dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,641 through 1,660 (of 2,498 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I finish sanding the drywall I did and my wife started painting it.

Then I put on my electrician’s cap and took down the light we put in the foyer and replaced it with a barn type light. I installed another box the same distance from the door on the other side of the door, ran a wire to it, and put up a second light. Wife is happy with that one.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Have you heard the term “Calico Hickory”? That is what I want big time. Very hard to find around here.

The two stick’s I picked up the other day look pretty much exactly like that.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Got the gazebo up today , well most of it , just need the roof panels up , but couldn’t finish because of the wind , but I only started around 11:30 and stopped at 4 , if it’s not Windy tomorrow , I’ll definitely finish , unless it will rain , they are calling for rain tomorrow 🤷‍♂️ also I’ll take some pictures

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Have you heard the term “Calico Hickory”? That is what I want big time. Very hard to find around here.

I never heard of Calico Hickory, but after seeing the picture, it is very nice wood. Would make beautiful furniture.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

To bad your not a little closer Lon. Can get all you want here. Have build a few sets of cabinets with it.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

PI_Woodworker wrote:

To bad your not a little closer Lon. Can get all you want here. Have build a few sets of cabinets with it.

I will keep that info in mind Ron. Maybe time for a road trip sometime soon.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

A mixed bag of jobs for me yesterday. A trip back to the rental property. I had some a fence to repair. I did couple other odd jobs. I dug up our rhubarb plant and brought it to our new place to transplant. Gather up our decorative rocks from the rock gardens to bring to our new place. Once I got home I put the rocks in the flower beds with wifey’s approval.

Before dinner I worked on removing the rust from the table on my bandsaw. After reinstalling the blade and giving it a test run. I could hear a rattling noise. After opening the pulley guard door. I noticed that the key was missing from the key way and someone stuck a bolt in the key way. After removing the bolt and the pulley I noticed the set screw from the pulley was also missing. Now I will be on the hunt for missing items.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

One of those days.

I am trying to picture frame in the window in the last bedroom.
    Took some of the cedar and started milling it.
    Of course, I measured the window, so that gave me the short side of the miter.
    The first time I cut them too short. No problem, used the long pieces for the short ends and cut new pieces for the long sides.
    Cut them too short again.
    Shut it down, drinking coffee now. Brain has got the stupids today.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

One of those days.

I am trying to picture frame in the window in the last bedroom.

Took some of the cedar and started milling it.

Of course, I measured the window, so that gave me the short side of the miter.

The first time I cut them too short. No problem, used the long pieces for the short ends and cut new pieces for the long sides.

Cut them too short again.

Shut it down, drinking coffee now. Brain has got the stupids today.

I think you doing the right thing by drinking coffee. LOL!
    I have had those days with mitres.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Doing some work from the couch today. Doing some online shopping. Put a order into HD for some PT lumber & deck screws.. Put order in PA & Amazon for things for my new bandsaw.
    I am hoping to get order from HD today.

Greg

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Rushed around this morning to beat the weather. We had rain and snow coming. Got a couple doors to a site that the guys will need tomorrow and a few sheets of plywood. them had a little work to correct some drainage in a field with my Mini excavator. I got that moved to the next site and then sorted some rocks that my wife wants to use for landscaping.

With the snow and rain, now I hit the shop to spray lacquer on some railing parts for a project Tuesday.

Spray a little then hit the computer while it dries then back for another coat.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Finishing up the fishing rod racks for the grandsons today. Rod butts fit into recess’s in a board behind the name boards, rod shank will clip into 3D printed ‘clips’ that are still being printed at the moment.
    Will get another picture tomorrow after the clips are printed and the finish is applied. Oh, and the ‘Bass’ medalion that will go in the center of the upper crossboard.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Rushed around this morning to beat the weather. We had rain and snow coming. Got a couple doors to a site that the guys will need tomorrow and a few sheets of plywood. them had a little work to correct some drainage in a field with my Mini excavator. I got that moved to the next site and then sorted some rocks that my wife wants to use for landscaping.

With the snow and rain, now I hit the shop to spray lacquer on some railing parts for a project Tuesday.

Geeze Kurt talk about multi tasking lol
    I don’t like the word snow 😡
    Hopefully you guys don’t have to much or just raining ,
    Good luck with that

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Good luck with that

It did not turn out to much. lots of flakes, but not enough in total to wet the dirt to keep the dust down.

I wrapped up the day helping my wife with landscaping around our house. I moved to many large rocks, I am sore today.

I wrapped up the day helping my wife with landscaping around our house. I moved to many large rocks, I am sore today.

Been there and done that many times Kurt. Those rocks seem to keep getting heavier too.

Anyway, worked on gluing up a dozen cutting boards and finished sanding a natural edge slab for a coffee table top. Last project was putting finish on a burl for another stool project. It will be a close twin to the stool I recently completed and posted.

Finished the shelving unit, water based lacquer going on now, its funny how other priorities keep coming up …

Will

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Fixing the shower surround in the new bathroom. The adhesive let go on the corner piece. I am going to have to take the blame on that one. It must have not been clamped in tight enough when I installed it. That’s the only thing I can think of. Kind of hard to clamp to the wall with nothing to prop against. I am going to re glue it and put in some stainless screws this time.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Seems like you have alot on the go. The weather sure doesn’t help getting things done. We had snow last week one day. It started snowing overnight and snowed all day. By the end of the end day snow had melted off the ground.

Greg

Good luck with that

It did not turn out to much. lots of flakes, but not enough in total to wet the dirt to keep the dust down.

Glad you didn’t have the snow and bad weather
    LoL yeah , I found after 54 ish , and now that I turned 58 🤨🤯 definitely harder to recover lol
    A good drink and pain/anti inflammation meds lol

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Good luck with that

Glad you didn’t have the snow and bad weather

LoL yeah , I found after 54 ish , and now that I turned 58 🤨🤯 definitely harder to recover lol

A good drink and pain/anti inflammation meds lol

Yes, self medication with a Windsor Seven and relaxed the rest of the night.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,641 through 1,660 (of 2,498 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.530 seconds