dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,701 through 1,720 (of 2,559 total)
  • Author

So more of a funny story today, I got to work and I usually take a thermos of coffee to fill up my camelbak mug throughout the day … today my thermos rattled, but I needed the coffee so I went with it. Come to find out when my wife filled my thermos my grandson helped … by adding rock and a key chain, oh well.

Will

So more of a funny story today, I got to work and I usually take a thermos of coffee to fill up my camelbak mug throughout the day … today my thermos rattled, but I needed the coffee so I went with it. Come to find out when my wife filled my thermos my grandson helped … by adding rock and a key chain, oh well.

LoL , that’s funny ,

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

It’s all the rage now for cleaning the inside of a Thermos don’t ya know…. 🙂

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

my grandson helped … by adding rock and a key chain

That’s love right there.

I decided to take it a bit easier today. So I put a couple of shelves in our shower, then re fastened a piece of soffit, a bit of painting around the front door, about 5 trips to the dumpster with garbage then spent about 3 hours raking in the woods behind the house….yeah, easy day my foot.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

yeah, easy day my foot.

Not much of an easy day especially the raking. At least it keeps you busy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Got the footings dug on another home yesterday and worked on getting another one ready to close.

Door hardware, shelving, the last bit of exterior trim , hang the Microwave, a little touch up paint and other misc. odds and ends.

Today, the shower door and more wrap up and clean up.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Got most of the railings up on the deck last night.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

That’s really nice Ron , simple but solid , what is the height you put it at
    Will you be putting lights on the posts

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Looks great. Must be a happy place there.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Thanks Brian. Rails are at 36”. And yes going to put lights on the taller posts. They are at 42”.

Ron

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Looks great. Must be a happy place there.

Well momma is happy. So I suppose it’s a happy place. lol

Ron

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Still in the gutting faze at the office remodel I’m doing. Found the electric was not up to code so it became a little more work. Pulling all the wire has been time consuming. Most walls coming down. Trying to salvage what I can.

Ron

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Very nice railing! What are you going to use to seal/protect the wood?

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Thanks Brian. Rails are at 36”. And yes going to put lights on the taller posts. They are at 42”.

That’s going to be a nice touch with the lights , very nice and clean work Ron 👌
    We had those nice string lights up under the gazebo , but unfortunately those pesky squirrels were planning on building a city I guess lol
    Been finding the bulbs with the socket buried in the yard and gardens around the house , even the forest being our fence lol

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Very nice railing! What are you going to use to seal/protect the wood?

I like the Olympic sealers myself. But thinking the wife wants a solid color stain. And if that’s the case it will be Cabot. For solid colors I feel it works the best. But we have a little time before it’s ready for anything. Really wet lumber.

Ron

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Trying to salvage what I can.

You just wanted to show off that pile of 2x’s didn’t you? The same as other rich folks do it with fancy cars……lol.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW nice deck you did. Looks fantastic.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Still in the gutting faze at the office remodel I’m doing. Found the electric was not up to code so it became a little more work. Pulling all the wire has been time consuming. Most walls coming down. Trying to salvage what I can.

You have a small fortune in lumber and wire in that photo. Nowadays you try to save every bit of lumber that comes down so you can reuse. It really pays off.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

GTokley wrote:
    I am sure you and your wife are happy about this?

Yeah, pretty happy. They work different days as they are on different crews. We’re not going to get rich, but we never intended to, just offset some costs. We weren’t sure what we would do with the covid situation. We weren’t going to rely on tourism, so a sure thing for the season was nice to see happen. It’s our first time doing anything like this too.

That’s great! I know what you mean by offsetting cost and not getting rich. I am pretty much doing the same thing with rental property. With Covid you are providing a essential service.

I assume you saved those windows for this reason.

Yeah, that and my desire to keep anything I may find useful some day. You ought to see the cardboard boxes we have saved up…lol.

I am pretty much the same. I try save alot of things that can be reused. Yes I have save a few boxes too.
    Speaking of boxes I saw on FB Marketplace where a woman was selling used boxes and she people were buying them.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Trying to salvage what I can.

You just wanted to show off that pile of 2x’s didn’t you? The same as other rich folks do it with fancy cars……lol.

That’s right Jim. lmao

Ron

Viewing 20 posts - 1,701 through 1,720 (of 2,559 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.533 seconds