dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,358 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So, I may just check this out and dip my toes into becoming a hardwood dealer if the circumstances work out.

Sounds like a good deal JDO, I really hope this works out for you.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Update…. On a whim I contacted Paul Lemiski at Legacy Lumber. I told him where I was and that I have 1100 sq ft room, what would it take to become an affiliate dealer up here? Well, his partner got back to me and we are going to arrange a phone call to chat.

There is no where around that deals hardwood. The only hardwood that grows around here is birch and poplar. Too far north for much else. Actually, outside the regular building centre there is not much for woodworkers at all. So, I may just check this out and dip my toes into becoming a hardwood dealer if the circumstances work out.

I guess you saw the video I did. Sounds like a great idea too me. I hope it works out for you Jim. Who you have a show room?
    I know in my area the market seems flood with everyone selling live edge lumber from there backyard for top price. I have been looking for rough hardwood dimensional lumber for sale. I have been just looking online.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Update…. On a whim I contacted Paul Lemiski at Legacy Lumber. I told him where I was and that I have 1100 sq ft room, what would it take to become an affiliate dealer up here? Well, his partner got back to me and we are going to arrange a phone call to chat.

There is no where around that deals hardwood. The only hardwood that grows around here is birch and poplar. Too far north for much else. Actually, outside the regular building centre there is not much for woodworkers at all. So, I may just check this out and dip my toes into becoming a hardwood dealer if the circumstances work out.

Sounds interesting , hopefully it works out for you Jim , so would this be where the stock would be stored inside the chapel
    Would it be something like a showroom

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

so would this be where the stock would be stored inside the chapel

Yeah, something like that. No loading bay or material handling equipment, so I guess I better start eating my Wheaties if I decide to give it a shot.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

so would this be where the stock would be stored inside the chapel

Yeah, something like that. No loading bay or material handling equipment, so I guess I better start eating my Wheaties if I decide to give it a shot.

That’s cool , maybe you can check out different means of material handling equipment , maybe even an engine hoist or something like that , 🤷‍♂️ I’m sure you will think of something , you are a bright man Jim 👌

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

the issue with renting a big space like that for a daily event is if it’s for a meeting or service, you need a lot of chairs and a podium, or a bunch of banquet tables. The renters would expect those to be furnished and no one would bring their own.

Would you use the space to store the lumber or to show the lumber?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

the issue with renting a big space like that for a daily event is if it’s for a meeting or service, you need a lot of chairs and a podium, or a bunch of banquet tables. The renters would expect those to be furnished and no one would bring their own.

Yes, but there has been interest in by photographers, use as a dance studio, and for tai chi lessons, so that would work. Also had suggestion as a local artists display, so seating wouldn’t be required there either.

I would both show and store the lumber in there if this seems feasable. I would not be carrying a large amount to start I don’t think, just what would be condidered “bread and butter” inventory.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

No loading bay or material handling equipment, so I guess I better start eating my Wheaties if I decide to give it a shot.

Still sounds like nice idea, there are some nice inexpensive powered carts out there that might work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Had my first guitar job in Wawa. Fixed up a nice little Yamaha acoustic for a young person. It ought to be a lot easier to play now.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Miamicuse wrote:

Yes, but there has been interest in by photographers, use as a dance studio, and for tai chi lessons, so that would work. Also had suggestion as a local artists display, so seating wouldn’t be required there either.

That’s great that there has been interest in renting your space.

I would both show and store the lumber in there if this seems feasable. I would not be carrying a large amount to start I don’t think, just what would be condidered “bread and butter” inventory.

I guess it would make alot of sense to carry large amount until you see how your sales our. If there is a need for Hardwood lumber in your area. You should do ok.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Had my first guitar job in Wawa. Fixed up a nice little Yamaha acoustic for a young person. It ought to be a lot easier to play now.

That’s awesome you are finding guitars to work. I am sure you will get more coming soon once the work gets out.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I brought home a truck load of tools from my workshop and shed yesterday. I didn’t chance to unload them when I got home as we had our new 3 pc sectional delivered yesterday. The problem was the sectional was only delivered to the driveway due Covid. We had to get the sectional from the driveway to the Livingroom. The middle section was a workout. We couldn’t get in the front door. It had go in the side door into the kitchen thru the dining room. Not the workout I wanted. But happy to have landed in the living room now. Even if was delivered a day late.

Edit: picture added

Greg

That’s good , I’m sure word will get out , and you will have a nice little clientele hopefully

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Didn’t that section come apart ? Many of the new sofas can be taken apart easily

@GTokley

I brought home a truck load of tools from my workshop and shed yesterday. I didn’t chance to unload them when I got home as we had our new 3 pc sectional delivered yesterday. The problem was the sectional was only delivered to the driveway due Covid. We had to get the sectional from the driveway to the Livingroom. The middle section was a workout. We couldn’t get in the front door. It had go in the side door into the kitchen thru the dining room. Not the workout I wanted. But happy to have landed in the living room now. Even if was delivered a day late.

Wow that’s a big comfy sofa , looks like someone already enjoys it lol
    The colour of paint on the walls looks like our house.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Well, I sorted my stash of hardwood and got them into seperate bins. Not much but I am going to think up a few small projects to build on spec to see if they sell.

More guitar work. This time my own. Dang it’s filthy. It’s the electric I built and it’s been hanging on a wall for 4 years in a home heated by wood. Ewww. Anyways, just on a break to let the fingers warm up and have a coffee, so I figured I would read a bit and post.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Wow that’s a big comfy sofa , looks like someone already enjoys it lol

The colour of paint on the walls looks like our house.

Yes is pretty big and comfy. Yeah the dog loves too. LOL!!

Our paint colour is freezing rain.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Didn’t that section come apart ? Many of the new sofas can be taken apart easily

@GTokley

Oh yes it came in 3 sections. The couch section was to long to get threw the front door. We had come threw the door and turn to the livingroom. We couldn’t come straight in as there is wall right there. We did try and stand it on its end. Still too long.

Greg

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Some design issues to overcome to get the rods to stay in place and not falling out of the rack – but the names are done on the ‘classic’ sign carver.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Some design issues to overcome to get the rods to stay in place and not falling out of the rack – but the names are done on the ‘classic’ sign carver.

They came out very nice. The customization is a nice touch.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,358 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.857 seconds