dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,301 through 1,320 (of 1,593 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

A big list of small jobs done today.

Faucet and drain on the sink
    Vanity attached to wall
    Sink attached to vanity
    First pieces of the shower stall installed (walls)
    Tons of silicon caulking (I need more)
    A bunch more pipes put in for venting
    Toilet is bolted down
    Toilet seat installed
    Toilet hooked to pump
    Macerating pump bolted down
    Drain from shower hooked into pump
    Vent from pump attached to the vent pipe
    Flooring cut where the heat register goes and the register installed.
    Maybe more, I can’t remember it all.

It’s getting closer 1 piece at a time. Got a call and my sched 40 is in for the pump discharge.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

A big list of small jobs done today.

Faucet and drain on the sink

Vanity attached to wall

Sink attached to vanity

First pieces of the shower stall installed (walls)

Tons of silicon caulking (I need more)

A bunch more pipes put in for venting

Toilet is bolted down

Toilet seat installed

Toilet hooked to pump

Macerating pump bolted down

Drain from shower hooked into pump

Vent from pump attached to the vent pipe

Flooring cut where the heat register goes and the register installed.

Maybe more, I can’t remember it all.

It’s getting closer 1 piece at a time. Got a call and my sched 40 is in for the pump discharge.

Sounds like you got a lot of things done off the punch list lol
    I find the finishing is sometimes just as long as the rough in lol

Boy compared to your day , mine sounds easy , just 8 hours of shop /plant work , then the typical errands after work , and just finished changing the oil and filter on my SUV

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Sounds like you got a lot of things done off the punch list

Yeah, a few things I had to tidy up. Seems like I am working on 3 projects at a time all in one. Still have to put hook the drain of the sink up to the pump, finish the shower assembly, hook the pump up to the drainage and venting system. While I’m at it I am going to add venting to a toilet I moved about 6″ just because I think it needs it. Then all the feeds to them all. I am seriously considering PEX even though I’ve never used it before. Then all the trim in the bathroom and the flooring on the shower platform. Some wiring too. Dang, does the list ever end?

Sounds like you got a lot of things done off the punch list

Yeah, a few things I had to tidy up. Seems like I am working on 3 projects at a time all in one. Still have to put hook the drain of the sink up to the pump, finish the shower assembly, hook the pump up to the drainage and venting system. While I’m at it I am going to add venting to a toilet I moved about 6″ just because I think it needs it. Then all the feeds to them all. I am seriously considering PEX even though I’ve never used it before. Then all the trim in the bathroom and the flooring on the shower platform. Some wiring too. Dang, does the list ever end?

Hahaha eventually it will , but by the time that one is done , I’m sure you will have another one going 🤭🤭🤭🤫
    I feel like I can’t get anything completed here , and I say when it’s around 60 to 70 percent done , the boss is planning something else 🤷‍♂️🙄

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

On the weekend I got out my wet/dry sharpener and put edge on some of chisels. Did some organizing in the crawlspace so there is space for the electrician to work. When they come to do the wiring.
    Today after work I took out wifey’s van for a test drive to see if I can hear the noise she heard in the rear of the van. I took it out for drive around city. I didn’t hear and noise at all. But the abs & traction lights are on the dash. From some research online tells me that noise could be coming from a wheel bearing and the abs & traction sensors are part of the bearing hub assembly

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

On the weekend I got out my wet/dry sharpener and put edge on some of chisels. Did some organizing in the crawlspace so there is space for the electrician to work. When they come to do the wiring.

Today after work I took out wifey’s van for a test drive to see if I can hear the noise she heard in the rear of the van. I took it out for drive around city. I didn’t hear and noise at all. But the abs & traction lights are on the dash. From some research online tells me that noise could be coming from a wheel bearing and the abs & traction sensors are part of the bearing hub assembly

Looks like it did a good job ,

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

On the weekend I got out my wet/dry sharpener and put edge on some of chisels.

Looks like a nice keen edge. Hope the van issues clear up without much expense. From making the bearings with ABS sensors in them I found out the cables are a weak link.

Going to have to bring my SUV into the garage soon , it’s been a day that the oil light is coming on intermittent , even after changing the oil and filter , but it doesn’t make any knocking sounds , and the engine temperature is still good , I assume it’s a faulty oil sensor I’m hoping , and I’ll have to check the tie rod ends sounds like it’s going to need to be changed ,

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Shower is pretty much installed. Still have to caulk and put in the pretty parts of the fixtures. You can see the wood bar I had to replace when the acrylic one shattered looks right at home. Floor on the platform will match the floor on the floor when done too.

Attachments:
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Shower is pretty much installed. Still have to caulk and put in the pretty parts of the fixtures. You can see the wood bar I had to replace when the acrylic one shattered looks right at home. Floor on the platform will match the floor on the floor when done too.

Looking good Jim. You are getting there! You got people lined up for the rooms yet?

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I happy to say Sparky was here and got the new Electrical panel hooked up. They moved the mast and meter to the other side of the house. This was requested by the local Utilities company. They ran out of time and didn’t get the 2 outdoor outlets installed or the outlet in the kitchen. Turns out the guys pretty much my neighbor.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Looks like a nice keen edge.

Thanks Jim! I thought so too. The Tormek jig makes a big difference. I can use it put a camber on a plane blade.

From making the bearings with ABS sensors in them I found out the cables are a weak link.

Really! That is interesting to here this.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Looks like it did a good job ,

I am happy with job it did and I now have sharp chisels for a change. Now get at my hand planes.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

You got people lined up for the rooms yet?

Not yet. We are not advertising until we have things almost all in place. Just to make sure we live up to what we are promising. Once things are more in line we have a list of mining, forestry and electrical companies we are going to send messages to. Things are booming up here and accomodations are hard to come by, so we are not overly worried. We will also be cheaper than the local motels and nicer than the bunk houses going up.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

You got people lined up for the rooms yet?

Not yet. We are not advertising until we have things almost all in place. Just to make sure we live up to what we are promising. Once things are more in line we have a list of mining, forestry and electrical companies we are going to send messages to. Things are booming up here and accomodations are hard to come by, so we are not overly worried. We will also be cheaper than the local motels and nicer than the bunk houses going up.

Makes sense. Yeah I am sure you won’t have any issues.
    When I worked out West and stayed in Camp. Alot guys left camp for a there accommodations.

Greg

I happy to say Sparky was here and got the new Electrical panel hooked up. They moved the mast and meter to the other side of the house. This was requested by the local Utilities company. They ran out of time and didn’t get the 2 outdoor outlets installed or the outlet in the kitchen. Turns out the guys pretty much my neighbor.

Big enough Job , how far away did they move the meter from the existing one , did they have to make something like a junction box , did they have to run new wires

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Do you have to seal off the roof penetration for the new mask and the old hole from the old mask or there is no eave/overhang to deal with?

My daughter called me this morning , my MIL got stuck in the driveway , just at the end of the driveway and street , our snow removal tractor never came , after 2 calls to them this morning , the snow was wet and heavy , anyway , I left work to go bring my daughter to school , then spent the next 1 and a half digging her car out 🙄 ,
    Oh well 💩💩 happens lol.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Most of the ABS is in. Ran out of elbows. I have all the fixtures attached to the pump and vent line and the vent line goes to the ceiling now. Have to run it from there to the stack and tie in the upstairs toilet. I may pick up some PEX tomorrow and start on that, which will be a lot easier than the drain side.

I think I have all the caulking done too.

Still have a bit of electrical to do but I have to hang the mirror in order to figure out where we want to put the light over it. It’s kind of nice having the other side of the wall open for ease of work.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Big enough Job , how far away did they move the meter from the existing one , did they have to make something like a junction box , did they have to run new wires

Yeah it was a big enough job. Took 2 guys 8 hrs. The old meter was beside fuse panel in the basement. The new mast and meter is 25 ft from where the old hook up came into the house. Yes they ran all new wires from meter too the breaker panel. I haven’t check the job all out yet.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 1,301 through 1,320 (of 1,593 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.746 seconds