dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,359 total)
  • Author

Some design issues to overcome to get the rods to stay in place and not falling out of the rack – but the names are done on the ‘classic’ sign carver.

They look pretty good , nice job 👌 , maybe something like a slight detent on the top for them to slide into , I’m sure you will figure it out , will you stain them , good job 👍

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

The couch section was to long to get threw the front door.

That’s what I meant. The large sections can be taken apart to fit through tight areas, turns and smaller doorways

Those look nice! Nice work. What is the wood you used?

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Some design issues to overcome to get the rods to stay in place and not falling out of the rack –

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

The couch section was to long to get threw the front door.

That’s what I meant. The large sections can be taken apart to fit through tight areas, turns and smaller doorways

Ok I didn’t know this. I have take look at to see where it would come apart.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Fighting my sore back and a little more mucking about. More electrical…surprise! Found another feed wire from the panel that I had the breaker shut off to and marked it. Traced another wire to one of the little rooms in the shop. Found another hidden junction box in the ceiling…not surprised. So, after sussing it out and moving the box, I wired the feed I found to temporarily feed that room. Light and power in there now. Of course, inside that box was a wire that went to the light switch that wasn’t marked properly. Good thing I checked, now the white wire is marked black to it is easy to see how it’s supposed to be hooked up.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

So they started the layoffs , handing out the paperwork , and the last day of work will be the 22nd of January plus I heard that 22 people accepted the early retirement offer ,
    So it’s a kinda ho hum day here today.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

They’re not all the same. You may have to check on the manufacturers website to see if or how it comes apart. Some have velcro holding the fabric on the back for access. Some bolt together, some recliners have lock levers..some can be split into smaller sections, some the back can be removed

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Started on a new outfeed for the table saw. One that I can keep up in place while using the miter gauge and sled.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

So they started the layoffs , handing out the paperwork , and the last day of work will be the 22nd of January plus I heard that 22 people accepted the early retirement offer ,

Sounds like it wouldn’t be a very good day forsure.
    How many people got laid off?

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Fighting my sore back and a little more mucking about. More electrical…surprise! Found another feed wire from the panel that I had the breaker shut off to and marked it. Traced another wire to one of the little rooms in the shop. Found another hidden junction box in the ceiling…not surprised. So, after sussing it out and moving the box, I wired the feed I found to temporarily feed that room. Light and power in there now. Of course, inside that box was a wire that went to the light switch that wasn’t marked properly. Good thing I checked, now the white wire is marked black to it is easy to see how it’s supposed to be hooked up.

I can believe all the electrical issues you are finding. It is good you are getting it all sorted out.

I guess one never knows what you will find do you.

Greg

I think it’s around 187 on the shop floor , will have more precise numbers later this week

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

They’re not all the same. You may have to check on the manufacturers website to see if or how it comes apart. Some have velcro holding the fabric on the back for access. Some bolt together, some recliners have lock levers..some can be split into smaller sections, some the back can be removed

I will have check the manufacture’s website and see what I can find. I don’t plan on moving it anytime soon. But it will be nice know. Thanks for the info.

Greg

Started on a new outfeed for the table saw. One that I can keep up in place while using the miter gauge and sled.

That’s a nice addition , I would like to be able to add something like that , but unfortunately I’m not sure if it’s possible to do it on a job site saw , I’ve seen it done on those table saws incorporated into a bigger work bench , that’s a nice option for someone who has the space.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I think it’s around 187 on the shop floor , will have more precise numbers later this week

Wow that is quite a few people. It is too bad.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Found another hidden junction box in the ceiling…not surprised.

Wow lots of electrical problems you are finding. Well at least it is keeping you busy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Your going to be a self taught electrician after this Jim 🤭🤭
    Your lucky you are capable of fixing lots of things you find , would almost have a full time job for a few weeks for an electrician to do lol ,
    Better safe than sorry , glad you are getting things done Jim

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Maybe you can line up some side work @Boschmanbrian ?
    Might be a good time for the Honeydo list?
    Maybe a vacation?
    Best luck to you!

Maybe you can line up some side work @Boschmanbrian ?

Might be a good time for the Honeydo list?

Maybe a vacation?

Best luck to you!

Thanks Ron , yeah lots of things to think about , I personally know I would definitely have plenty of work and things to do ,
    All the suggestions you mentioned are on my list lol

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Your going to be a self taught electrician after this Jim

I still won’t go into a live distribution centre. So I guess I would fail the test…lol. A man has to know his limitations (Dirty Harry).

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,359 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.676 seconds