dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 2,489 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Continued working on a Timbertech deck. Good sized deck, around 15’x40′, stairs with intermediary landing…gonna be pretty sweet when it is finished.

That is one nice deck Chad, coming along very nicely.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

are blue nitrile gloves OK for working with acetone

Nitrile gloves will break down with any ketones so no. Try butyl gloves.

Yes , that’s what I use at work , butyl
    Gloves , I have to dip my hands and arms into an ammonium bifluoride solution , plus hold the parts with my hands while cleaning them with acetone ,
    Be careful using acetone , must be in a well ventilated area ,

@ChadM just responded to your post 😭 but it’s in lock 🔐 up lol

Continued working on a Timbertech deck. Good sized deck, around 15’x40′, stairs with intermediary landing…gonna be pretty sweet when it is finished.

27270365367277 by Chad McDade[/url], on Flickr

27270365367323 by Chad McDade[/url], on Flickr

27270365374011 by Chad McDade[/url], on Flickr

27270365375235 by Chad McDade[/url], on Flickr

27270365405076 by Chad McDade[/url], on Flickr

WOW , that looks beautiful so far Chad , nice contrast in colour ,
    Will they stain the posts , or will they get covered in post caps or wrapped up
    What about the railing , what did they decide to do with the railing

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

@Boschmanbrian I got your post out of lock up.

The posts get composite sleeves that are the same color as the stair risers, the railing will also be that same color. Every other post will get a low voltage lighted post cap and every other riser will get a low voltage riser light.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

The posts get composite sleeves that are the same color as the stair risers, the railing will also be that same color. Every other post will get a low voltage lighted post cap and every other riser will get a low voltage riser light.

Thanks for unlocking my post ,
    That should look great , I’ve never done any composite decking , do the posts come ready to slide on the wood , or do you have to make them ,

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Thanks for unlocking my post ,

That should look great , I’ve never done any composite decking , do the posts come ready to slide on the wood , or do you have to make them ,

The ones we are using are premade sleeves that just slide over the post.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Just a light day today.

Meaning…

I took it fairly easy…and also…I changed the light in the bathroom. Putting in the box behind it was the hardest part.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Also I made a adapter for my paint extension pole from an old roller to use as an extension hand to place the Christmas lights outside

That sounds very useful. Good luck with that tree.

Thanks Bill ,
    It was higher than I thought lol , my painting extender is about 7 or 8 foot long , plus my reach , but I still had to climb up the 7 foot step ladder about 5 feet
    It worked okay , but I had to laugh , after I put them up , changed my tires , then pulled out the rest of the leafs in the pool , while I was using the pool stick I realized that it’s much longer than my painting pole 😲🤷‍♂️🤫
    Oh well , I definitely will be using the pool stick next year lol , it’s probably 12 to 14 feet long ,

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Up to my armpits in plumbing again. Just trying to prepare for the shower install. I got the toilet removed so far and the line pointing in the right direction for when it goes back in. Just taking a coffee break and then it’s time to figure out the shower placement so I can get the lines started in that direction. I am just installing T’s and then a ball valve for now to terminate the feed. That way I can turn the home’s water back on and don’t have to shut it off again when the final hook up is ready to do.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

….and done. Got some levelling compound in the hole where the toilet was. I will have to build it up over a few days.

Had one small leak that I more or less expected when I turned the water on. Took about 5 minutes to fix. I just had to add an extension to a pipe to get the angle proper and that did it.

One T connection was pretty close to the distribution box for the electric so I taped up a big plastic piece over it before I cut into the pipe. I hate trying to mix water and electricity.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I should have quit with the plumbing.

I decided to take down one of the 8′ flourescent fixtures in the living room. There were about 6 screws holding it to the wall (panelling on studes) which came out not too badly. BUT…they added two 3 1/2″ framing nails to it!! No way to pull it without destroying the fixture so here I go up on a ladder with the angle grinder to take the head off. Got it down and there is a 2″ x 4′ gap between the upper and lower panelling (11′ ceilings) behind the fixture, no box and the wires where I didn’t want them to be (naturally). So, up on the ladder with the OMT, cut a hole for the box (I bought some previously thinking of this exact thing), get the wire fed and the box screwed to a stud. Then I put up our expensive light we bought and we hate it. It’s in the wrong place, even though we have another to go on the other side of the door, it is too small, and the colour temperature is too warm. So, it’s staying there until we decide what to do about the whole situation.

Just for kicks, a couple of shots with it on and off…you can see the big hole to the right of it. Wife has been taking down the wallpaper boarder and the TV is taken down too. You can see the wall mount bracket for the TV.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

….and done. Got some levelling compound in the hole where the toilet was. I will have to build it up over a few days.

Had one small leak that I more or less expected when I turned the water on. Took about 5 minutes to fix. I just had to add an extension to a pipe to get the angle proper and that did it.

One T connection was pretty close to the distribution box for the electric so I taped up a big plastic piece over it before I cut into the pipe. I hate trying to mix water and electricity.

Sounds like you are getting lots done Jim!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I should have quit with the plumbing.

I decided to take down one of the 8′ flourescent fixtures in the living room. There were about 6 screws holding it to the wall (panelling on studes) which came out not too badly. BUT…they added two 3 1/2″ framing nails to it!! No way to pull it without destroying the fixture so here I go up on a ladder with the angle grinder to take the head off. Got it down and there is a 2″ x 4′ gap between the upper and lower panelling (11′ ceilings) behind the fixture, no box and the wires where I didn’t want them to be (naturally). So, up on the ladder with the OMT, cut a hole for the box (I bought some previously thinking of this exact thing), get the wire fed and the box screwed to a stud. Then I put up our expensive light we bought and we hate it. It’s in the wrong place, even though we have another to go on the other side of the door, it is too small, and the colour temperature is too warm. So, it’s staying there until we decide what to do about the whole situation.

Just for kicks, a couple of shots with it on and off…you can see the big hole to the right of it. Wife has been taking down the wallpaper boarder and the TV is taken down too. You can see the wall mount bracket for the TV.

Sounds like you had a great time taking it off lol

I’m sure it’s coming along nicely Jim , guess being a church , those big or I should say long f tube lights were good , but definitely nice to start getting it to your liking.

I finally got my mil car in the garage , just a few more things then I can get my wife’s car in the garage ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Just a light day today.

JDO glad you finally got the light installed but sometimes what looks good in the box doesn’t always look good in the house. You’ll get it figured out though.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

what looks good in the box doesn’t always look good in the house.

It’s still a beautiful light. Just not at that location. It’s going over the vanity in the bathroom when I get the box moved now.

We have to adjust our sense of scale. After 18 years of living in a mobile home we are accustomed to small things having a big visual impact. Here, not so much. My wife’s Hoya plant used to dominate the room, now it virtually dissappears in the new living room.

Of course this is now giving me ideas for trim. A simple pine plate rail to hide the seam they left the gap in (and didn’t paint), big classic crown molding, tall base board, etc.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

We have to adjust our sense of scale. After 18 years of living in a mobile home we are accustomed to small things having a big visual impact. Here, not so much. My wife’s Hoya plant used to dominate the room, now it virtually dissappears in the new living room.

Sounds like this will be a learning curve as you have alot more space then you did.
    That’s funny how wife’s plant virtually has now disappeared. I hope she doesn’t forget to water it. LOL!!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

what looks good in the box doesn’t always look good in the house.

It’s still a beautiful light. Just not at that location. It’s going over the vanity in the bathroom when I get the box moved now.

Of course this is now giving me ideas for trim. A simple pine plate rail to hide the seam they left the gap in (and didn’t paint), big classic crown molding, tall base board, etc.

Sounds like you have a couple of great ideas , definitely going to be an upgrade from what it used to be , what’s a Hoya plant Jim 🤷‍♂️

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Sounds like you may get lost in all that space! ha ha.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Hoya

When they flower the scent is very strong.

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 2,489 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.864 seconds