dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 2,766 total)
  • Author
    Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

We hit the road soon

Going where from where you were?
    North, south, left, right?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Installed 3 doors in a basement.
    That’s the outside door. The other 2 were inside.

Doing a lot of door work this year. Looks nice though.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

SOLD

Our buyers sold their place. The deal is a go. The clock is ticking for us to find a new place. We hit the road soon, so if I disappear, you know why, I’ll be back.

They asked to move the closing date to Oct 1 and we said no, keep it at the 23rd, but if we get a place sooner we can adjust. Papers are coming electronically to sign soon.

Congratz Jim! The next phase takes hold. Good luck! 👍

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Way to go Jim ! Now you have to find that new place soon!

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Getting things together for couple projects I need build before we move. I put a couple coats of WB Poly on the stove top cover.
    I got the word today I can go back work on Monday.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

I keep trying to get to put an order list of materials I need for my shed build and keep getting side-tracked with distractions and have to really get this going. Aaargh!

Tomorrow is another day to try AGAIN,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I keep trying to get to put an order list of materials I need for my shed build and keep getting side-tracked with distractions and have to really get this going. Aaargh!

I know how you feel. Today was the worst for being sidetrack. Dealing with phones calls.

Greg

Doobie

I know how you feel. Today was the worst for being sidetrack. Dealing with phones calls.

Yep. Stuck on the PC and phone til mid aft today. No pre-plan for that, it just happens at times being self-employed.

I did get a some stuff done yard wise today and hadn’t really posted of an old side gate fix I did a day or so ago.

Was an ongoing prob over the years and being a temp gate til I build that whole area for the new one one day, needed to be fixed up once again.

Re-bored the top hinge placemnt this time, and added a backer anti-racking ply panel with a gazillion pan/washer headed GRK screws to keep it from more easily sagging further.

This thing has been there since we moved in 20 years ago but all prior fixes involved mods to the short panel door. That had become no longer workable and it was the bigger swing gate that needed tending.

@doobie boy you’re neighbor has a nice fence , not sure about the colour , but I like the design ,
    I assume you will continue with the same style as you did for the side behind the shed you built a few years ago.

I have been trying to get someone to replace the 6×6 posts for our fence , and maybe a few fence panels and things
    Hard to get someone
    I definitely would do it , but with my shoulder being all banged up , I’d rather just have someone do that physical work ,

Topping up the distilled water container again , on the weekend they used about 60 gallons for the new machine that they installed a few months ago ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I got the word today I can go back work on Monday.

That’s good news right there. Enjoy the weekend, get some stuff done.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Trying to set up viewings.

The one we are calling the “Death House” I am trying to set up for Sunday. Next week I think we are hitting the road for parts unknown.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Yep. Stuck on the PC and phone til mid aft today. No pre-plan for that, it just happens at times being self-employed.

I did get a some stuff done yard wise today and hadn’t really posted of an old side gate fix I did a day or so ago.

Was an ongoing prob over the years and being a temp gate til I build that whole area for the new one one day, needed to be fixed up once again.

Re-bored the top hinge placemnt this time, and added a backer anti-racking ply panel with a gazillion pan/washer headed GRK screws to keep it from more easily sagging further.

This thing has been there since we moved in 20 years ago but all prior fixes involved mods to the short panel door. That had become no longer workable and it was the bigger swing gate that needed tending.

so the double gate one swings back and one swings front? Never seen that before. Our codes don’t allow that.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

ago.

I have been trying to get someone to replace the 6×6 posts for our fence , and maybe a few fence panels and things
    Hard to get someone
    I definitely would do it , but with my shoulder being all banged up , I’d rather just have someone do that physical work ,

Topping up the distilled water container again , on the weekend they used about 60 gallons for the new machine that they installed a few months ago ,

It seems like people don’t want to be bother with small jobs anymore. Few years ago my neighbor had a issue getting a retaining wall built. He figured it was due the size of the job. Some contractors wouldn’t return his calls. He manage to get a retaining wall built.

Greg

Doobie

so the double gate one swings back and one swings front? Never seen that before. Our codes don’t allow that.

As mentioned, it was part of the old fence when we moved here 20 years ago. What I still need of it is that ability to have that swing out panel still be able to swing out so I can navigate there a lot easier with loads of supplies for my builds and for wheelbarrow travels as needed. Once that era is over, it’s all gone.

It was looked at when we had a pool permit half a dozen years ago. They didn’t care about the fact it swung out completely like that, they just wanted to see it had that PITA spring load self-shutting ability on the door portion closest to the house wall.

Doobie

doobie boy you’re neighbor has a nice fence , not sure about the colour , but I like the design ,
    I assume you will continue with the same style as you did for the side behind the shed you built a few years ago.

Are you talking about that green painted fence portion?

The fence on both sides of my property was designed and installed by myself.

doobie boy you’re neighbor has a nice fence , not sure about the colour , but I like the design ,

Yes I was referring to the neighbors fence , but also asked if you were going to continue with the same design as the one you built last few years , just like the pictures you added , very nice fence by the way , how has it held up over a winter or two , looks great 👌

I just finished my updated course on lockout , I almost fell asleep lol
    Good thing it was only an hour

Doobie

Yes I was referring to the neighbors fence , but also asked if you were going to continue with the same design as the one you built last few years , just like the pictures you added , very nice fence by the way , how has it held up over a winter or two , looks great 👌

It’s held up very well except where that end post is where that double gate system is. That post has twisted badly and I’ll need to fix that when I do get to making the real four post gate system that will go there.

I recall many years ago now that some people told me that unlike 4X4 PT that 6X6 doesn’t twist near as much. Horse patewies to that notion. That stuff can twist pretty bad over time unless really super fastened down. Cedar would have been worth the extra cost in my mind now.

ago.

Hard to get someone

It seems like people don’t want to be bother with small jobs anymore. Few years ago my neighbor had a issue getting a retaining wall built. He figured it was due the size of the job. Some contractors wouldn’t return his calls. He manage to get a retaining wall built.

I know , but the funny thing is , I have minimum 14 6×6 post’s plus more than likely a few fence panels have to be replaced , plus the huge overgrown rock garden in the front , I want that removed , plus 3 little window wells made from patio stones that the earth and gravel probably moved , so they have to be redone , and I have a few more rock gardens I want the overgrown plants and shrubs removed
    It not a small job , it’s easily a few grand
    🤷‍♂️
    I just can’t do that with the condition of my shoulder , just the indoor Reno’s are hard enough to do with a banged up shoulder

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

ago.

Hard to get someone

I know , but the funny thing is , I have minimum 14 6×6 post’s plus more than likely a few fence panels have to be replaced , plus the huge overgrown rock garden in the front , I want that removed , plus 3 little window wells made from patio stones that the earth and gravel probably moved , so they have to be redone , and I have a few more rock gardens I want the overgrown plants and shrubs removed

It not a small job , it’s easily a few grand

🤷‍♂️

I just can’t do that with the condition of my shoulder , just the indoor Reno’s are hard enough to do with a banged up shoulder

I know what you mean. I guess that is a small job to some people. My neighbor’s retain wall was over $5000.00

Yesterday I sorted threw my stash of lumber. Then I rough thickness 70 BDFT of lumber for 2 projects I will be working on. After dinner I put together my bench grinder stand. When I finished the grinder stand I worked on the latch on my tailgate of my truck. It would open. But wouldn’t latch when closed. Seems like this happens every year. Then I went to the workshop clean up planer. I end the night in the shop working on installing led lights on old worklight stand.

Greg

@GTokley yeah I guess it’s not that big of a job for some people , i really wanted to get it done before winter 🤷‍♂️

Today I took the day off , first day of school for our daughter , drove her to her friends house. Then they walked to school , I tried out the pole saw , I’m amazed how easily it went threw the 4 to 5 inch diameter bigger branches ,
    And it’s not very noisy at all ,

Very impressed with the Ego pole saw so far ,

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 2,766 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.588 seconds