dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,241 through 1,260 (of 1,979 total)
  • Author

Right now I am taking a break and having a smoke before I throw something. I followed the dimensions for my platform for the shower on the instructions to put the base at the right height. What they didn’t take into account is the required 2″ plumbing they specify. When you put a P trap on the end of the pipe it doesn’t fit, and would make the run from the drain to the P trap uphill.

ARRGGGGH! With lots of cussing.

Shoot , that’s frustrating , is there anyway to put the p trap in the access room , typically not right under the shower drain , but further away , obviously it might not be to code ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Well , first time using the Graco sprayer

Have to say , it’s definitely worth it in my opinion , I’m going to get great use out of it , such a pleasure to use

Finished these in like 30 seconds ,

I’ll definitely get a better set up for painting but it was just to give it a try

Paint is still wet

That is great you like your new paint sprayer. They do make life easier when it comes to painting.
    How did you find clean up?

Having a better set up for painting is a big plus. This something I wish I had. I have some painting I could do if I had a better set up.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Well , first time using the Graco sprayer

Have to say , it’s definitely worth it in my opinion , I’m going to get great use out of it , such a pleasure to use

Finished these in like 30 seconds ,

I’ll definitely get a better set up for painting but it was just to give it a try

Paint is still wet

That is great you like your new paint sprayer. They do make life easier when it comes to painting.

How did you find clean up?

Having a better set up for painting is a big plus. This something I wish I had. I have some painting I could do if I had a better set up.

So far I love it , clean up was very simple , I just have to go back and pick up the pump lubricant for putting in after cleaning up
    It gives a much better finish than rolling and brushes 👍

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

s there anyway to put the p trap in the access room

That is exactly what I am doing. It puts the trap about a foot away from the drain, which is fine. Adjustments are being made on the fly. I added another 3/4″ to the platform the shower base will sit on. Of course that means further adjustments further on down the line.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Got a call at 5:30am saying not to come in today. Apparently the roof on the plant collapsed overnight, bad enough that it set off the fire alarm and the fire department was on site at 1am.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

s there anyway to put the p trap in the access room

That is exactly what I am doing. It puts the trap about a foot away from the drain, which is fine. Adjustments are being made on the fly. I added another 3/4″ to the platform the shower base will sit on. Of course that means further adjustments further on down the line.

Good thing you have it close to an empty service room , good thinking ahead Jim ,
    Lot’s of time that’s how it goes , sometimes it never really goes as planned lol

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

that’s how it goes

That’s how it went…lol.

The shower pan is finally in place with the 90 after the drain and the pipe going to the utility room. Not screwed in yet, but after putting it in and taking it out about a dozen times, or at least it seems.

Had to go to the lumber store for 1 more 90 degree elbow…it figures. That cost over $600. The 5 gal. of paint we ordered came in, plus 3 more gallons of other paint. The vinyl lay down flooring came in too. Various brushes and other items on top of that.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I finished up another project today. Added a wall making for another bedroom to the addition I’ve been working on. Turned the old dinning room into the daughters new bedroom.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

finished up another project today.

I like those doors.

I finished up another project today. Added a wall making for another bedroom to the addition I’ve been working on. Turned the old dinning room into the daughters new bedroom.

Looks great Ron , are you guys almost done with the place , or still a few weeks to go.

@RonW, The quality of what you do Ron is always awesome! Way to go! The homeowner and daughter would have to be thrilled.

that’s how it goes

That’s how it went…lol.

The shower pan is finally in place with the 90 after the drain and the pipe going to the utility room. Not screwed in yet, but after putting it in and taking it out about a dozen times, or at least it seems.

Had to go to the lumber store for 1 more 90 degree elbow…it figures. That cost over $600. The 5 gal. of paint we ordered came in, plus 3 more gallons of other paint. The vinyl lay down flooring came in too. Various brushes and other items on top of that.

LoL yeah I hear ya Jim , well it is getting closer to being finished , I bet you guys can’t wait till you can start collecting the rent money , that’s going to be nice , hopefully you will have time to relax after you get it close to being done ,
    Wish we were closer Jim , I’d definitely come over and drink coffee looking over your shoulder telling you what to do 🤣🤣 lol just kidding ,
    Hang in there Jim , how’s the knee doing

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

RonW, The quality of what you do Ron is always awesome! Way to go! The homeowner and daughter would have to be thrilled.

Thank you Lon. Yes the daughter is, She is 2 and all I heard for last two days. “Are you finished with my room Mr. Ron? It’s so beautiful.”
    Really made my day.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I’d definitely come over and drink coffee looking over your shoulder telling you what to do

I already have a wife thanks…lol

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

are those sliding doors?

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

A 30′ long tree branch fell last night at my house and completely blocked the road on both sides.

The branch narrowed missed the fence I put up several months ago.

The city came to remove it this morning.

Lots of termites on the tree eating it partially hollow.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Very nice. Great work. I really like the doors.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

A 30′ long tree branch fell last night at my house and completely blocked the road on both sides.

Wow! I guess your lucky it didn’t fall on your new fence.

Is the reason the limb fell as it is hollow. Sounds like the tree needs to be taken down.

Greg

The branch narrowed missed the fence I put up several months ago.

The city came to remove it this morning.

Wow , good thing it didn’t damage anything , it’s hard to see in my smartphone , was it because it was rotten , or from a storm /high winds

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Wow , good thing it didn’t damage anything , it’s hard to see in my smartphone , was it because it was rotten , or from a storm /high winds

yes picture is of poor quality because it was already dark. I had my headlights directed to it still the picture a bit fuzzy. It was eaten by termites.

Is the reason the limb fell as it is hollow. Sounds like the tree needs to be taken down.

For sure it needs to be taken down. But the code is written in such a way by tree hugging officials that it makes it difficult to take down a tree even if it’s badly infected or damaged.

You see this tree is on MY PROPERTY, it’s MY TREE. I cannot just cut it down. To cut it down probably cost $1000 including haul away and disposal. But the issue is the city does not allow tree cutting without a tree permit or you are looking at a huge $20000 fine.

So the way you can cut down a tree?

Hire a licensed arborist (that is on the approved list with the city), to inspect the tree, and determine it’s health. Last time it was inspected it was determined to be 60% viable. This inspection cost like $600.

Use the arborist report, and hire a survey company to come do a “tree survey” of the entire property, documenting every tree, species, diameter, height etc…this cost another $500. The reason this needs to be done? Is the city may decide that if they let you cut down this tree, they may want to dictate you plant another tree somewhere else. Some “green” initiative.

With the tree survey, and the arborist report, you can submit a tree removal permit, which cost another $300. They may say yes they may say no.

All of this had to be done BEFORE you spend a penny on the actual removal!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1,241 through 1,260 (of 1,979 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.765 seconds