dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,461 through 2,480 (of 2,640 total)
  • Author
    MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Went to town and bought some more caulking and paint. Even got a new caulking gun. Should finish up the caulking today and my wife said she would start on the painting on the windows I have completed. Hope to get it all done in short order.

Like your painting arrangement, caulking I can handle – painting not so much. Put me in the same room with an open can of paint – and I’m wearing paint.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Today it’s raining. Pulled down some more insulation and vapor barrier from the chapel ceiling. We now have the whole strip that has the worst leaks open to the roof. Stapled up some new vapor barrier so it catches most of the drips and it funnels it to one spot to get collected in a bin. That clears up a bunch of floor space.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

The Dethatching blade I ordered came today. I installed it and tried it out. I thought it worked pretty good.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Today it’s raining. Pulled down some more insulation and vapor barrier from the chapel ceiling. We now have the whole strip that has the worst leaks open to the roof. Stapled up some new vapor barrier so it catches most of the drips and it funnels it to one spot to get collected in a bin. That clears up a bunch of floor space.

That is really too bad you have to go all that work removing the ceiling. Seems like you are doing it the right way. When you put the ceiling back in will you drywall it or will do something else?

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

When you put the ceiling back in will you drywall it or will do something else?

We haven’t decided. Lots of time to think about it, the guy I want to re shingle the roof can’t get at it until next year. We figured letting the water that is leaking just come through and drain into containers is better than letting it sit up against things and causing further damage. There is no hurry on this one. If we go drywall I will hire that job out. Going to add insulation to the attic and improve the vapor barrier too. The original 1960’s build is not the best technology. My wife it thinking of doing something with the lights too. I kind of like the old ones.
    We are not sure what we are doing with the building still. We have thought about making it into our own home, or a rental appartment, or a convenience store, or, or, or…who knows…lol. The biggest issue is lack of water there, which could be easily fixed, more important is the lack of a place to drain it to.
    So far the plan is…gut it, fix the roof, think about the rest…lol.

MTRoads
    Pro

The Dethatching blade I ordered came today. I installed it and tried it out. I thought it worked pretty good.

Looks like it did a decent job. Do you bag or mulch when you mow?

Stan

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

When you put the ceiling back in will you drywall it or will do something else?

We haven’t decided. Lots of time to think about it, the guy I want to re shingle the roof can’t get at it until next year. We figured letting the water that is leaking just come through and drain into containers is better than letting it sit up against things and causing further damage. There is no hurry on this one. If we go drywall I will hire that job out. Going to add insulation to the attic and improve the vapor barrier too. The original 1960’s build is not the best technology. My wife it thinking of doing something with the lights too. I kind of like the old ones.

We are not sure what we are doing with the building still. We have thought about making it into our own home, or a rental appartment, or a convenience store, or, or, or…who knows…lol. The biggest issue is lack of water there, which could be easily fixed, more important is the lack of a place to drain it to.

So far the plan is…gut it, fix the roof, think about the rest…lol.

Sounds like you have lots of time to sort it. I had wait over a year to get my roof done.
    I think rental apartment is good idea. Adds more income to what you are doing. Would you be adding this to already living space?

Greg

MTRoads
    Pro

Seems it would be a lot more entertaining to have multiple drip catch pans of different sizes, see what kind of music you can create. 🙂

Stan

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I thought so too. My mower has rear bagger on it. It did pick up of old grass. When I was done I went back over the lawn with normal blade on the lawnmower and picked up the rest of the old grass.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Would you be adding this to already living space?

Yes, a complete seperate apartment to rent out. Although we are leery of becoming landlords and all that goes along with that.

Seems it would be a lot more entertaining to have multiple drip catch pans of different sizes, see what kind of music you can create.

That made me laugh. Thanks.

Today while my wife finished painting the outsides of the basement windows (It’s done, Yay!) I did some spray foaming in some areas that needed it. I then tore the siding off where the new front door is and got it all prepared for the cedar shiplap. Got it all disassembled and cleaned up and covered with house wrap today. It was garbage day, so I did that too.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yes, a complete seperate apartment to rent out. Although we are leery of becoming landlords and all that goes along with that.

Being landlords can be interesting. I find the end rewards can out way all the bad. I have new tenant that has gave me some grief. Also have tenant that is the best. She is the best tenant I had in time as Landlord I have been a Landlord for 19 years. If you have questions feel free to PM or email me and I will do my answer your questions.
    If was me I would put the chapel into apartment.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

the chapel into apartment.

If we did do that, the chapel would become our home and what we are in now would become the rental unit. Probably after dividing off a second bedroom from the current living room. Maybe 2, the room is huge.

Was just texting with my 17th new supervisor , I am in my 37 year in the company , in this department I’m on my 17th supervisor
    I can’t understand why the information I give year after year never is remembered ,
    They are trying to shave time on the procedure , I said when we do it in house , it’s approximately 3 to 4 weeks ,
    He asked me why can the outside company do it in 5 to 7 day’s lmfao 😆😂😆 ,
    I said yeah , I can actually do it in 5 days , but when you send it out sourced , I have another 2 week’s for testing and weighing the cesium , plus our burn in fixture has 12 port’s but only 6 work , so instead of using it for 4 and a half days for 22 bulbs , I have to use it for 10 days at 6 at a time 🤷‍♂️ , . plus the other factors of weighing the cesium for the required amount , then placing it on the lathe to remove the stems , I mean wtf ,
    Typical example of your going to tell me how to do my job better and more efficient , but you are new , and have absolutely no idea what I do 🤯🤯🤯
    Sorry for the rant

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Was just texting with my 17th new supervisor ,

Maybe you should just reply with “Please consult my 17 other previous explanations sent to all your predecessors”…lol.

Was just texting with my 17th new supervisor ,

Maybe you should just reply with “Please consult my 17 other previous explanations sent to all your predecessors”…lol.

LoL yeah maybe , sorry Jim , just very frustrating dealing with this 💩 , I’m supposed to be getting a training premium 🤷‍♂️🤯 it took my old boss 6 weeks to figure out how to add it to my pay 🤷‍♂️ ,
    Incredible ,

I still find it extremely hard to believe , I’m the only person in a multi million dollar company that knows how to do what I do 🤯 , it’s mind blowing ,

MTRoads
    Pro

MTRoads wrote:
    Seems it would be a lot more entertaining to have multiple drip catch pans of different sizes, see what kind of music you can create.

That made me laugh. Thanks.

What with us moving and finding a lot of stuff to get fixed/replaced, I can understand where a bit of levity can help… 🙂

Stan

MTRoads
    Pro

I thought so too. My mower has rear bagger on it. It did pick up of old grass. When I was done I went back over the lawn with normal blade on the lawnmower and picked up the rest of the old grass.

Was asking about when you normally mow. Wife insists on dethatching in the spring – and then setting up the mower to mulch through the rest of the year.

Stan

Was asking about when you normally mow. Wife insists on dethatching in the spring – and then setting up the mower to mulch through the rest of the year.

Haha yeah , that’s exactly what I do , I could bag the grass , then just dispose of it in the forest behind my gate , I just tend to mulch

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Raining all day in Florida, took today off to reorganize my tools and tool boxes.

I retired three of the BC1880 Bosch chargers and put into service the newer GBA18V-40 chargers.

Also went through all my OMT blades and sorted them into multiple piles, Starlock pile, Milwaukee pile, Dremel pile, Rockwell pile and generic pile and tried to figure out which blade can be used with which OMT with or without adapters.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Yesterday was spent installing weatherstrip on doors and hanging some of the old curtains that were here over interior doors in the chapel. Seems to be doing the trick. We now have the chapel pretty well isolated from the living quarters and it’s warmer, and keeping it’s heat. Still a few things to do on that front though.

I also started cutting the first piece for the cedar shiplap siding for around the front door. Got it pretty close. Took a couple of tries to get the dado stack set just how I wanted. The first one is the most important so I got the Bosch green line laser out so it goes in level when I get to that part. I still have a bit of trimming to do so it fits nicely around the bottom of the door.

Raining today, so I think I will install the sink downstairs. My wife wanted a gloss finish for the vanity top I made (ugh). I put 3 coats on and she still didn’t like it so I left it to her. I think she put on another 4 coats of gloss water based poly on it. Part of the reason I hate high gloss finishes is getting it even, besides it looking like the wood is encased in plastic, but that’s the look she likes and wanted for it.

The last time I did a high gloss finish was for the top of her coffee table I built. Took about a week to get it perfect, then she put a big piece of glass on top of it and I thought what was the point of the finish?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,461 through 2,480 (of 2,640 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.723 seconds