dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,541 through 1,560 (of 1,924 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

We have hung out our shingle, as my mom would say.

I have heard alot of sayings. But I never heard this one before. Always nice to heard old time says.

It’s not really a “business” name, we don’t really have one of those.

Sign looks good and I it would work fine for a business name. Good luck on your new venture. I am sure you will do well.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Another busy day around here. Taking full advantage being off work. Speaking of work I am allowed to go back work on Tuesday of next week.

Went back to the rental property and clean out one of the sheds. I also brought the bikes home. The girls have been bugging me to get them home. Once I got home they wanted to start riding them. I had put air in all the tires so they could ride there bikes. Then I unload all the stuff I brought home and put it away.

I also found a deal on 2x4x10 rough sawn pine. They are still green as they have only been sawed for a few weeks. I paid $5.80 each for them. I also put in a order for 1 inch boards.

I check the moisture in the 2 x 4 with moisture meter for curiosity. The levels range from 20% to 38 percent.

Greg

Another busy day around here. Taking full advantage being off work. Speaking of work I am allowed to go back work on Tuesday of next week.

Went back to the rental property and clean out one of the sheds. I also brought the bikes home. The girls have been bugging me to get them home. Once I got home they wanted to start riding them. I had put air in all the tires so they could ride there bikes. Then I unload all the stuff I brought home and put it away.

I also found a deal on 2x4x10 rough sawn pine. They are still green as they have only been sawed for a few weeks. I paid $5.80 each for them. I also put in a order for 1 inch boards.

I check the moisture in the 2 x 4 with moisture meter for curiosity. The levels range from 20% to 38 percent.

Nice , sounds like a good day , that is something I’ll get for my truck eventually is a bike rack for the hitch , that is a good price for the wood ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Nice , sounds like a good day , that is something I’ll get for my truck eventually is a bike rack for the hitch , that is a good price for the wood ,

It was good but very long day. It was nice to be outside doing stuff. I can tell I had no trouble sleeping last night. LOL!!!
    Bike is nice to have. It is bit of pita to get them all to fit. I had extension made to get the smaller bike to fit.

Oh yes it was a great price for the wood. I am looking forward to getting more.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Sanding, gluing up panels, filling parts of the end tables I am refurbishing.

Got an email and my cedar is ready to pick up. Waiting for good weather as it’s a 2 1/2 hour drive. Final tally is 570 ft of 1 x 6 which set me back $627 (Canadian $).

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

It was good but very long day. It was nice to be outside doing stuff. I can tell I had no trouble sleeping last night. LOL!!!

Bike is nice to have. It is bit of pita to get them all to fit. I had extension made to get the smaller bike to fit.

Oh yes it was a great price for the wood. I am looking forward to getting more.

LoL yeah after spending time outside working , doesn’t take long to fall asleep , is that wood for making more of those TV stands

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

is that wood for making more of those TV stands

No. I planning on building a subfloor for old metal shed. I got some extras for some stuff I want to do in the workshop.
    Honestly I have no time to build Tv stands right now. I need to get the workshop set up to do projects. Plus I would need for the lumber to dry before I could use for projects like a Tv stand.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I unloaded my lumber & piled my lumber yesterday. I put stickers between each layer to help it dry. I loaded my yard waste to take waste depot today. I put up a shelf in the crawlspace for storage.

Greg

I put stickers between each layer to help it dry.

Did you buy green lumber from the mill? Figured it would have already been dried for you.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I put stickers between each layer to help it dry.

Did you buy green lumber from the mill? Figured it would have already been dried for you.

Yes I did buy green lumber. I didn’t buy it directing from a mill. I got the lumber from a guy who buys from a mill then resells. It has been sawed for about 2 weeks.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Took a trailer load of brush and grape vines. Plus a truck load of leaves to the Yard Waste Depot. It was nice to have that done.

I decided tear out the ceiling in the workshop today. As the weather is getting warmer I was starting smell a odor in the workshop. After talking my neighbor the other day made me think that some kinda of animal had been living up there.

After putting up LED lights I had take them back now before tear the ceiling out.

Greg

Busy day today , removed the pool cover , cleared up the shed , cleaning up the garage , pulled out the miter and table saw after I vaccumed up the garage floor , set up a big table in the garage to put a shirt load of things to sell next month at the garage sale ,
    I have a feeling it’s going to be great for anyone looking for handtools lol , I’ve been bringing my tools home from work after I sold my toolbox , I never realized how many handtools I have lol

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes I did buy green lumber.

How long before you can use it?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Took a trailer load of brush and grape vines. Plus a truck load of leaves to the Yard Waste Depot. It was nice to have that done.

I decided tear out the ceiling in the workshop today. As the weather is getting warmer I was starting smell a odor in the workshop. After talking my neighbor the other day made me think that some kinda of animal had been living up there.

After putting up LED lights I had take them back now before tear the ceiling out.

Definitely not pleasant having an odor , did you find anything , make sure you wear a mask

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That is a good question. I could use some of them now. If I want too. Just a outside projects. I don’t have all the lumber I need for this projects yet.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Definitely not pleasant having an odor

That’s forsure.

I did find some feces of different animals. I have would have say it was a raccoon and squirrels.

No worries I did a wear a mask and safety glasses too.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s forsure.

I did find some feces of different animals. I have would have say it was a raccoon and squirrels.

Also I sprayed a bleach mixture on the ceiling joints to help disinfect and help with odor.

Greg

That’s forsure.

Also I sprayed a bleach mixture on the ceiling joints to help disinfect and help with odor.

That’s good , I’ve heard raccoon 💩 is very bad for humans ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I’ve heard raccoon is very bad for humans ,

Most likely as I heard mice 💩 isn’t good for humans too.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

That is a good question. I could use some of them now. If I want too. Just a outside projects. I don’t have all the lumber I need for this projects yet.

Yes, you can.

Rule of thumb is a year for every inch of thickness. BUT, that is air drying, outdoors. Kiln drying is obviously faster, a kiln is a pretty humid place. For outdoor projects it should reach equalibrium pretty fast. A coat of latex paint on the ends will help with checking. Finding a dry place in your house will dry them for outdoor projects pretty quick. A month maybe, hard to tell without a moisture meter.

All that being said, when I built my work bench I worked the slabs almost green and had no issues. The slabs were 3″ thick. The cedar I am getting has been in an outdoor shed for a couple of weeks, I will put it in the chapel, stacked and stickered, and will start using it within a month for outdoor window trim.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,541 through 1,560 (of 1,924 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.395 seconds