dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 2,203 total)
  • Author

Hard to get a photo in the narrow dark hallway in the evening, but this is the extension to the furnace closet I completed today.

It included trimming the closet (pantry) closest with the white door and trimming the bedroom doorway at the end of the hall, both sides. The extension has the brown vented door on it you can barely make out next to the bedroom door. It kicks out from the wall a few inches. I made it blend with the door jamb to the bedroom so it blends better.

Looks good Jim , to bad about having to do all the extra work , but it’s done now , hopefully you guys can get it sold in the next little while.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

hopefully you guys can get it sold in the next little while

We have it sold with the condition that the buyer can sell their home by Sept 4. They shouldn’t have a hard time doing that as it’s in a hot market area. The waiting is driving us nuts though. I don’t know which is worse, that, or having strangers come through the house.

Of course then we have to go on tour to find a new place. We have a bunch around the province we want to check out. That may be stessful too as it may take most of a day of driving to get to some of these places. We are planning a week or two of living out of a suitcase, and we are both home bodies who don’t like going out much. Vacation for us is being at home.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We have it sold with the condition that the buyer can sell their home by Sept 4.

Hopefully you can find that perfect place in that time period, good luck.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We have it sold with the condition that the buyer can sell their home by Sept 4. They shouldn’t have a hard time doing that as it’s in a hot market area. The waiting is driving us nuts though. I don’t know which is worse, that, or having strangers come through the house.

Of course then we have to go on tour to find a new place. We have a bunch around the province we want to check out. That may be stessful too as it may take most of a day of driving to get to some of these places. We are planning a week or two of living out of a suitcase, and we are both home bodies who don’t like going out much. Vacation for us is being at home.

Well I hope it works out for you guys ,
    That’s definitely stressful ,
    Yeah I’ve been in a similar situation a few times ,
    I never really liked having those open home showings , especially since we were living in the house at the time , with two small dogs , and a 2 and a half year old daughter , that was kinda juggling things around , I don’t think I could go through that again ,
    And we are very similar to you and your wife , we are home bodies also ,

I’m wishing you guys all the best , it’s definitely hard , that’s what they say moving is one of the top 5 stressful events in life ,
    On the other hand , I actually liked going to visit Houses and or model homes , basically it was more of looking at certain style and Ideas of how they design and layout and so on.

Sending you positive vibes Jim 👊👍🙏

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That is great news that you have your place sold. Your right the market is hot right now. I am sure the waiting could drive you nuts.
    I know how you feel in way. As I am still waiting to get into our new place. We have another month to take ownership of our new place.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 2 basement windows.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Picked up some BB ply today for the bedside table drawers. If anyone had done small ‘hidden’ cabinet drawers – I would greatly appreciate hearing how you designed them.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Another day researching homes for sale online. Tiring. We removed 2 from our list we had high hopes for due to lack of internet access at the locations.

Doobie

Another day researching homes for sale online. Tiring. We removed 2 from our list we had high hopes for due to lack of internet access at the locations.

Jim, Tesla/Monk applied some momths ago to our gov for offering a reasonable sattelite internet service Canada wide for remote regions. You may want to look into that further.

@JimDaddyO

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Enjoying my time off work. What more can I say. I got few hours in the shop. Made wifey a Stove top cover out of some out pine shorts stored a away. End the day with campfire. Something I haven’t did while.

Greg

Enjoying my time off work. What more can I say. I got few hours in the shop. Made wifey a Stove top cover out of some out pine shorts stored a away. End the day with campfire. Something I haven’t did while.

It’s amazing how that thing called work gets in the way of getting things done around home lol

Enjoy the time off , I’m sure you’re family is happy to have Dad home 👍

I actually called in yesterday , I told my boss , to give me the day off , in return for the day I went to the shop while I was in vacation.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

End the day with campfire. Something I haven’t did while.

Now that sounds like a nice end to a day. Glad you enjoyed your time off.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It’s amazing how that thing called work gets in the way of getting things done around home lol

Enjoy the time off , I’m sure you’re family is happy to have Dad home 👍

I actually called in yesterday , I told my boss , to give me the day off , in return for the day I went to the shop while I was in vacation.

It is amazing how gets in the ways of things. Oh I planning on enjoying my time off. The timing is perfect. My wife is able to get things done with her work without having worry about child care. Her work is planning on opening up to the public next month.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

reasonable sattelite internet service

We did look into that. Slow, expensive, and prone to interuptions. Much like sattelite TV, a cloudy day can interupt service. We use the internet a lot, so we need good reliable service that won’t cost an arm and a leg. Just uploading my videos would be a chore.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

We did look into that. Slow, expensive, and prone to interuptions

That doesn’t sound good to me.

Much like sattelite TV, a cloudy day can interupt service.

The only time I had issues with satellite tv is when it is raining really hard or snowing. Oh yeah when my neighbor’s tree was blocking the signal

Even in the little country town I live in it is really hard to have good internet.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

we had high hopes for due to lack of internet access at the locations.

That would be a deal breaker for me as well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 3 doors in a basement.
    That’s the outside door. The other 2 were inside.

Attachments:
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

SOLD

Our buyers sold their place. The deal is a go. The clock is ticking for us to find a new place. We hit the road soon, so if I disappear, you know why, I’ll be back.

They asked to move the closing date to Oct 1 and we said no, keep it at the 23rd, but if we get a place sooner we can adjust. Papers are coming electronically to sign soon.

<strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”>

SOLD

Our buyers sold their place. The deal is a go. The clock is ticking for us to find a new place. We hit the road soon, so if I disappear, you know why, I’ll be back.

They asked to move the closing date to Oct 1 and we said no, keep it at the 23rd, but if we get a place sooner we can adjust. Papers are coming electronically to sign soon.

🥳🥳 Wohoooo congratulations Jim and Mrs Jim lol
    Happy to hear that.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

SOLD

Congrats on the sale of your home. That is great news. Good luck on the hunt for a new place.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 2,203 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.735 seconds