dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,641 through 2,660 (of 2,766 total)
  • Author
    asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Went in to work this morning for a few hours to cut up the 54(x2)treads and risers for this coming weeks stair re&re, plus repaired a screw up I made on the previous stairs. I hung the stringers one inch too high and had to cut them free and drop them to where it needed to be.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

I’m going to cut the grass and change the tires on my MIL. Car today , plus clear one side of the garage so she can start parking inside the garage ,
    I’ll have to make another run to the echo center to drop off some things for recycling

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

One of my neighbours came over and put the cap on the metal roof today. He’s the one that did my septic system. Great guy. I am going to get him to do the rest of the roofing next year. He’s booked solid this year.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

Got some more work done of Shed Build II. Working finally on the most challenging side which is the most visible. Meds for muscle relaxants and painkillers are done now, so Mr Dopey Doobie is now a bit more clear headed.

Set up the end trim pieces, laid a starter row of 5/16ths thick PVC and then started to install the Hardie Plank siding. Got as far as the window and at least installed the bottom trim PVC piece for the window surround with No More Nails Wet Grab to seal any water ingress there. Gotta let it set a bit before removing the big Vise C clamps as we are expecting rain overnite that will run til Wednesday by the looks of it right now.

Pics were taken at dusk, sorry.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

One of my neighbours came over and put the cap on the metal roof today. He’s the one that did my septic system. Great guy. I am going to get him to do the rest of the roofing next year. He’s booked solid this year.

Sounds like a good neighbor to have. That’s good you have him booked to do your roof in the spring.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My weekend didn’t quite as planned. I was home with girls as wifey when to her Crafting retreat with 19 other ladies. The retreat was a huge success. The wood slices and the parts I made for the sleighs were well like.
    I started doing odd jobs around the house when I decide I should find out where the oil is leaking from my truck. I turns out it is a hole in the oil pan. Not good. Hole is much bigger then a pin hole. Now I need to find a garage that can replace it. Too big of a job for me to do it.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Door repair today. Replacing a section of the edge of a hollow core door where someone tried, and failed, to install a flush mount sliding lock on the bottom corner.

My weekend didn’t quite as planned. I was home with girls as wifey when to her Crafting retreat with 19 other ladies. The retreat was a huge success. The wood slices and the parts I made for the sleighs were well like.

I started doing odd jobs around the house when I decide I should find out where the oil is leaking from my truck. I turns out it is a hole in the oil pan. Not good. Hole is much bigger then a pin hole. Now I need to find a garage that can replace it. Too big of a job for me to do it.

Oh geeze , that’s not good about the oil pan , hope you find a place to get it done ,

Good news about your wife’s craft retreat ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Oh geeze , that’s not good about the oil pan , hope you find a place to get it done ,

No it is not good. Timing is really bad as I am going away next week. It goes in the garage in 2 weeks.

I cleaned up & patched the oil pan today. Hoping this stop the leak so I can drive to the garage.

Good news about your wife’s craft retreat ,

Yes it was great new. She was really happy about it. She put alot of hard work into it.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Went out and bought 12 2x4x8′ and 2 2x6x12′ today. About $120. That’s still pretty high. I am going to build a workbench for “dirty” work so I can stop using my Roubo for that. Going to mount the big metal vise on it. Bench grinder will sit beside it on it’s stand, and the bench top drill press may even join them.

Finally, a shop project and a project just for me.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I got some 2×6’s edge trimmed and glued up. It’s cold in the shop so I am using PL Premium. It will take overnight to set and I’m doing it in stages so it will take a while to build this workbench.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I started off the week trying to get my truck into garage to have the oil pan replaced. I called 2 garages to started. The first garage couldn’t get me in til the 9th The second garage said he could fit me in on the 1st or 2nd. So I made the appointment with 2nd garage.
    Right now I have oil pan that holds no oil. I cleaned up the oil pan with some brake cleaner. I also used a heat gun burn off some of the oil that was under some rusty sections of the oil pan. I scuffed the oil pan with coarse grit sandpaper. Then clean with brake cleaner. Then I applied some JB Weld steel to the bottom of the oil pan where the hole was. Yesterday after the JB Weld had time to cure. I put oil back in the motor and the oil pan seems to be holding oil just find. This quick fix just has to get me down to the garage.

Yesterday I change the oil in the Atv. Then wifey put a requests to have me make some triangles from wood to act as Christmas trees and cut out more parts for sleighs. She wants these for a Craft sale she is going too next weekend. I made parts for 7 sleighs last week. One sleigh was a porotype and the other 6 were for a Class she taught at her Craft Retreat.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I am going to build a workbench for “dirty” work so I can stop using my Roubo for that. Going to mount the big metal vise on it. Bench grinder will sit beside it on it’s stand, and the bench top drill press may even join them.

That’s a great I idea. You don’t want get your Roubo a dirty for woodworking.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

You don’t want get your Roubo a dirty for woodworking.

It already is getting some nasty marks on it. But, I have to do some work on the chainsaw and I’ve drawn the line there. I don’t want such things on my roubo and I need a place for dirty work, and more horizontal surfaces to gather stuff I didn’t put away properly…lol.

I forgot to pick up some more PL Premium glue, but I had just enough for today’s glue up. Now I have 4 boards edge glued together for the top. One more to do. I am adding a 2×4 for a little extra depth to the top.

Doobie

Finished most of the trim around the side window on my shed. I’m gonna wait to finish cap off the top with the drip flashing until I can get to that point with the siding.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Last bit of glue up on the workbench top today. Just a 2×4 edge glued on. PL premium I give overnight to cure before I take the clamps off, so it’s a slow process. The top is 4 2×6’s with the edges trimmed so the corners are square, and a 2×4 all edge glued together. It came out at 24 1/4″ which is pretty good considering I wanted about 24″. Tomorrow I will give it a bit of a sanding to even out the glue joints and figure out where the vise will go so I can put a leg right under it. Then start making the base from 2×4’s.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

OH! I almost forgot to mention that today is the 1 year anniversary of us moving into this place. Wow, that went fast. I guess it’s been busy.

OH! I almost forgot to mention that today is the 1 year anniversary of us moving into this place. Wow, that went fast. I guess it’s been busy.

Wow already one year , congratulations Jim , you guys have definitely been busy , and made lots of updates and improvements.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I took the top out of the clamps from its final glue up. Since the long and tedious part was done I figured I would work on the base. Pretty much finished it up. Minor details like putting something for the lower shelf and a board across the back to stop things from falling off it. I even got the vise mounted. I just blew some nails in it with the framing gun to put it together.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Got some wood on the bottom shelf of the new workbench and a “backsplash” put on it so I could screw it to the wall. Ended up rearranging much of the shop to put it in place.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,641 through 2,660 (of 2,766 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.359 seconds