dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,001 through 1,020 (of 1,358 total)
  • Author

Your going to be a self taught electrician after this Jim

I still won’t go into a live distribution centre. So I guess I would fail the test…lol. A man has to know his limitations (Dirty Harry).

Hahaha yeah you are right about that Jim , always a great sense of humor too 👊👌

It’s always fun following along with your YouTube and BTP content

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Did some more work on my little outfeed platform for the table saw. I had the bright idea that since I have multiple outlets now I ought to put the shop vac on the 1250 DEVS while sanding. What a difference. It worked great! I could get used to this.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Some design issues to overcome to get the rods to stay in place and not falling out of the rack –

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Mayitr 20 Pcs Fishing Pole Rod Holder Clips Rubber Black” type=”text/html” allowfullscreen=”” style=”max-width:100%” src=”https://read.amazon.com/kp/card?preview=inline&linkCode=kpd&ref_=k4w_oembed_QeMcAiXqacgaMT&asin=B075D8H87F&tag=kpembed-20&#8243; width=”770″ height=”550″ frameborder=”0″></iframe></figure>

Lol, just saw this – and those were ordered yesterday and are on the way. Should work just fine.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Did some more work on my little outfeed platform for the table saw. I had the bright idea that since I have multiple outlets now I ought to put the shop vac on the 1250 DEVS while sanding. What a difference. It worked great! I could get used to this.

I know what you mean , I have been using my tools hooked up to the dust extractor , that’s one of the primary reasons I’m thinking about another dust extractor , 👌👊

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I had the bright idea that since I have multiple outlets now I ought to put the shop vac on the 1250 DEVS while sanding. What a difference. It worked great! I could get used to this.

Nice you can get DC in the shop now. Working inside on wood DC is absolutely necessary.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

A second coat of poly on the outfeed table today. Then I edited the last video on the potato bin and got it put up. Took delivery of a few windows and a big 42″ door plus sidelight for the house. 23 windows in all.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Some design issues to overcome to get the rods to stay in place and not falling out of the rack –

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Mayitr 20 Pcs Fishing Pole Rod Holder Clips Rubber Black” type=”text/html” allowfullscreen=”” style=”max-width:100%” src=”https://read.amazon.com/kp/card?preview=inline&linkCode=kpd&ref_=k4w_oembed_QeMcAiXqacgaMT&asin=B075D8H87F&tag=kpembed-20&#8243; width=”770″ height=”550″ frameborder=”0″></iframe></figure>

And not only did I order clips identical to the ones you linked – a 3D printer is on the way in case they don’t work and I need to create my own. 🙂

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

A second coat of poly on the outfeed table today. Then I edited the last video on the potato bin and got it put up. Took delivery of a few windows and a big 42″ door plus sidelight for the house. 23 windows in all.

Wow that’s lots of windows. Definitely will make a difference in keeping the heat in

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Definitely will make a difference in keeping the heat in

I hope so. This place is a frightening cost to heat. I’ve been heating with wood for 15 years in the old place. It was cheap. Wood stoves are on the list of things to put in. (yes, stoves with an S, as in multiple)

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I hope so. This place is a frightening cost to heat.

I can believe it, lot of square feet to heat.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I hope so. This place is a frightening cost to heat. I’ve been heating with wood for 15 years in the old place. It was cheap. Wood stoves are on the list of things to put in. (yes, stoves with an S, as in multiple)

I’m sure that’s going to make a huge difference. I don’t want to see your heating /electric bill 💸 🥺

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

My contractor crew knocked out about 5 windows today and got them replaced. The first one was hardest and involved a bit of rebuilding, so while they worked on the others I milled up the wood needed for that and got the trim put back on.

The owner says he knows 4 guys looking for rooms. They currently commute 2 hours one way to get to work by 6 AM and then work until 6 PM and take the drive through the mountains again to get back home. We are furiously shopping now to get the rooms set up and I have decided to leave the build for the bathroom downstairs in his hands too. Or at least a lot of it.

We told him to give the guys our number and we could work something out. Give them a deal at $1000/month and we will be improving the place and the price will stay as is for them.

We moved our spare queen size bed into one of the rooms and it fills it pretty good, so we are going to order double beds for the rooms. Busting the budget, but hoping it will pay off.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Rain and snow today so we were not able to finish the roof we were working on. Shop time making up millwork for a project.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That is alot of window. Those should help with heating bill.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 9 windows in the last 2 days.
    7 in the basement and these 2 monsters 125″ X 60″. Heavy like heck. Didn’t fit through the door so I pulled them up through the openings with ropes.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

In the long run be cheaper to have outdoor boiler? I know they are costly to buy.
    I worked for guy who had one and used to heat the workshop and his house. It did work too bad other he didn’t have it hooked up right.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

7 in the basement and these 2 monsters 125″ X 60″. Heavy like heck. Didn’t fit through the door so I pulled them up through the openings with ropes.

Holy they are pretty big windows. That is too bad you had to haul them up with ropes. They do look nice.

Greg

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Nice job on the windows!
    I have a large one like that to do someday.

😲😲 Those are huge , good workout lol
    You managed to get lots of windows done ,
    Looks like a nice style house.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

these 2 monsters 125″ X 60″.

That’s a lot of glass. Nice!

Viewing 20 posts - 1,001 through 1,020 (of 1,358 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.948 seconds