dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,581 through 2,600 (of 2,766 total)
  • Author
    asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Continued working on replacing a 4 level stairwell in a local commercial build.
    I’ve been away from commercial for a seemingly long time and forgot that the constraints for rise and run are much different than residential.
    Found that our the hard way…. Had to remove one half set of stairs after exceeding the allowable rise by a quarter inch.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I also sprayed some penetrating oil on the U bolts and front suspension components as when I go in for the winter tires on the 12th I am going to have them remove the slight lift kit out of it and bring it back to stock ride height.

Is this lift that you want removed. Is what they call a leveling kit?

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Just saw our old realtor who sold our other properties before buying this house , our neighbors just two doors down are using the same guy , he’s pretty darn good , he’s definitely got the gift of Gab lol ,

After just 3 days on the market , they have been receiving multiple offers , two a good amount above selling price 🤯
    Looking like he said it’s most likely to be sold

Incredible how fast the market is moving lately

I told my wife it would be a good time to sell and just rent for a while , could make a decent amount of cash

I know it’s all relevant to buying and selling , you get a great price for your house , but also pay more for the newer one

I estimate that our house went up a substantial amount , like easy 300 thousand more than what we paid for it ,

It’s kinda scary not really knowing what the future holds , I just can’t see it sustaining these increases much longer , something will crash 🤷🏼‍♂️🤞

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

told my wife it would be a good time to sell and just rent for a while , could make a decent amount of cash

I know it’s all relevant to buying and selling , you get a great price for your house , but also pay more for the newer one

I estimate that our house went up a substantial amount , like easy 300 thousand more than what we paid for it ,

It’s kinda scary not really knowing what the future holds , I just can’t see it sustaining these increases much longer , something will crash

I not sure what the rent prices are where you live. Where I live the rent prices are crazy and they just keep going up. Right now there a shortage of places to rent.
    I just read on social media today where a woman sold her home and was looking for place to rent. The sale on her place closes on the 14th. Kinda looks like she will be homeless.
    Couple of weeks ago a realtor from Toronto called my wife’s cell and left a message saying they were wondering if we would sell our rental property. After wifey told me this. It peaked my interested in find out what sell my rental place for. I was going call the realtor. But wifey deleted the message with the phone number. I sure they interest they will call again. I would sell for the right price.

I just can’t see it sustaining these increases much longer , something will crash

I said this last year. We have see what next year brings.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

One step above that. Usually a leveling kit just brings the front end up a bit, I have some 1 1/2″ to 2″ riser blocks in the rear. The front is up about the same or a bit more.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Not sure if it is ‘shop related’, but 2 tons of wood pellets for the stove were moved into the barn today. Might have to consider raising the height of the barn door to allow the forklift to drive right into the barn to place the pallets of pellets right where we need them.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

One step above that. Usually a leveling kit just brings the front end up a bit, I have some 1 1/2″ to 2″ riser blocks in the rear. The front is up about the same or a bit more.

Ok I don’t much about lift kits.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Doing a bit more demo in the shop. Taking out the old bathrooms. You don’t find too many trees you can get a 15″ wide board out of any more. Unfortuneately they are unsalvageable.

Attachments:
    MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Have about half of the ceiling/insulation has been removed from the old shop, and almost half of the storage shed roof has been insulated with it. Another day or two and then install the side wall insulation, then the tools can be moved into the shed.
    One step at a time.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Doing a bit more demo in the shop. Taking out the old bathrooms. You don’t find too many trees you can get a 15″ wide board out of any more. Unfortuneately they are unsalvageable.

Sounds like a fun job. Yeah your right you don’t find to many trees that you can get a 15″ board from. What species was the board?

I know where this some property not far from where I use to live that the White Pine trees were never cut. From what I have been told is that Queen holds the timber rights. The timber rights were put in place at war time. I have see the some of the trees many times. As we use travel through there going fishing.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

What species was the board?

Probably spruce/pine/fir.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Got the rest of the bathrooms torn out from the shop area today. 400 trips up and down the stairs to load the junk on the trailer and still not quite done with that. I even swept up a bit.

Then I filmed the last bit of an update and edited video. It’s rendering now and should be posted tonight.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Got the rest of the bathrooms torn out from the shop area today. 400 trips up and down the stairs to load the junk on the trailer and still not quite done with that. I even swept up a bit.

Then I filmed the last bit of an update and edited video. It’s rendering now and should be posted tonight.

I know what you mean about stairs. I had to make a few myself when I was removing the bricks from hearth from wood stove. Most of the bricks threw out a basement window. All smaller pieces of mortar and brick carried out in pails.

Look forward to seeing your update video.

Greg

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

I don’t even want to talk about stairs….. 😅
    That’s all I’ve been looking at and working with for the past two weeks. 4 storeys demoed and two storeys replaced as of the end of day today. Lots of changes throughout to make up for a couple of bad decisions.

And then tomorrow…. I get to go and frame some more stairs.

At least I’ll be adequate at them when this is all done…

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Priming (tinted) and painting the dark panelling in the foyer. We want to brighten it up as well as make it feel warmer. We went way out of our comfort range with a colour called “Splash of Sass” (again, who names these things?). I would have named it something like Atomic Pumpkin or Nuclear Mango. It is, well….different. We have 2 coats of primer and 1 coat of paint on 2 walls so far and we are still undecided about the colour.

Installing new flooring and baseboards. Lots of cuts and fitting and prep work.

Orange County, CA

Installing new flooring and baseboards. Lots of cuts and fitting and prep work.

What type of flooring , and is this at your place.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Another day of priming and painting. We’re still discussing our colour choice…lol.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Another day of priming and painting. We’re still discussing our colour choice…lol.

Sounds like you guys are having fun. Hope it is nice weather up north?

Greg

LoL , I know what you mean by whom names these colours lol , my boss is hooked on grey pewter lol

Viewing 20 posts - 2,581 through 2,600 (of 2,766 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.370 seconds