dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,341 through 1,360 (of 1,560 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Last night I checked my oil in the car , was down 2 and a half quarts , took the day off today , and brought my car to the garage , turned out it’s the oil sensor , 5 hundred bucks later , also they will look at the knock in the front end , I think it’s a tie rod or linkage , probably going to be easy 750 for the repair

Started looking for another car /suv/pickup , actually received a call from the gentleman I called yesterday at GMC , but I couldn’t talk to him , I’ll call back tomorrow ,

Actually took the day off today ,

Well that really sucks. Lucky you check your oil when you did. Might be a good idea to get new vehicle. Sometimes when you start putting money a vehicle it never stops.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Made some bull nose molding for the shower platform. Put the flooring down on the platform. I let it run long and will trim it after the glue dries. Picked up some 1x spruce for the trim. It’s sitting and getting climatized before I do any work on that. I also traced all the hot water feeds in the utility room and put some red tape on them at intervals so you can tell at a glance which is hot or not. Got a call from the plumber today and he is going to come look at my vent connection tomorrow afternoon.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Made some bull nose molding for the shower platform. Put the flooring down on the platform. I let it run long and will trim it after the glue dries. Picked up some 1x spruce for the trim. It’s sitting and getting climatized before I do any work on that. I also traced all the hot water feeds in the utility room and put some red tape on them at intervals so you can tell at a glance which is hot or not. Got a call from the plumber today and he is going to come look at my vent connection tomorrow afternoon.

Are you seeing the light at the end of the tunnel yet? You have been doing a ton of work in your place.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Last night I checked my oil in the car , was down 2 and a half quarts , took the day off today , and brought my car to the garage , turned out it’s the oil sensor , 5 hundred bucks later , also they will look at the knock in the front end , I think it’s a tie rod or linkage , probably going to be easy 750 for the repair

Started looking for another car /suv/pickup , actually received a call from the gentleman I called yesterday at GMC , but I couldn’t talk to him , I’ll call back tomorrow ,

Dang Brian, your having a rough time with the cars. At least the drunk didnt hit the new car your going to buy.

Well that really sucks. Lucky you check your oil when you did. Might be a good idea to get new vehicle. Sometimes when you start putting money a vehicle it never stops.

Yeah , I usually check it regularly , and change it regularly also , just a coincidence that the light came on , and surprisingly it actually worked 🤷‍♂️
    I’m thinking about it , my car is 9 years old and 150 thousand kilometers 🤷‍♂️
    Stil in good shape and next to no rust
    The good thing is I am not in a hurry

Dang Brian, your having a rough time with the cars. At least the drunk didnt hit the new car your going to buy.

Haha yeah , the funny thing is that was my wife’s car with the drunk driver , and the unfortunate thing is this is mine with the oil leak 😭😭

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yeah , I usually check it regularly , and change it regularly also , just a coincidence that the light came on , and surprisingly it actually worked 🤷‍♂️

I’m thinking about it , my car is 9 years old and 150 thousand kilometers 🤷‍♂️

Stil in good shape and next to no rust

The good thing is I am not in a hurry

It is also a good thing that light came on. I have seen where light never came on. People ran the engine dry of oil. Sounds like you’re vehicle is pretty much new.
    My vehicle is 11 years with 230 000 km with some rust. As much I would love a newer truck. I will hold on this one a few more years. Has been great truck.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Are you seeing the light at the end of the tunnel yet?

Yes. The list is getting shorter on this phase. A few more pipes, some trim, odds and ends. Waiting for pieces to get shipped in really slows things down.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Waiting for pieces to get shipped in really slows things down.

Are you getting your supplies locally or going out of town to the Big Box store?

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Waiting for pieces to get shipped in really slows things down.

Even in the Auto business same deal, have a car on the lift all torn apart and the parts are slow to arrive. Slows down the whole day as the lift is occupied but not bringing in any money. I know the feeling.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Are you getting your supplies locally or going out of town

Locally…the nearest town with a big box store would be Sault Saint Marie which is over 2 hours away, through the mountains, and who knows if the road will be open in the winter due to weather.

Back in the shop today , waiting for the phone call from the garage to see if they get the 7 dollar oil sensor that will cost almost five hundred dollars to install , 🤯🤯
    Oh well , it’s gotta be done , but it’s going to cut into the tool budget lol
    Called in for the work permit

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I trimmed the vinyl flooring I put down yesterday to the edge of the platform. I used my block plane and it worked nicely. For some of it I took the blade out and referenced the back of it to the wood and sliced away that way. The line isn’t perfect, but it matches the construction lumber that I used as a reference surface.
    I had to go into town to pick up a wardrobe that had been back ordered since November. Spent a few hours putting it together and getting it in place. Cheap MDF made in China, but when you’re too busy to take part in woodworking, you still need a place for your clothes.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Are you getting your supplies locally or going out of town

Locally…the nearest town with a big box store would be Sault Saint Marie which is over 2 hours away, through the mountains, and who knows if the road will be open in the winter due to weather.

That’s good. I do remember you saying the nearest Big Box was quite a drive.

One reason I didn’t drive that way when I travelled out west.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Back in the shop today , waiting for the phone call from the garage to see if they get the 7 dollar oil sensor that will cost almost five hundred dollars to install ,

Oh I thought you already got vehicle fix. Did you leave your vehicle at the garage?

Greg

I trimmed the vinyl flooring I put down yesterday to the edge of the platform. I used my block plane and it worked nicely. For some of it I took the blade out and referenced the back of it to the wood and sliced away that way. The line isn’t perfect, but it matches the construction lumber that I used as a reference surface.

I had to go into town to pick up a wardrobe that had been back ordered since November. Spent a few hours putting it together and getting it in place. Cheap MDF made in China, but when you’re too busy to take part in woodworking, you still need a place for your clothes.

Looking forward to seeing it all done Jim , I’m sure it’s going to be nice 👌

Haha yeah sometimes not enough hours in the day , that and sometimes it’s just I don’t have the energy , so yeah sometimes buying it is a good idea , one less task for you to build lol

Back in the shop today , waiting for the phone call from the garage to see if they get the 7 dollar oil sensor that will cost almost five hundred dollars to install ,

Oh I thought you already got vehicle fix. Did you leave your vehicle at the garage?

No I brought it in yesterday , they just called and said it wasn’t going to be ready tonight , guess they only received the 7 dollar part late this afternoon 🤷‍♂️
    Oh well , tomorrow I’m supposed to go see the salesman at GMC , talk about pricing and offers ,

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Got some boards laminated up for a counter area in the new bathroom….construction lumber, ugh. But you use what you got, not what you ain’t. Another board to put on it but I am fighting some twist, so one at a time. A bunch of sanding done for the trim too, more spruce, ugh again.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed some doors

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Installed some doors

What a nice change. Bet they are more energy efficient too. Very nice job.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 1,341 through 1,360 (of 1,560 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.971 seconds