dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,321 through 1,340 (of 1,560 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I happy to say Sparky was here and got the new Electrical panel hooked up. They moved the mast and meter to the other side of the house. This was requested by the local Utilities company. They ran out of time and didn’t get the 2 outdoor outlets installed or the outlet in the kitchen. Turns out the guys pretty much my neighbor.

Big enough Job , how far away did they move the meter from the existing one , did they have to make something like a junction box , did they have to run new wires

Yeah it was a big enough job. Took 2 guys 8 hrs. The old meter was beside fuse panel in the basement. The new mast and meter is 25 ft from where the old hook up came into the house. Yes they ran all new wires from meter too the breaker panel. I haven’t check the job all out yet.

Do you have to seal off the roof penetration for the new mask

They told me they seal off where old mast came through the roof. As for new mast I assume they would have sealed it of. I did notice there was 2 ft section of wire hanging thur where the hook up came threw the sofit.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Pretty much took the day off. Having a glass of wine to celebrate the passing of my 50’s. Yup, turned 60 today.

I did edit a video and put it up and went to town and bought some PEX and accessories for the bathroom. Never used PEX before, looks pretty easy, and no glue getting all over your hands.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Pretty much took the day off. Having a glass of wine to celebrate the passing of my 50’s. Yup, turned 60 today.

I did edit a video and put it up and went to town and bought some PEX and accessories for the bathroom. Never used PEX before, looks pretty easy, and no glue getting all over your hands.

What you mean taking a day off lol

60 that’s it 🙄😯🤭 no I mean you look good lol
    Happy birthday Jim , hope you had a great day ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Happy Birthday Jim. I will have drink to celebrate your birthday. Cheers!

I have used Pex once when I put a laundry hook at my old place. After 10 years there has no issues. It was easy to work with.

Greg

Here’s to many many more birthdays!! Happy Birthday Jim!

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Happy 60 Birthday Jim !

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Helped my daughter make robot for school project. Cut all the pieces out. She shape some of pieces with file and hand plane. We were going try and make the robot out of cardboard. I thought would easier. She did most of assembly and all the painting.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I got the wiring buttoned up in the bathroom today. Now when I hit the switch the regular light comes on, as well as the vanity light and the exhaust fan. I ended up using one of the expensive lights we bought for our own bathroom when the time comes to finish it off, but it looks good. I am debating on whether or not to take out the switch and put in a timer switch so it can only be turned on for so long.

Went and got a couple more plumbing supplies. I was worried about getting fittings in where I cut the pipe and can’t spread them apart. I got a few of those Fernco (?) fittings. The ones with the neoprene on the inside and metal with hose clamps on the outside….

Like this, only in 3″

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I am debating on whether or not to take out the switch and put in a timer switch so it can only be turned on for so long.

That’s not a bad idea. I need a timer on all the switches in my house as my girls can’t remember to turn off the lights.
    I also wish my exhaust fan was on the same switch as the light. I might steal your ideal and put the fan on timer switch.

Greg

Helped my daughter make robot for school project. Cut all the pieces out. She shape some of pieces with file and hand plane. We were going try and make the robot out of cardboard. I thought would easier. She did most of assembly and all the painting.

That’s pretty cool , nice to be able too help out , and even better to see the younger generation interested in using their hands 👌👍

I got the wiring buttoned up in the bathroom today. Now when I hit the switch the regular light comes on, as well as the vanity light and the exhaust fan. I ended up using one of the expensive lights we bought for our own bathroom when the time comes to finish it off, but it looks good. I am debating on whether or not to take out the switch and put in a timer switch so it can only be turned on for so long.

Went and got a couple more plumbing supplies. I was worried about getting fittings in where I cut the pipe and can’t spread them apart. I got a few of those Fernco (?) fittings. The ones with the neoprene on the inside and metal with hose clamps on the outside….

Like this, only in 3″

Would be a good idea , only because the renters might forget to turn the fan on when showering , best to get the humidity out ,
    You can always do like some people do , they put those motion detector switches in , so when you walk in , they turn on , and can be set for different times to stay on , so after they walk out , it will go off 🤷‍♂️
    Either way good idea Jim

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s pretty cool , nice to be able too help out , and even better to see the younger generation interested in using their hands 👌👍

Thanks. Definitely not my best work. My Daughter told it doesn’t have be perfect. LOL! I had to help. She came home from school so excited about this project. She wanted her Mom to rush out the Dollar store to get some supplies. Today she is just putting on finishing touches. Normally she would leave it to the last minute to do something like this. She is very proud today to have done.

Greg

Today I put up a little shelf to keep my LBOX from ending up all over my little shop. Sadly, I just haven’t had the time to build a proper setup with drawer slides.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bTJWuMFsui_KclO7qQxpz6em_Szcn7NY/view?usp=drivesdk

Wow , what a way to finish off the beautiful weather wise afternoon ,
    We spent the late morning and early afternoon outside in the backyard , my wife was filling up the bird feeders , and my daughter was playing with her cat outside , then my wife and I went grocery shopping , came out of the grocery store , and their was Two guys standing besides her Nissan rogue , I thought something looked strange , the Young guy asked if this was our car , I said it depends , what do you want , 🤷‍♂️ he said oh it’s because this guy hit your car , and then hit another car 🙄🤯 , he also said , that the guy seems either drunk or stoned , anyway , turned out he was very drunk , at 3:00 pm in the afternoon ,
    While I was asking a few times for his license and registration , my wife went to the other end of the car and called the police , wasn’t long before they showed up , asked him and us a few questions , a second patrol car showed up , they tested him on the spot , which you could obviously see even without a test , he was definitely under the influence of alcohol , they put him in the cruiser and the other officer said to wait until the 3 rd unit shows up to take our information and give us the report number , my wife felt really bad for calling the police , but I told her , she could have saved other people’s lives , and possibly his own life , don’t be upset , the police called us and showed up at our house , just to sign the paperwork ,
    To be honest , we both feel bad about doing it , but I keep mentioning to my wife , he’s lucky , and possibly other people are lucky he didn’t get back behind the wheel , he hit 3 cars in the parking lot , imagine him trying to drive home over 45 minutes away from where this happened.
    ❤️🙏 Hopefully it is a wakeup call for him , and hopefully it works out for everyone 🤷‍♂️🙏❤️

Today I put up a little shelf to keep my LBOX from ending up all over my little shop. Sadly, I just haven’t had the time to build a proper setup with drawer slides.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bTJWuMFsui_KclO7qQxpz6em_Szcn7NY/view?usp=drivesdk

Oh nice , you bought the 6 bay charger , it is something I’m looking at

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Wifey has been working on her Craft room. She primed the old panelling on the walls. I told her I wouldn’t my trying my Fuji HLVP Semi Pro on spraying the walls lookee.
    She was so happy how walls. Gave me the go ahead to paint the tile ceiling.

Greg

Oh nice , you bought the 6 bay charger , it is something I’m looking at

I love it, I tend to get busy and forget to pull batteries off my individual chargers and fall behind. With this guy I always have them topping off. Also, a great size though I wish it fit in an LBoxx 2.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Found out what the rotten smell was in the house. We thought we had a mouse die in the chapel somewhere, or something like that. Turns out the propane tank was almost dry and just sucking up the stench gas.

Also got most of the venting plumbing done. I am going to call in a pro to do the final hook up. There is so little room there that I can’t see how to do what I want to do. Perhaps there will be more tear out needed that what I want, but I want it done well.

Last night I checked my oil in the car , was down 2 and a half quarts , took the day off today , and brought my car to the garage , turned out it’s the oil sensor , 5 hundred bucks later , also they will look at the knock in the front end , I think it’s a tie rod or linkage , probably going to be easy 750 for the repair
    Started looking for another car /suv/pickup , actually received a call from the gentleman I called yesterday at GMC , but I couldn’t talk to him , I’ll call back tomorrow ,
    Actually took the day off today ,

Viewing 20 posts - 1,321 through 1,340 (of 1,560 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.969 seconds