dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,561 through 2,580 (of 2,766 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Got the second coat on the hallway yesterday. Today my wife will do the touch ups, then she is going to do the trim. All the wall plates for switches, recepticles and thermostat is put back on, along with the swinging doors I took off in order to get the wall behind the edges of them.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Started today by fixing a bed frame. The leg and caster folded under it this morning and the rivets let go. Ground off the rivets and punched them out and replaced them with some bolts (I’m so glad I horde things like that) then wired. Had to pound the leg back into shape a bit and then rigged a diagonal support wire to it holding it back from going the same way again.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Started taking the ceiling (OSB) and insulation down from the shop in town. Bringing it to the new place to insulate the storage shed. Once insulated the shop tools will start being brought out to be stored for the winter.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Just got back from returning a wheel bearing for my car , and picked up link kit plus the right side tierod for my car ,
    Going to finish sanding the vanity for the second bathroom

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Just got back from returning a wheel bearing for my car , and picked up link kit plus the right side tierod for my car ,

Are doing work to the car you are trading in? What is the Link kit 🤷‍♂️?

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

(I’m so glad I horde things like that) t

It always nice to have this stuff on hand. You will never know when you need.

Greg

Are doing work to the car you are trading in? What is the Link kit 🤷‍♂️?

Yes , it’s two small rods that connects the stabilizer bar I think , it’s an easy enough job

I’m not trading it in to the dealership ,
    We are still not sure what we will do , lots of different options , my wife’s SUV is going to finish the lease , we are thinking of buying it back then sell it private , or just buy it back and sell my car , just my wife really wants a AWD ,

Hangman
    Pro

Widow of a machinist neighbor let us loose in his tool shed. Picked up some great old clamps, a portable drill press, several styles of dovetail jigs, and pocket hole jigs. Also got a profile sander and a band saw, fun picking through thrash & treasure.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yes , it’s two small rods that connects the stabilizer bar I think , it’s an easy enough job

I see! I say that about alot of jobs. They always seem to take longer then planned.

We are still not sure what we will do , lots of different options , my wife’s SUV is going to finish the lease , we are thinking of buying it back then sell it private , or just buy it back and sell my car , just my wife really wants a AWD ,

Sounds like your driveway will be full cars. You can get make more money selling your vehicles private. But it can be a bit of a nightmare. Selling 2 vehicles private you will be busy.

I had my fill of selling stuff for awhile selling a old wood stove that we had here. Dealing with 100’s of questions, no shows, etc. The guy that bought it. Tried to offer more then asking to get ahead of the the person that was suppose to buy it. That person changed there mind the day of pick up. Then when I let the guy know the stove was now available. Then he decided to ask several questions about the stove. After 30 mins of asking questions he decide was going buy it. After he arrived he decide to offer less then asking price. I did sell the stove for less then asking. Either way I made money as the stove was here when we bought the place.

Greg

I see! I say that about alot of jobs. They always seem to take longer then planned.

Sounds like your driveway will be full cars. You can get make more money selling your vehicles private. But it can be a bit of a nightmare. Selling 2 vehicles private you will be busy.

I had my fill of selling stuff for awhile selling a old wood stove that we had here. Dealing with 100’s of questions, no shows, etc. The guy that bought it. Tried to offer more then asking to get ahead of the the person that was suppose to buy it. That person changed there mind the day of pick up. Then when I let the guy know the stove was now available. Then he decided to ask several questions about the stove. After 30 mins of asking questions he decide was going buy it. After he arrived he decide to offer less then asking price. I did sell the stove for less then asking. Either way I made money as the stove was here when we bought the place.

It’s straight forward , two bolts on each one , nothing hard , then just the tierod ,
    I’ve studied mechanics in high school , plus I was an apprentice in a garage for a few years , I ended up going into aircraft fabrication and assembly ,
    I should be fine

Well we are not selling both cars , just one , just have to decide what one 🤷 that’s going to be up to the boss lol

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It’s straight forward , two bolts on each one , nothing hard , then just the tierod ,
    I’ve studied mechanics in high school , plus I was an apprentice in a garage for a few years , I ended up going into aircraft fabrication and assembly ,
    I should be fine

I wasn’t meaning you couldn’t do the job. Jobs always take longer then planned.

I too auto in school. I took a mechanical/machining in college in my 30’s. Worked doing Milwright work 2 years. So too have idea what takes to do job.

Greg

I should be fine

I wasn’t meaning you couldn’t do the job. Jobs always take longer then planned.

I too auto in school. I took a mechanical/machining in college in my 30’s. Worked doing Milwright work 2 years. So too have idea what takes to do job.

LoL no worries , I know , you are right , sometimes the easiest of jobs take longer than expected ,
    Another guy who took auto mechanics , I think we are close in age , I remember the car’s I worked on in school are totally different in the car’s of today , especially when it comes to engine electronics.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Another guy who took auto mechanics , I think we are close in age , I remember the car’s I worked on in school are totally different in the car’s of today , especially when it comes to engine electronics.

Yeah I think we are fairly close in age. Most of the cars we worked on in school were quite old. Teachers back then didn’t drive new cars like the teachers do today.

Greg

Yeah I think we are fairly close in age. Most of the cars we worked on in school were quite old. Teachers back then didn’t drive new cars like the teachers do today.

True , my teacher Mr Sharma , he had I think it was an old Pontiac or Buick ,
    I can imagine someone today trying to figure out what a carburetor is , or trying to do timing on a car , points and so on , unless maybe they are aware of them 🤷🏼‍♂️

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

A rainy day here…just spending some time cleaning the shop and the work van

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Attended to a few of the missing paint areas on my truck. A bit of sanding and some rust converter. Then a bit of a cleaning here and there. I also sprayed some penetrating oil on the U bolts and front suspension components as when I go in for the winter tires on the 12th I am going to have them remove the slight lift kit out of it and bring it back to stock ride height.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Doing some miscellaneous inside stuff while the mason lays block for a garage addition.

https:/

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Got about a third of the ceiling in the storage shed insulated last night. Got too hot to keep going, more to be done tonight/tomorrow.
    I do need to figure out how to block off the area under one side of the storage shed that is blocked up to be level. There will be no insulation on the floor so I have a feeling I should backfill around the base of the shed at the least.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

A bit more rust converter on the truck and then some etching primer. Ordered the paint from the deler.

Then borrowed a neighbours ladder to start on a piece of fascia.

NOPE!

Dang ladder moves more than mine. Got about 4 rungs up and that was it. Good intentions but I ain’t going up something that moves that much.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Got about a third of the ceiling in the storage shed insulated last night. Got too hot to keep going, more to be done tonight/tomorrow.

I do need to figure out how to block off the area under one side of the storage shed that is blocked up to be level. There will be no insulation on the floor so I have a feeling I should backfill around the base of the shed at the least.

If insulating your shed, I would be more concerned with making sure it can breathe.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,561 through 2,580 (of 2,766 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.662 seconds