dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 2,766 total)
  • Author
    ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

<strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”>

WE GOT IT!

The phone call just came in. They countered our $80k offer with $85k and we accepted. Just have to do up the paper work and we own a church. What we will do with 7000 sq ft after living in 1000 sq ft I don’t know. I know the shop will be about 1600 sq ft…lol.

Congratulations!!!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

WE GOT IT!

The phone call just came in. They countered our $80k offer with $85k and we accepted. Just have to do up the paper work and we own a church. What we will do with 7000 sq ft after living in 1000 sq ft I don’t know. I know the shop will be about 1600 sq ft…lol.

Wow that’s awesome news Jim! Congratulations to you and your wife. I am jealous that you will 1600 sqft shop.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Oh, to be challenged on how to use 7000 square feet!

Well, it does have to be heated too. Window replacement is high on the priority list. Anyone want a job?

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Papers are signed, deposit has been paid.

Whew, this is really happening.

Well, it does have to be heated too. Window replacement is high on the priority list. Anyone want a job?

I did think about that and figured parts of the building probably will get little heat. Have fun and post some pictures.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I did think about that and figured parts of the building probably will get little heat.

There are 3 furnaces in the place. The part where we are going to live has 2 high efficiency oil. One for upstairs and one for down stairs. The chapel has a propane furnace. We are going to heat mostly the living quarters, while the rest will have the heat set low. The shop is going in the chapel basement and as long as it’s about 15 C or so in there it will be comfortable enough to work.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Tried replacing the commode in the 5th-wheel today.
    Of course the water feed hose is just on the border of being too short, and while trying to get the connector screwed on it jammed up. Did stop before the threads got too cross threaded.
    Now to see if there is a thread chases of sorts for the plastic threads so that once I get a longer hose it will thread on straight. 🙁

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Doobie

WE GOT IT!

Happy dance time, woohoo!

Congratz Jim!

Now the real work begins. Good luck with it all moving forward.

You should maybe start a new thread on this Church-to-Homestead adventure.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

WE GOT IT!

Congratulations JDO! Make sure to take plenty of pictures as the new places gets situated and you get your shop area set up.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

WE GOT IT!

Congrats JDO, enjoy the journey.

There are 3 furnaces in the place.

3 furnaces in Canada, looks to be an expensive heating season for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Back in the shop today , being away from here for over a week , I have to get our oxygen and gas sensors recalibrated , it’s showing 3 percentage of gas , keeps ringing security telling them we have a problem. Also have to touch base with my friend in the millwright department , he ordered two high temperature high vacuum pressure fittings that are leaking , I have to change those , also need to replace our dangerous chemical cabinet , and later this afternoon we will be having a Walk through from the health and safety group 🤷‍♂️

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Back in the shop today , being away from here for over a week , I have to get our oxygen and gas sensors recalibrated , it’s showing 3 percentage of gas , keeps ringing security telling them we have a problem. Also have to touch base with my friend in the millwright department , he ordered two high temperature high vacuum pressure fittings that are leaking , I have to change those , also need to replace our dangerous chemical cabinet , and later this afternoon we will be having a Walk through from the health and safety group

Sounds like a busy day Brian.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

You should maybe start a new thread on this Church-to-Homestead adventure.

There will be video of parts of it. I will post them in my video thread. Photos will get posted as I take them. Probably in the “interesting things” thread.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I’m happy for you Jim ! You have more energy than I do ! ha ha
    You will have to buy lots of new tools for that big shop!

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Packing, organizing, buying more packaging stuff, organizing logistics.
    Wife is looking after organizing the moving company. Looks to be about $5000, OUCH.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

HUGE Congratulations @JimDaddyO !!!

Second day on a new project restoring caulking on cap stones of a 5 floor condo. Today I broke my first window :S Temped glass and it just shattered. Have no clue what caused it.. We have to remove the glass from the railing for access under the caps stones.

A Working Pro since 2004

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I managed some shop time before work yesterday. I put the base together for new TV stand and glued up 2 cherry boards for the top. I sprayed a coat of primer with my new Fuji HLVP on a daughter’s dresser I am redoing. I was pretty impressed with how well it worked. I didn’t take any pictures as this was rush job. I sprayed this outside after the rain cleared up.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 4 windows. The big ones ( top 72 x 72, bottom 99 x 88 ) didn’t fit on the door/staircase so I roped them up. I hate the window that starts at 1 foot above the floor. Yours, truly, pulling up the window while on my belly.

Packing, organizing, buying more packaging stuff, organizing logistics.

Wife is looking after organizing the moving company. Looks to be about $5000, OUCH.

Well if it’s any comfort Jim , we moved about 2 and a half streets away , a full truck load , and it was 1500 something and we had 4 movers 🤷‍♂️ took the majority of the day , plus I moved about 6 to 10 suv loads full before moving day 🙄🤯
    I would imagine for you guys , it’s definitely about the milage and so on I hope it goes smoothly for you Jim 🤞👊

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Congrats @JimDaddyO on getting the contract executed, I am sure you will find a way to utilize the new found space.

Hey a six to eight car garage!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 2,766 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.350 seconds