dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,601 through 1,620 (of 2,489 total)
  • Author
    MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

In case the previous links that did not work are confusing things, here is the working link for the hidden drawer bedside tables:

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe loading=”lazy” title=”bedside tables with storage compartment.” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/7EWAhxdAZik?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>

Wow they look great. Nice work. Nice feature with twist lock mechanism. I can’t I have saw this before.

Thanks much.

I have seen a number of lock mechanisms, I wanted this one to be cheap and easily replaced if broken (which would take some work as it turns out).

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

In case the previous links that did not work are confusing things, here is the working link for the hidden drawer bedside tables:

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe loading=”lazy” title=”bedside tables with storage compartment.” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/7EWAhxdAZik?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>

Wow they look great. Nice work. Nice feature with twist lock mechanism. I can’t I have saw this before.

Thanks much.

I have seen a number of lock mechanisms, I wanted this one to be cheap and easily replaced if broken (which would take some work as it turns out).

Your welcome! Thanks for posting. This gives ideas for future projects.
    A I am sure it was easy to install that locking mechanism.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

@GTokley Yes. I think it’s about all he cuts.

Oh really that’s too bad Jim. It would have been nice if he sawed other species of wood.

Greg

Bought a new gazebo for the backyard , the other one is about 16 years old , the bottom plates are kinda rusty and not very sturdy anymore , that and besides the fact that we use to have to replace the cover every 3 years , and at 325 , decided to buy a new one ,

Now I have to take apart the older one and I’m sure once I put it to the curb it will be picked up quickly

What no picture. I guess it didn’t happen. Isn’t this what they say?

Those gazebo’s with covers are a pita. Every 2 or 3 years we would buy a new gazebo. Are last gazebo had the plastic type panels. We had it for over 5 years with no issues. I decided not to take it now and move it too our a new home. I sold it too our new tenant. If we decide go with another gazebo I will just build one.

Yeah I guess so 🤷‍♂️ here you go

I will pick it up tomorrow , and depending on the weather , i might start assembling it

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I will pick it up tomorrow , and depending on the weather , i might start assembling it

That looks like a pretty nice gazebo. Looks it might take awhile to assemble it 🤷‍♂️.

Greg

That looks like a pretty nice gazebo. Looks it might take awhile to assemble it 🤷‍♂️.

Thanks , that’s what I’m thinking , especially since I’ll be most likely alone lol

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Yesterday I cut to size the laminations I made up for the tops of the night tables. I stuck them to the tops of the units with some PL Premium and weighted them to clamp them in place. I did cut them a bit oversize, so today I can run around the perimeter with a router and flush cut bit. Then I can put the edge pieces on.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Thanks , that’s what I’m thinking , especially since I’ll be most likely alone lol

Working alone can be a real pita while working a gazebo. If I remember correctly it too 3 of us to put up are last one. One of the main reason I didn’t take it down and bring it too our new place.

Greg

Working alone can be a real pita while working a gazebo. If I remember correctly it too 3 of us to put up are last one. One of the main reason I didn’t take it down and bring it too our new place.

Yeah I know , just came back from the store with the gazebo , now I have to remove the old one , I just saw a guy who picks up the metal , I told him I’ll call him later today when it’s ready to pick up.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I got the tops done on the night tables and even a coat of BLO on them. They just need a couple coats of poly now.

I also gave in to my OCD and restacked the cedar. Long ones on the bottom, stickers lined up pretty nice. Looks much better and neater now.

Attachments:
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I also gave in to my OCD and restacked the cedar. Long ones on the bottom, stickers lined up pretty nice. Looks much better and neater now.

LOL!! I have agree it does look much neater. I bet it still smells the same in there.

Greg

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

but you know you will need the bottom stack first! ha ha

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

That’s the way it works around my shop. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Hahaha yeah , that’s usually what happens with my luck lol

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I cut up this stack of trim a couple weeks ago, for a house we are doing. I finally got back to get it sanded prepped for the job site.

I cut a bunch extra, about enough for another house and a half as we have tow more just like the one we are doing coming up

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

a couple photo’s of a porch we completed recently.

Dang! What a room. Just gorgeous. The view ought to be of a lake or woods or something.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

a couple photo’s of a porch we completed recently.

Dang! What a room. Just gorgeous. The view ought to be of a lake or woods or something.

Unfortunately it is just a normal backyard and houses behind. Kind of a waste of a great room

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I must say JDO that is a nice pile of lumber, but according to Murphy the first piece you will need will be a long one.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I also thought I would post a couple photo’s of a porch we completed recently.

Wow beautiful work Kurt , I bet they will need that A/C on hot days with all those windows , love that fireplace ,
    Did you add the a/c because the main house a/c might not be able to handle the extra load , or just because it will be easier to regulate the temperature with the small unit aside from that one of the house , I’m assuming the house already has a heat pump a/c unit

Viewing 20 posts - 1,601 through 1,620 (of 2,489 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.216 seconds