dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 1,736 total)
  • Author

, tried to get the wall as straight as I could , I think it’s going to be alright once I finish at the plaster.

That really sucks that your wall wasn’t straight. Takes longer to do a job then first planned.

Yeah , I knew it was out , I wish I didn’t have to waist a few minutes fixing this , then doing the tape and mud , oh well that’s how it goes sometimes , at least I can get the toilet installed today after painting the walls. I’ll just have to redo the area between the vanity and the mirror , shouldn’t be too bad

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Second coat of poly on the table, took down the Christmas lights outside, and finally registered my PS 31 and PS 41 with Bosch. That little driver is awesome. Haven’t used the drill yet.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Second coat of poly on the table, took down the Christmas lights outside, and finally registered my PS 31 and PS 41 with Bosch. That little driver is awesome. Haven’t used the drill yet.

Sounds like a pretty good day , I still have to register a few Bosch tools , I think both rotatory hammer drills , plus the new laser , and I think I have something else , not sure could be the smaller 3/8 impact I bought last year 🤷‍♂️

Today I redrilled the toilet ring since installing the new tile , plus I caulked the bottom of the wall between the tile and painting the first coat after I actually mixed up some of my own paint , ceiling flat white with the pewter grey semi gloss for the walls , actually came out nice , I’ll take a picture tomorrow after the second coat ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

We received a good snow fall overnight. First time for me in along time to shovel a driveway. By shovelings the driveway I got to meet 2 of my neighbor’s. I managed to have a great chat with my one neighbor. I hooked up the snow plow on the atv and cleared the snow around backyard.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

GTokley wrote:
    Does this give tint to the finish like the oil base stuff?

Yeah, it’s just like an oil based in the look. It says it cleans up with soap and water. My good brush that I last used it with at the old place was a bit stiff when I took it out of the paper wrap, but it loosened up right away.

I will have give it a try sometime.

I do need to replace that brush, it’s gotta be 20 years old, but once you find a good one, and you take care of it, they seem to last decades. It’s hard to look for a replacement for something you really like and are of a mind that it’s going to be difficult to find one as good again…lol.

Maybe this is something I need to do is buy a good brush.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

and finally registered my PS 31 and PS 41 with Bosch. That little driver is awesome.

That driver is awesome, looks like you are now a fan of the Bosch 12V line.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That little driver is awesome. Haven’t used the drill yet.

I knew you would love that little driver. I am sure you will like the drill. I use mine all the time. I do use my 18V drill. Just not as much as my 12V drill.

Greg

Okay 2nd coat is finished , toilet re installed , now I’ll be tackling the vanity , but just have to wait for the mud behind the vanity to dry , gave it a second coat , I’m hoping to get it done by this week.
    Also will be replacing the heater and picking up some nice trim for the baseboard.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

A couple more lights in the never ending light saga stroked off the list today. A 3rd coat of poly on the table. It drys a bit slow in the cooler temperature in my shop, so I only get 1 a day in. I hope this is the last coat, then it’s on to do the second table.

Also got rid of 2 large garbage bags and a box of ceiling tiles I tore down. Dang those things can get heavy fast.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Okay 2nd coat is finished , toilet re installed , now I’ll be tackling the vanity , but just have to wait for the mud behind the vanity to dry , gave it a second coat , I’m hoping to get it done by this week.

Also will be replacing the heater and picking up some nice trim for the baseboard.

No 60″ flat screen LED TV inside that room while on the throne LOL!

Lmao it’s like 5×5 lol it was harder than redoing a bigger room , no friggin space placed the vanity in , not hooked up , because I gotta finish behind the vanity , still have to get a baseboard , my wife decided that the previous mirror is good , just have to replace the heater and the light fixture , plus I hated when they painted the air exchange grill , gotta get a new one ,
    Not the best pictures , I’ll post more when it’s done

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

LOL!
    My kids would like that.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

A couple more lights in the never ending light saga stroked off the list today.

I see you are staying busy. Putting up lights while a fairly task can eat up a lot of time going up and down the ladder.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Over the weekend I finally put the canoe up on the hoist so I have a little more room in the unheated section of the garage.

Will

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I put together cabinet wifey bought for the bathroom. After it was assembled I put in up in the bathroom. I had to make counter bore for bolt for the door knob alittle bigger. So the bolt could go threw the door. This way I could install the door knob.
    I did a few other jobs around the house yesterday. Trying to get stuff off the Honey Doo List.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Lmao it’s like 5×5 lol it was harder than redoing a bigger room , no friggin space placed the vanity in , not hooked up , because I gotta finish behind the vanity , still have to get a baseboard , my wife decided that the previous mirror is good , just have to replace the heater and the light fixture , plus I hated when they painted the air exchange grill , gotta get a new one ,

Got it! Was just kidding. One question though why did you do the switches boxes all in singe gang vertically stacked like this, were they added one by one over the years, have you considered just using one multiple gang box to house them all?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Now that I have the new bench grinder I decided it was a good time to put a camber on the blade of my #5. I use it as a fore plane. Thick shavings, open mouth. The 10″ radius of the camber now makes it’s transition to a fore plane complete. There isn’t much that looks better than a freshly sharpened blade.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Finally dug the sign-carving table out of storage. As this should be a relatively quick project for the carvings (just a couple nameplates for the grandson’s fishing rod holders) I just laid the table on top of the table saw.
    Didn’t really want to take the time to put the frame for the carving table together just to have to take it apart again in a few days.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Got it! Was just kidding. One question though why did you do the switches boxes all in singe gang vertically stacked like this, were they added one by one over the years, have you considered just using one multiple gang box to house them all?

Haha yeah I know. I’m just joking around also ,
    Honestly they were like that since they built the house, I guess they didn’t want someone trying to turn on the light switch if something like a cordless toothbrush was plugged in , or someone trying to turn on the air exchanger next to the plug or switch , I really don’t have a answer for that question , but it’s a good question , I’m not an electrician , but maybe it has something to do with code 🤷‍♂️ I know that plug is connected to the master bathroom GFCI ,

My grandson (14) and I spent time together the last couple of days making pens. It is an uncomplicated and safe way to expose him to the lathe. He amazed me with his skill, attention to learn, and his finished work. I am hoping he continues to want to learn out there in the shop. We finished 21 but I will just post a couple of pictures.

@Boschmanbrian
    , made a couple out of red and black palm wood. Pretty cool woods.

Wow those are very nice Lon. I’m loving the one I have from you , use it frequently
    Also my wife loved hers.

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 1,736 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.590 seconds