to have to get farther along before I foam them in so I don’t waste it. The foam he put in was the least amount he could get away with. The original ’60’s glass on glass sliders were probably better sealed.

Wow that’s too bad , this is the guy who just replaced the windows recently ? Or was it prior to the guy you hired

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

this is the guy who just replaced the windows recently ?

This is that guy. The same guy I had do the metal roof and he never finished it. Glad I didn’t pay for the whole job. It’s also the same guy I told I have several big jobs that I can’t do myself so I would have to hire someone. He won’t be back. He’s lost on a lot of work from me planned over the years.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I just love fixing the mistakes of a so called “professional”.

Wow too bad it didn’t work out. Guess if you want it done right you’ll have to do it yourself.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

this is the guy who just replaced the windows recently ?

This is that guy. The same guy I had do the metal roof and he never finished it. Glad I didn’t pay for the whole job. It’s also the same guy I told I have several big jobs that I can’t do myself so I would have to hire someone. He won’t be back. He’s lost on a lot of work from me planned over the years.

Oh , that’s to bad , it’s unfortunate that he’s doing crappy work like that , like you said , his loss , I can just imagine some of the other people who don’t have the capability and tools like yourself that he’s doing or done work for 🤷‍♂️
    Hard to believe that he’s still has people calling on him

What a past few days it’s been in our community , last week , they shut down the bigger of the two bridges here , traffic has been terrible ,
    They have found huge cracks in the structure , making it unsafe and shut it down permanently 🤷‍♂️😲
    Then apparently they were driving around with a city truck telling people to stop drinking the tap water , they found higher than normal levels of 💩
    And yesterday , they told us that a bear has escaped the local zoo and was on the loose , 🤷‍♂️😲🤯
    Like Austin powers would have said
    Fook Mei lol
    Oh well , guess it could have been worse lol
    Oh yeah , and so far it’s just my wife that’s feeling bad , I guess it was to late , the water has already started affecting her system , she’s got an upset stomach and the D word ,

https://globalnews.ca/news/7887800/bear-spotted-montreal-dorval/amp/

This is this morning , guess it was moving pretty quickly
    Yesterday it was in our area

For the past 10 days I have been at my Wife’s family’s camp on a river with no internet access doing renovations, including work outside my skillset / comfort zone … I will try and post some pictures of the various projects which included: plumbing (40ft of pex replacing broken copper), removing the entire water damaged floor (~640 ft2) a new floor (5/8 t&g), cushion floor and all things required to accomplish those items).

Will

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s too bad Jim.

Oh it gets worse. I got 2 windows done then moved to the 3rd. He installed an extra 2×4 over the top and some plywood on the sides. They were framed in a totally different location so I had to remove the window, remove the components he put it….with 18 ga nails and you could see daylight between it and the original framing….and reinstall it in the proper location. They were cut a bit short too with nothing filling the gaps. So, I caulked the heck out of it to seal it against the framing before I put it up and then sealed the ends too. Going to have to get farther along before I foam them in so I don’t waste it. The foam he put in was the least amount he could get away with. The original ’60’s glass on glass sliders were probably better sealed.

Wow I can’t believe that is the kind of work this guy does. It looks like you have your work cut out for you to do the rest of your windows.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Another busy day here. Finished up the gravel in the driveway. Removed the poles and braces from the trellises that was for the grape vines. Removed the concrete from the base of the poles.
    Put up birdhouse my daughter made me for Father’s Day a few years ago.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Finished up with the 5 windows that face the street. They ought to be air tight now.

Taking out 5 windows, fixing around them, and then putting them back properly, that counts as doing 10 windows in 2 days right?…lol.

8 more to do, but I am going to get the 5 trimmed out on the outside before we move on the rest of them. At least the street side will look presentable then.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

they shut down the bigger of the two bridges here , traffic has been terrible ,

You’re doomed.
    Traffic will be so bad in your neck of the woods that you’d wish you had a job that required home working.

they shut down the bigger of the two bridges here , traffic has been terrible ,

You’re doomed.

Traffic will be so bad in your neck of the woods that you’d wish you had a job that required home working.

Haha yeah , that’s already happened a few years ago , remember in both years 2017 and 19 we had the floods , well they closed one bridge , and it was crazy , I leave home at 5:45 and believe it or not , I got to work at 8:30 🤯🤯
    Similar again , but slightly worse because this time that bridge that’s closed is the bigger one 😭😭😭 , unfortunately I can’t work from home ,
    Not sure what’s going to happen , that plus the water advisory and this covid19 stuff , I think I might go crazy 😡😡🤷‍♂️
    Then they just announced that our daughter’s school is closed tomorrow , and might have to do schooling over the internet , I can’t work from home , and neither can my wife , wtf

Viewing 20 posts - 1,801 through 1,820 (of 2,534 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.144 seconds