dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,761 through 1,780 (of 2,534 total)
  • Author

I also bought some Wago 221 connectors for a small electrical modification to my shop extension, anyone ever use them?

Will

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I also bought some Wago 221 connectors for a small electrical modification to my shop extension, anyone ever use them?

Yes. I started using the multiport connectors (non levered) a few years back, but find them not too useful when the wiring is a mix of solid and stranded. The newer levered connectors from WAGO is great.

The only thing is there are many knock offs that’s not approved. Need to be very careful when placing orders online. WAGO made in USA is good, WAGO style from China or Malaysia, not so good lol.

I wish they made a four port connector though.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

WAGO made in USA is good, WAGO style from China or Malaysia, not so good lol.

Good point to remember.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Beauty day today. Spent most of it in the overgrown back yard cleaning it up. Got a pretty good section done now. The 18V recip saw was handy. Also had the chainsaw and loppers out along with 2 different rakes and a shovel. You can actually walk through there now. We are leaving most of the trees, just taking out the dead stuff, scrub and undergrowth.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The 18V recip saw was handy.

I have used my Bosch 18V recip saw for a bunch of trimming jobs in the yard, trees, bushes, whatever. I just use the limb cutting blade and no problem.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

The 18V recip saw was handy.

I have used my Bosch 18V recip saw for a bunch of trimming jobs in the yard, trees, bushes, whatever. I just use the limb cutting blade and no problem.

Just used my 18v Bosch recip on Wednesday to cut up some dead branches that came off a tree that’s partially on one of my properties

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Another nice day of yard work. Got all the dogwood(?) cleaned out. Not sure if that’s what it is. Red bushes with roots that go on for miles under the ground and pop up with new plants.

Anyway, we completed the area that we wanted to get done and it’s like a park there now. You can walk through a nicely treed area that has all been raked up. Still have a bunch of stumps to take out but that can wait.

Going to start measuring the windows for the trim outdoors tomorrow. Hardware store had Thompson’s water seal on sale, so that is what I am going to use on the cedar trim.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Beauty day today. Spent most of it in the overgrown back yard cleaning it up. Got a pretty good section done now. The 18V recip saw was handy. Also had the chainsaw and loppers out along with 2 different rakes and a shovel. You can actually walk through there now. We are leaving most of the trees, just taking out the dead stuff, scrub and undergrowth.

Do you use a pruning blade for your recip saw? I have one for my recip saw. I haven’t used it alot.
    Sounds like you just need a couple park benches now.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

This week has been very busy for me. On Sunday I rented a U-Haul trailer to bring my woodworking machines from my old shop to my new shop. While I was moving the machines out we had the sewer back up. We stopped to deal with that problem for while. Tried to get a plumber to come look at it. Not many plumbers work on Sunday. Wifey did get hold plumber I know and he came looked on Tuesday. As there did seem to be blockage in the sewer line. When the the plumber came they snaked it out and also ran a camera down the sewer line. After several attempts they got the blockage cleared. They started digging up the ground where the blockage. He thought they might have replace the pipe. The other day I had go back to the rental property and fill in the hole. As he thought if I filled the hole in it would save me some money. It didn’t take too long.

I restacked my 1x10x10 pine lumber. I put stickers between the layers to help it dry.

Edit: added pictures

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Do you use a pruning blade for your recip saw?

Looks like it may be. The label is all worn off of my blades so I just look at them and guess…lol.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Do you use a pruning blade for your recip saw?

Looks like it may be. The label is all worn off of my blades so I just look at them and guess…lol.

The labels don’t stay on to long if you use them.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Red bushes with roots that go on for miles under the ground and pop up with new plants.

I don’t what they are called either but they are a pain, you yank and pull think you have them all then they pop up again. The only I know to get rid of them is to keep pulling up the roots. If you use a defoliant on the leaves that plant will die but a new shoot off the root springs up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

A section of the back yard is looking much better though. You could not walk through it before.

Attachments:
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

A section of the back yard is looking much better though. You could not walk through it before.

Looks pretty good. How big is your property?

Greg

Finally finished putting everything up on the gazebo and new patio furniture , now I just have tons of yard work for today lol

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

How big is your property?

Not sure, a couple of acres maybe. I know it compromises of multiple (8 to 12) lots plus a road allowance where the road never went in and the church bought it before they sold it to us.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Finally finished putting everything up on the gazebo and new patio furniture , now I just have tons of yard work for today lol

Man that came out looking very nice. What kind of wood is that?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Man that came out looking very nice. What kind of wood is that?

Thank you Bill , believe it or not , it’s metal , my wife and I can’t believe how much of a match it is with the fence ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

believe it or not , it’s metal ,

Metal, man I never would of guessed that. Wow that really looks nice and will last a long time too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

believe it or not , it’s metal ,

Metal, man I never would of guessed that. Wow that really looks nice and will last a long time too.

Yeah thanks again Bill , we hope so , the other one that the previous owners Left was probably about 14 years old , the posts at the bottom finally rusted out , that plus those canvas tops only seems to last only about 3 years , the sun is extremely hard on them , and around 350 bucks , we would have been buying a fourth top this year , figured we’d try something else for hopefully about a decade
    I really like the wooden cedar ones that they have at Costco , but always out of stock for the size we want 12×14 or actually wanted the 12×16 , oh well , hopefully it lasts a while 🤞

Viewing 20 posts - 1,761 through 1,780 (of 2,534 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.048 seconds