dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 2,766 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Good point, better put a sturdy tall step ladder on the list.

I was kind of thinking a small electric scissors lift work platform. I wonder how small you can get them? It would help for years of projects I will need to do, both inside and outside.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Will these additions be available to employees and future customers also , kinda like a show room of sorts.

Yeah, the kitchenette is for the office staff – essentially a break room for them. The full kitchen is a show room and is also used as a functional kitchen – mostly for food prep for company meetings/parties. The offices will house one new designer and create larger offices for two current designers.

There is also a large file storage area in the remodel and a tool/material storage overflow area. All the floors of the building are serviced by a freight elevator – that makes it easy to be able to move around tools and other large items.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Good point, better put a sturdy tall step ladder on the list.

I was kind of thinking a small electric scissors lift work platform. I wonder how small you can get them? It would help for years of projects I will need to do, both inside and outside.

You can get lifts for just one person. I have seen these lifts used before. I think they would be good for tight areas.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Will these additions be available to employees and future customers also , kinda like a show room of sorts.

Yeah, the kitchenette is for the office staff – essentially a break room for them. The full kitchen is a show room and is also used as a functional kitchen – mostly for food prep for company meetings/parties. The offices will house one new designer and create larger offices for two current designers.

There is also a large file storage area in the remodel and a tool/material storage overflow area. All the floors of the building are serviced by a freight elevator – that makes it easy to be able to move around tools and other large items.

Nice , sounds like a great place to work , that’s a great feature having a freight elevator , must be nice having a tool storage area also.

Today I really didn’t do anything , just don’t feel and have any energy , guess that stressful week caught up with me , just had no energy right now.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Today I really didn’t do anything , just don’t feel and have any energy

Same here. Just finished my 6 th night shift this morning. Pretty much knock the crap out of me. I have had 1 day off in the last 12 days.
    Yesterday we signed the mortgage papers for a new house. Just 11 more days to go. It has been quite a journey. We started looking for houses in March and bought this place in June. We plan on moving in the middle of October.

Greg

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Another couple hours packing up smaller stuff in the shop to move to storage, and then moving things around a bit to get back to the current project tomorrow morning.
    Gotta get these bedside tables finished and ready for delivery.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Another couple hours packing up smaller stuff in the shop to move to storage

Always a big job packing stuff up, deciding what you need and what you can store. Hope you can make good use of the new space.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Not much on the agenda for today…Have a couple small jobs at my parent’s house to do then I will probably straighten up the work van a bit then maybe jump on the motorcycle for a ride.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Same here. Just finished my 6 th night shift this morning. Pretty much knock the crap out of me. I have had 1 day off in the last 12 days.

Yesterday we signed the mortgage papers for a new house. Just 11 more days to go. It has been quite a journey. We started looking for houses in March and bought this place in June. We plan on moving in the middle of October.

Yeah I remember days or I should say weeks like that , it’s definitely not easy on the body and mind , now I guess you can say I’m in pre retirement mode lol

Moving day is getting closer, will you be moving yourself with family and friends , or just hiring movers ,
    I’ve done it both ways ,
    It’s fun with family and friends , but also nice to hire movers ,

I’ll be starting to think about closing down the irrigation system and pool eventually , last week I turned off the pool heater , it went from 82 to 63 in a few days , this is the sad part of fall
    Also will send in the money for the snow removal contract ,
    I really hope it’s a short and fast winter 🙄

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

GTokley wrote:
    Boschmanbrian wrote:

Yeah I remember days or I should say weeks like that , it’s definitely not easy on the body and mind , now I guess you can say I’m in pre retirement mode lol

Yes your right it isn’t easy on the body and mind. My company has offer 4 hours lieu time on top of 8 hours ot worked til the 27 of Sept. I am planning on using my lieu hours at Christmas time.

Moving day is getting closer, will you be moving yourself with family and friends , or just hiring movers ,
    I’ve done it both ways ,

We will be moving ourselves with family and friends. The plan is to move alot of the small items when we go there to work on the place. My Dad who just turned 80 this year has stopped in my place wondering when we are moving. He really wants to help us move. He reminds me of his Dad.

Greg

GTokley wrote:

Boschmanbrian wrote:

Yes your right it isn’t easy on the body and mind. My company has offer 4 hours lieu time on top of 8 hours ot worked til the 27 of Sept. I am planning on using my lieu hours at Christmas time.

I’ve done it both ways ,

We will be moving ourselves with family and friends. The plan is to move alot of the small items when we go there to work on the place. My Dad who just turned 80 this year has stopped in my place wondering when we are moving. He really wants to help us move. He reminds me of his Dad.

Yeah that’s what we have also , it’s called bank time , we can choose how much of our overtime we want to keep as bank time , then we can take it as time off ,

Wow nice to hear that your Dad is still looking forward to helping you guys move , especially at 80 , I sure hope I’ll be able to stay active and in pretty decent shape at 80.
    Obviously he’s not going to be lifting anything like a fridge or washing machine , but still , just to have him around is great 💪🙏

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yeah that’s what we have also , it’s called bank time , we can choose how much of our overtime we want to keep as bank time , then we can take it as time off

I had bank time one place I use work. It was different. We had bank ot hours worked. My present company only offers this once and awhile. We get paid for 8 OT work and get 4 hours bonus lieu time for every 8 hours worked. So really we getting 12 hours. This only happens once in blue moon when there is push for sugar quota that ends at the end of September.

Wow nice to hear that your Dad is still looking forward to helping you guys move , especially at 80 , I sure hope I’ll be able to stay active and in pretty decent shape at 80.
    Obviously he’s not going to be lifting anything like a fridge or washing machine , but still , just to have him around is great

My Dad has been pretty active. He walks everyday. He mainly walks in the woods as he lives in the country. He has done this for over 40 years. He goes hunting every year also. He also rides his bicycle on the back roads house.
    He will be helping with light stuff. But I am sure he will try and move the washer & dryer.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I am slowly getting the answer to the question “Just how much crap can you accumulate in a 1000 sq ft home?”. Not that I wanted to ask that question.
    Went out and bought more totes today. Looked at a trailer but no one at the business was availible with a price. Still not sure if I need a hitch installed. The bumper hitch is pretty high on the truck. I believe it’s rated to pull 5000 lb with a 500 lb tongue weight.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Not much on the agenda for today…Have a couple small jobs at my parent’s house to do then I will probably straighten up the work van a bit then maybe jump on the motorcycle for a ride.

Get it in while the weather is still nice! Been driving a bit around on my 72v scooter recently but that’s nothing like the hog your riding : D

G2 is coming up this November and then I can drive by myself, lol. Got the scooter because with Covid-19 I wanted to keep my viral load as low as possible and avoid Public Transit. The scooter goes about 50+ kmh and 50+ distance on lead acid batteries. Lithium ion would be an upgrade.

A Working Pro since 2004

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Another couple hours packing up smaller stuff in the shop to move to storage

Always a big job packing stuff up, deciding what you need and what you can store. Hope you can make good use of the new space.

Especially when getting moved is based on so many things – including the right place coming on the market here. And then the shop space will be determined by either what is on the property – or where one can be built.
    Should be fun… 🙂

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I repainted the top on the dresser. I wasn’t happy with way it looked. Then I did my Shou Sugi Ban to frame of the TV stand/Console table. It turned pretty good. It has been something I have been want to do to a project. After wire brushing charred wood off I applied a coat of BLO.

Greg

I repainted the top on the dresser. I wasn’t happy with way it looked. Then I did my Shou Sugi Ban to frame of the TV stand/Console table. It turned pretty good. It has been something I have been want to do to a project. After wire brushing charred wood off I applied a coat of BLO.

Looks good , 👍

Back in the shop today , they did their yearly maintenance on the building , everything was shut down , just called in security for the Hot work permit , will be doing some glass blowing , but before, I’ll replace the methane and oxy tanks.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am slowly getting the answer to the question “Just how much crap can you accumulate in a 1000 sq ft home?”.

Betcha it is more than you thought. LOL Packing stuff up can be a pain and is very time consuming.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am slowly getting the answer to the question “Just how much crap can you accumulate in a 1000 sq ft home?”. Not that I wanted to ask that question.

Went out and bought more totes today. Looked at a trailer but no one at the business was availible with a price. Still not sure if I need a hitch installed. The bumper hitch is pretty high on the truck. I believe it’s rated to pull 5000 lb with a 500 lb tongue weight.

Hahaha yeah , my wife and I were discussing that one day , she asked me how many friggin drills do you need 🙄🤭
    I turned right around and answered her , how many friggin frying 🍳 pan’s do you need 🙄🤷‍♂️
    I still have the marks on the back of my head 🤭🤭🤭🤫

It’s amazing how much stuff or junk we accumulate over the years ,

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I would have thought you knew better Brian! ha ha You should just say I need them all .

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 2,766 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.344 seconds