dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,593 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

GTokley wrote:
    Boschmanbrian wrote:

@GTokley
    hopefully your family is okay , fingers crossed it was not the Corona and just a bad cold /flu

Stay safe

Thanks Brian! My wife’s test results came back negative today. So it looks she didn’t have Covid-19.

Well that’s great news Greg

Yes it is great news.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My back finally let me get the mulch done. Took me 3 days but I am trying to get moving again.

Glad to see you are up and around. Take it slow.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yard day here , I gotta do some weeding in the patio area , that and the usual cut the grass , and trim some shrubs , looks like I’m the only one that can bend down to pick out weed’s 🙄🤷‍♂️🤪

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

To be on the safe site I went got test for Covid-19 as I started to have symptoms the same as my wife had. The symptoms only lasted a day. After a phone conversation I decided it was best to get tested. If I didn’t get tested I had to isolate for 14 days. Now that I test and if symptom free for 24 hrs I am good to go back to work. Only if HR gives me the green light.

Greg

Doobie

Yard day here , I gotta do some weeding in the patio area , that and the usual cut the grass , and trim some shrubs , looks like I’m the only one that can bend down to pick out weed’s 🙄🤷‍♂️🤪

I just use Round-Up. A week later, they’re all dead and either easy pickens or disappear on their own.

I just use Round-Up. A week later, they’re all dead and either easy pickens or disappear on their own.

Yeah I know , I really wanted to use something like that , but having 2 dog’s and 2 cat’s that use the yard , and also lay down on the patio , then on our couch and bed , I figured better be safe and not using anything harsh , I have tried vinegar and salt with dish soap , it actually works pretty good , but you just have to make sure it’s not going to rain for at least 4 days or something like that ,

@GTokley
    hope you are okay , and everything works out for you ,
    We have had two more cases of covid19 on the shop floor again in manufacturing.
    I really hope they come out with a vaccine soon.
    Especially with school starting up again 🙄🤷‍♂️

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

To be on the safe site I went got test for Covid-19

I hope that comes back negative. Wishing a good outcome for you both.

Today I am putting on the finish on the furnace closet extension that I was supposed to get at 2 days ago. I usually buy water based poly but this time I picked up oil based by accident. It’s supposed to be fast drying, we will see. A bit more smell to it but it ought to cut down on sanding as it shouldn’t raise the grain like water based. It also imparts a bit of an amber hue, so it blends in with the older stuff better.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I just use Round-Up.

No Monsanto brands here. Glyphosphate is under scrutiny as a cancer causing agent, and besides, Monsanto is kind of a creepy company on top of that. We have had good luck with the vinegar/salt/dish soap solution. Takes a bit longer but it works.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I just use Round-Up.

No Monsanto brands here. Glyphosphate is under scrutiny as a cancer causing agent, and besides, Monsanto is kind of a creepy company on top of that. We have had good luck with the vinegar/salt/dish soap solution. Takes a bit longer but it works.

You and Kevin are neighbors. More or less.
    Same province.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

GTokley wrote:

Thanks Jim! Just waiting for my test results. Got word from work today. Looks like I will be off for the next 14 days. Pita!

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

You and Kevin are neighbors. More or less.

Yeah, probably only about a 4 hour drive away…lol.

Reminded me of my aunt and uncle coming over from England the first time when I was a kid. My parents picked them up in Toronto and drove them to our house near Sudbury. About 1/2 way through the trip they asked if they were still in the same country. They were astounded to find they were still in the same province. The sheer scale of Canada is incomprehesible to many Europeans.

I just use Round-Up.

Yeah that’s another reason why I won’t use that product any longer.

GTokley wrote:

Thanks Jim! Just waiting for my test results. Got word from work today. Looks like I will be off for the next 14 days. Pita!

Oh well , I believe you can either collect UI or will they pay you for being on sick leave 🤷‍♂️
    Hope it works out for you.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

GTokley wrote:

Oh well , I believe you can either collect UI or will they pay you for being on sick leave 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I can collect Cerb payments. I will know more next week.

Greg

GTokley wrote:

Yeah I can collect Cerb payments. I will know more next week.

Well that’s good , hopefully it goes well , I bet it will be nice to be home for a few days though 👍 I bet your daughters are happy to have Dad home. Check with the rep if you are union , I thought that if the company telling you to stay home , I thought they had to pay you because it was them telling you to stay home , I’m not sure about all the laws and so on ,
    That’s not what is important anyway. The most important thing is that you are negative 👍
    For covid19.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I thought that if the company telling you to stay home , I thought they had to pay you because it was them telling you to stay home , I’m not sure about all the laws and so on ,
    That’s not what is important anyway. The most important thing is that you are negative
    For covid19.

I am not about this. Probably just easier apply for Cerb. It will be nice to be home with girls for few days.

Greg

I thought that if the company telling you to stay home , I thought they had to pay you because it was them telling you to stay home , I’m not sure about all the laws and so on ,

That’s not what is important anyway. The most important thing is that you are negative

For covid19.

I am not about this. Probably just easier apply for Cerb. It will be nice to be home with girls for few days.

Yeah that’s what I figured also

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Hard to get a photo in the narrow dark hallway in the evening, but this is the extension to the furnace closet I completed today.

It included trimming the closet (pantry) closest with the white door and trimming the bedroom doorway at the end of the hall, both sides. The extension has the brown vented door on it you can barely make out next to the bedroom door. It kicks out from the wall a few inches. I made it blend with the door jamb to the bedroom so it blends better.

Attachments:
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Hard to get a photo in the narrow dark hallway in the evening, but this is the extension to the furnace closet I completed today.

It included trimming the closet (pantry) closest with the white door and trimming the bedroom doorway at the end of the hall, both sides. The extension has the brown vented door on it you can barely make out next to the bedroom door. It kicks out from the wall a few inches. I made it blend with the door jamb to the bedroom so it blends better.

It turned out pretty good. I would guess most people wouldn’t notice that it was a add on. Nice work. Hopefully there be no more surprise projects for this place. The next projects will at your new home.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Today I am putting on the finish on the furnace closet extension that I was supposed to get at 2 days ago. I usually buy water based poly but this time I picked up oil

Oh well at least you were able to make it work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,593 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.755 seconds