dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 2,766 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Electronically signed the fulfillment papers today. That means all the conditions of sale have been met and the sale is finalized.

The closing date is Oct 23, but the buyers would also agree to Oct 1st or 5th, so if we put an acceptable offer on the place we have been looking at on line we could be out of here in just over a month.

The place we’re looking at is about 3500 square feet, kind of split into 2 joined buildings, with full basements under them in addition. I may not be in the “small shop” club for long.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

Sounds good Jim.

Electronically signed the fulfillment papers today. That means all the conditions of sale have been met and the sale is finalized.

So when does the SOLD sign get put up? At this jumcture, or was it when you accepted it with conditions that were not yet fully met?

Reason I’m asking, if it’s the former, you never know, that other place might pop back up as available if it doesn’t go thru!

I can’t recall the nuances of how that stuff works from 20 years ago when I bought my first and only house I still live in now.

I could ask one of my real estate agent clients though. They all kneel to me for stuff I do for them. In fact, once the house beside me sells, normally everything related is offline. I can ask them what it actually sold for.

I suppose I could get them to do that for you with that one you missed, although maybe that’s a line they won’t cross for a fourth party. I won’t lie to them. I’ve only asked once for that kind of thing about a half dozen handful of houses in my neighborhood where I was simply curious how crazy the market was at one point a few years ago. Wasn’t looking to sell, just curious.

Examples at that time….590 asking going for 820. 699 asking going for 910, etc… It was nuts here in the spring 2-3 years ago. But there was a big change looming at the time so folks went stupid trying to get their foots in the door.

The first example was a house accross the street fom me at the time. Much smaller lot than mine and smaller house, rotted deck in backyard and no real updates for decades with a basement DIY finish I could see needed to be torn out completely and redone, it was stupid bad.

Sale started with an open house on a weekend….Monday nite a dozen cars parked on my street all in a bidding war. Next day, SOLD to a Chinese investor who has lipsticked it inside and rented it out. Very few full house rentals here thank goodness!

@JimDaddyO

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

So when does the SOLD sign get put up?

The SOLD sign can go up now. All the conditions of sale have been met as of today. Until now, things could have still went south.

The closing date is Oct 23, but the buyers would also agree to Oct 1st or 5th, so if we put an acceptable offer on the place we have been looking at on line we could be out of here in just over a month.

The place we’re looking at is about 3500 square feet, kind of split into 2 joined buildings, with full basements under them in addition. I may not be in the “small shop” club for long.

Well congratulations again Jim
    I’m confused , two buildings , but with a joining basement 🤷‍♂️ or two separate buildings with their own basement , that’s a good size for sure.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s good hear Jim that the sale has be finalized.

That sounds like the quite the place you are looking at.

So when does the SOLD sign get put up?

The SOLD sign can go up now. All the conditions of sale have been met as of today. Until now, things could have still went south.

The house we bought was the same way. The sold sign did go up after all conditions were met. Wifey went by to check to make sure. LOL!!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I’m confused , two buildings , but with a joining basement or two separate buildings with their own basement ,

Above ground the 2 buildings are joined (1900sq ft and 1600sq ft). One of them is the chapel and the other a community centre. They each have seperate basements. I don’t know if the basements are joined by the photos. I will tell you more when we see it.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Congrats @JimDaddyO this sounds great! Your passion for your work is amazing and I can’t wait to see the new shop!

Fingers crossed

A Working Pro since 2004

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Congrats @JimDaddyO this sounds great! Your passion for your work is amazing and I can’t wait to see the new shop!

Thanks.

My wife and I were talking and she mentioned that 40 years ago, we would have taken on an adventure like this just for the heck of it. Now, I think I am crapping bricks about it. We are both trying to get that attitude back that we had in our youth. Back then “what could go wrong?” was how we saw things, now we think of everything that can go wrong…lol.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My wife and I were talking and she mentioned that 40 years ago, we would have taken on an adventure like this just for the heck of it. Now, I think I am crapping bricks about it. We are both trying to get that attitude back that we had in our youth. Back then “what could go wrong?” was how we saw things, now we think of everything that can go wrong…lol.

I sure you guys will do fine Jim. Once you start looking at few place and you vision how you want it to be. It will all come back. I am sure you will still be a be a bit nervous as you now are older and wiser now.
    I look forward hearing about your next adventure.

Greg

I’m confused , two buildings , but with a joining basement or two separate buildings with their own basement ,

Above ground the 2 buildings are joined (1900sq ft and 1600sq ft). One of them is the chapel and the other a community centre. They each have seperate basements. I don’t know if the basements are joined by the photos. I will tell you more when we see it.

Oh okay , that definitely sounds interesting , I’m looking forward to seeing it

That response to Chris
    I had to laugh , I think most of us would probably be feeling that same way Jim

I’m sure you and your wife will fix it up just perfect , regardless of the new place you guys choose , your place that just sold , you and your wife made it look really nice , you are a good team together 👍👌
    Keep up the great work Jim and Mrs Jim lol

Oh yeah don’t forget about your little shop helper (🐕)
    Looking forward to hearing about the new place

Today I might just continue painting , and pick up some tile epoxy /thin set and see what type of tile leveling system they have ,

Also a few other materials.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Got my first cell phone today. Took a few hours for my son in law to get it set up and give me some instructions. This is going to take some time to learn.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I need to make 12 door plaques for my wife’s craft class she will teaching. So I made a pattern & and jig for drilling a hole in them. It took me couple of tries to get the look she was wanting. She was having hard time finding as her supplier has them and back order. She got sheet of plywood today at HD. I will cut them to size and she can drill a the hole in them.

Got my first cell phone today. Took a few hours for my son in law to get it set up and give me some instructions. This is going to take some time to learn.

Enjoy your new phone. It will be nice have when your travelling the country side looking for your new place. What kinda phone did you get?

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

What kinda phone did you get?

LG V20. Free from my son in law. He deals with them so he gets a lot and keeps changing phones. This was the one he used last year. $1000 CDN unit at that time. He got me hooked up to Freedom Mobile. Unlimited talk and text with 1.5 Gb data for just under $20/month.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I need to make 12 door plaques for my wife’s craft class she will teaching.

Hopefully once you get everything set up you can knock them right out. The hardest part is getting the look and it all laid out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

LG V20. Free from my son in law. He deals with them so he gets a lot and keeps changing phones. This was the one he used last year. $1000 CDN unit at that time. He got me hooked up to Freedom Mobile. Unlimited talk and text with 1.5 Gb data for just under $20/month.

Sounds like you got a great deal. Got to love getting free stuff. I am sure it will be a great phone. I had LG once I really liked it. That is a really good deal on a plan. I am sure you will be happy with your new phone. Now you will be able take that odd picture and post on the forum pretty easy.

Greg

WOW that’s a great deal , and a really good plan , congrats Jim , nice of your sil to help you with the deal , and the set-up 👍👌

Not much for me today
    I think I misplaced my get up and go
    Or I guess you can say my get up and go !!
    Got up and left 🙄
    I don’t know what it is , but I really haven’t been motivated lately 🤷‍♂️

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It turned out a busier day then I planned. I ripped some 2 inch pine to rough size. Finished planing some 2 inch white pine to the final thickness. Made 12 door plaques from 1/4 plywood for wifey’s craft class. Put a ad facebook to sell my wood shavings. I thought would be worth a try. I managed to sell 10 bags in less the hour. I was total shocked that this took place. I could have sold more if I had it.

Greg

It turned out a busier day then I planned. I ripped some 2 inch pine to rough size. Finished planing some 2 inch white pine to the final thickness. Made 12 door plaques from 1/4 plywood for wifey’s craft class. Put a ad facebook to sell my wood shavings. I thought would be worth a try. I managed to sell 10 bags in less the hour. I was total shocked that this took place. I could have sold more if I had it.

Always good to be busy , I assume whoever bought the shavings has a few horses and has a gentleman farm or something 🤷‍♂️

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Always good to be busy , I assume whoever bought the shavings has a few horses and has a gentleman farm or something 🤷‍♂️

One person that got their shavings today has cows and want to use it for his calves.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Travelled.

Made it to Manitoulin yesterday. Looked at a place in Elliot Lake today. We didn’t even go in. Neighbours right on top of each other and the yard looks like it was owned by Sanford and Son. Then it was west down Hwy 17 and a few other places that we just looked at on the way by because we didn’t contact the agent. That was good because we didn’t waste the agent’s or our time. One place we had on our “list” that we removed we decided to go check out just for kicks. It’s a ’40’s style tiny cottage. Needs a lot of work and is small….but the location is gorgeous. So we’re going to think about it.

Right now we are in a tiny motel room where Gitchi Manitou and Gitchigumi meet (Sault Ste. Marie) and we head north tomorrow morning to go see our most anticipated property. 3500 sq ft of 2 adjoing buildings with full basements under them. If it pans out I will have to cancel my membership in the small shop club…lol.

Most of the time on the new phone has been learning how to use it. It’s come in handy with the maps so far.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 2,766 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.391 seconds