dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 661 through 680 (of 1,924 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Oh, got a couple of 10″ exterior barn lights at Canadian Tire and put them up. A little small but we like them. We may add a couple more on that wall and a couple on the back wall too. So that’s another job kinda done. Still have to fix up the wall and wife is looking at paint colours. Installing the boxes in the wall was the hardest part.

Went and picked up the shower walls today too, so that project is on going.

Electrician showed up today and put in the outlets for the washer and dryer. I have to patch the hole I put in the wall for the water and electric yet, and put a hole through the exterior wall for the dryer vent.

Pretty soon we will be almost able to live like normal people.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Hoya

When they flower the scent is very strong.

Thanks Jim they look beautiful , what type of smell does it have , obviously flowers , but something like a lilac , that’s my all-time favorite

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

what type of smell does it have

It’s a very heavy, flowery smell. It will fill the house up to the point that for a couple of days you want the windows open (good thing they bloom mostly in summer). Very sweet and fragrant and usually smells stronger at night. Geez it’s hard to describe a scent…lol. Ours is an Australia variety. There are a few varieties. They grow pretty easily but they have to be happy in their spot to bloom. They don’t like being touched or moved, so once you find a spot for it, leave it there.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice you are close to getting phase one done. I like reading about your progress. Nice plant too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Oh, got a couple of 10″ exterior barn lights at Canadian Tire and put them up. A little small but we like them. We may add a couple more on that wall and a couple on the back wall too. So that’s another job kinda done. Still have to fix up the wall and wife is looking at paint colours. Installing the boxes in the wall was the hardest part.

Went and picked up the shower walls today too, so that project is on going.

Electrician showed up today and put in the outlets for the washer and dryer. I have to patch the hole I put in the wall for the water and electric yet, and put a hole through the exterior wall for the dryer vent.

Sounds like moving along nicely.

I am sure this will be exciting to live like normal people.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Well looks like I will be off another week as have symptoms of Covid. My work won’t let return until I am symptoms free and have negative test results. My wife’s test results were negative. So she just had cold like my girls.

So I end up installing my Led security light outside. I also replaced the outlets and light switch in one of the bedrooms.

Greg

what type of smell does it have

It’s a very heavy, flowery smell. It will fill the house up to the point that for a couple of days you want the windows open (good thing they bloom mostly in summer). Very sweet and fragrant and usually smells stronger at night. Geez it’s hard to describe a scent…lol. Ours is an Australia variety. There are a few varieties. They grow pretty easily but they have to be happy in their spot to bloom. They don’t like being touched or moved, so once you find a spot for it, leave it there.

Lol , well you definitely did a great job describing it , thanks Jim
    Sorry if I derailed this thread 👍

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Well, we are doing laundry at our place now. One huge job off the list…..Note to self….when you hook up the washing maching for the last time, make sure you put the drain hose in the drain pipe…on the other hand, the floor is nice and clean now…lol.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

ote to self….when you hook up the washing maching for the last time, make sure you put the drain hose in the drain pipe

LOL, I have a standard procedure for hooking up a washing machine. The drain stand pipe must be occupied, either by the supply hoses or by the drain hose. When I first hook one up I have the supply hoses inside the pipe. This is so I can turn both valves on and flush whatever debris inside, when I pull them out I immediately insert the drain hose, then connect the supply hoses to the back of the WM. This way I will not forget.

I also plug a stopper into the kitchen sink drain when I work on piping, disposer, or whatever under the sink. This will prevent me from doing stupid things, such as setting a bucket under the p-trap, takes it apart, with all the gunk and water collected in the bucket, and without any hesitation takes the bucket and empty it into the kitchen sink above.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Well, we are doing laundry at our place now. One huge job off the list…..Note to self….when you hook up the washing maching for the last time, make sure you put the drain hose in the drain pipe…on the other hand, the floor is nice and clean now…lol.

Sounds like an ‘oops moment’ to me. Have those here on occasion also.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I have to figure out this shower now. The base we have is a different manufacturer than the wall system. We got a 36″ x 60″ base and could not find a wall system so I ordered some fiberglass panels that look like grey brick.
    So anyway, I order what I thought are just “panels”, they cost a fortune. two 48″ panels for the sides and a 60″ panel for the back. Turns out there is a difference between a “back” panel and a “side” panel and I ended up with 3 back panels. The difference is that the side panels come with connecting system hardware. So I have no hardware, but I do have 3 shelves. I am pretty sure, after mocking it up, that with some careful, accurate framing, a bit of construction adhesive, and imagination I can pull it off. It’s just going to take a bit of extra time to make sure the framing I build is dead on.
    First though I have to put in the pan. The drain ends up in a nice position but the floor isn’t level enough. I got the recommended concrete/sand mix to level the floor. The base has to be set in the wet concrete mix. I’m no concrete guy so I am a bit nervous about that part. Good thing it only needs a tiny bit to level.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have to figure out this shower now.

Hope you get it all worked out and watertight.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lol that’s funny , good thing you caught it and didn’t just walk away after starting up the washing machine lol ,

I actually use a zip tie to secure the drain pipe into the drain line , it actually happened to the tenants above our condo that it jumped out of the drain pipe when it was going through the drain process ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It seems like we have those moments once and while. I think I have a few since working on my new place.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Well, I didn’t get the bedding compound for the shower base done. But I did get the alcove framing in and an initial mock up to see how things will fit. It seems OK. Is there any such thing as a straight 2×4 these days?

Getting it to this point has us wondering on the placement of the toilet when it goes back in. We both want it on the left side of the room now. That means my plumbing has to be altered a bit…again, and the plumbing for the toilet drain wants to come down on a floor joist which also has a lot of wiring going through it. So, the job just got a bit more difficult, but we figure if we want to do it, let’s do it the way we really will be happy with it. I guess I will be doing some structure work to the floor while I’m at it…lol.

Attachments:
    Doobie

Is there any such thing as a straight 2×4 these days?

Came accross one the other day. Hung it up in my man cave to show others. Figure also the Smithsonian may want it one day 😅

Well, I didn’t get the bedding compound for the shower base done. But I did get the alcove framing in and an initial mock up to see how things will fit. It seems OK. Is there any such thing as a straight 2×4 these days?

Getting it to this point has us wondering on the placement of the toilet when it goes back in. We both want it on the left side of the room now. That means my plumbing has to be altered a bit…again, and the plumbing for the toilet drain wants to come down on a floor joist which also has a lot of wiring going through it. So, the job just got a bit more difficult, but we figure if we want to do it, let’s do it the way we really will be happy with it. I guess I will be doing some structure work to the floor while I’m at it…lol.

Hahaha yeah I think they use them for the shafts of the hockey 🏒 sticks lol

I think it’s actually a thing of the past lol ,
    Looks like it’s coming along albeit slowly
    But you are plumbing away (no pun intended )
    I think after it’s all finished , you may actually be bored Jim lol

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

There is but you pay a premium price for it. Big box stores to me get the worst grade ones. You go to a lumber yard and pay a premium price for a good one.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Only if you saw it yourself. LOL!!

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Spent a lot of time setting up a savings account at the local bank today. We are keeping with our old bank but as there is only 1 bank in town we decided we needed something handy just in case. We had 2 cheques we needed cashed from closing our Internet account and Hydro account down south. I guess they owed us some money…lol

Bought a whole bunch more plumbing parts to see the bathroom reno done (I hope). Mixed up some cement/sand mix and got it put down and the shower tray in place. Not my kind of work, I hope I did it right. It didn’t say how thick to put it down nor the consistency it should be. The pan is sitting level in it right now so we wait until tomorrow when it dries to see.

Viewing 20 posts - 661 through 680 (of 1,924 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.651 seconds