dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,341 through 2,360 (of 2,766 total)
  • Author

My experiment seems to be working.

I did some sanding and caulking and painting on the basement window I did with an epoxy fill. It’s solid, weatherproof and looks OK. I have to be more careful when I pour as I got some slightly ugly spots, but overall I’m calling it a success. Go to school and learn on the first one I guess. I did video it, so there will be one coming out on the process in the future.

Sounds like you have a good idea and finished product 👍 definitely looking forward to seeing this video

Doobie

I won’t even go to the beach on these Humidex 40 days.

I don’t go to the beach in this type of weather either. We had nicely shaded camp site and there was some trees for shade at the beach. We had the dog so this was perfect location.

I dug out all the beach stuff and were finally headed for our first beach day of the season tomorrow (Wednesday).

I have two of those foldable beach carts to do the job. I bring lots of ‘stuff’! Hehehe!

I’m just glad they opened up the Cobourg beach beyond a 2000 person limit they had up until a few weeks ago in Cobourg. It’s not as ‘great’ a beach as Wasaga beach, but it’s a pretty darn good beach that is under an hour from us versus Wasaga which is over two hours away for us, especially for just a day trip.

Usually for Wasaga we rent a motel room for a few days, and we did so for earlier this month, but the days we were going to go were rain days so we cancelled it.

With my knee and vertigo, up is something I don’t do much of. It won’t be me going up there.

What kind of slope is that roof Jim?

Is it asphalt shingles?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I pulled all the rotten stuff off the remaining basement windows. Some aren’t bad, a couple are terrible. I didn’t have any spray foam insulation, you know, that stuff that the installer was supposed to put in around the windows that isn’t there. Got them all pretty much cleaned up and ready for the next step which is foaming a caulking. Then it will be cutting up some wood to replace the stuff I tore out, then on to the epoxy. I am going to try some left over fiberglass insulation on some of the vertical bits that I won’t be able to pour into. I figure it works for boats (fiberglass and resin), so if I can get it as water tight as a canoe, I’m good with that…lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Was a stressed week and weekend , my little love of my life had an issue early this week , she let out a big Yelp and whine , I was downstairs one morning and my wife was upstairs with the pups

When our little rescue dog came down , she was panting and obviously in pain , I didn’t hesitate , and took her to the emergency Wednesday morning , 250 bucks later , they prescribed painkillers and suggested possible seeing an orthopedic surgeon 🙄

We said we would wait a few days , I mentioned the vet maybe giving her some metacam anti inflammation meds , she prescribed something else , basic pain meds , obviously it didn’t work , I was back Saturday evening at 6 pm 🤯🤯 got home at 5 am Sunday morning , after a few x rays and other tests , they gave her metacam 🤷‍♂️ , first dose today and it seems like it’s helping ❤️🙏

Another few hundred later , but at least my little girl is feeling better 🙏

She was such a great little patient

Now she’s finally resting and not in any discomfort , they said it was her knee 🤞

Poor baby, I hope she feels better. I just dished out $150 for my dog’s ear infection. I don’t know why she gets them this was the second time.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Was a stressed week and weekend , my little love of my life had an issue early this week , she let out a big Yelp and whine , I was downstairs one morning and my wife was upstairs with the pups

When our little rescue dog came down , she was panting and obviously in pain , I didn’t hesitate , and took her to the emergency Wednesday morning , 250 bucks later , they prescribed painkillers and suggested possible seeing an orthopedic surgeon 🙄

We said we would wait a few days , I mentioned the vet maybe giving her some metacam anti inflammation meds , she prescribed something else , basic pain meds , obviously it didn’t work , I was back Saturday evening at 6 pm 🤯🤯 got home at 5 am Sunday morning , after a few x rays and other tests , they gave her metacam 🤷‍♂️ , first dose today and it seems like it’s helping ❤️🙏

Now she’s finally resting and not in any discomfort , they said it was her knee 🤞

Sorry to hear about your dog. Hopefully it isn’t too serious.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Was a stressed week and weekend , my little love of my life had an issue early this week…..

How’s she doing Brian? Feeling better I hope!

@Boschmanbrian

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I dug out all the beach stuff and were finally headed for our first beach day of the season tomorrow (Wednesday).

I have two of those foldable beach carts to do the job. I bring lots of ‘stuff’! Hehehe!

I’m just glad they opened up the Cobourg beach beyond a 2000 person limit they had up until a few weeks ago in Cobourg. It’s not as ‘great’ a beach as Wasaga beach, but it’s a pretty darn good beach that is under an hour from us versus Wasaga which is over two hours away for us, especially for just a day trip.

Usually for Wasaga we rent a motel room for a few days, and we did so for earlier this month, but the days we were going to go were rain days so we cancelled it.

Sounds like it will be a good day. I was too Wasaga Beach along time ago. It is nice place there.
    There is few nice beaches here in Prince Edward County. With Covid you have booked a date that you want to go. Theses beaches draw a lot of people from Toronto.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Finally got my new drive belt for electric hand planer. I end up buy 2 spares as there fairly cheap to buy and they were hard to find.

Greg

Poor baby, I hope she feels better. I just dished out $150 for my dog’s ear infection. I don’t know why she gets them this was the second time.

Thanks Ron , it’s been 3 days on metacam antiinflammatory meds , plus 6 days on the painkillers since the first visit last Wednesday 🤞 it’s the first day she’s been wagging her tail , God I love this little pooch. ❤️🙏
    Oh yeah , and not to touch bad , almost 500 bucks , just for initial exams and meds ,

Thanks #doobie and @GTokley
    She looks like she’s feeling better today , and picking up

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I just dished out $150 for my dog’s ear infection. I don’t know why she gets them this was the second time.

My parent’s dog have issues with its’s ears. I am not sure if is a infection. They change the food they feed there dog and has help alot with dogs ears. Not sure if this would help with your dog.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

God I love this little pooch.

They become family members very fast. Hoping for a quick and complete recovery.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Tail wagging is a good sign, glad to here the pooch is doing better.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Got some foam sprayed in around the basement windows today. Then helped the wife strip off the 12 x 12 ceiling tiles from the chapel ceiling. Got about 2/3 of them off. That is a lot of tiles.

We have decided to just about gut the chapel completely over the winter. Once the new shingles are on the roof we will start to rebuild it a bit at a time.

Did anyone else get the BTP closing notification?

BE THE PRO ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello Be The Pro Member,

Thank you for being a loyal member of the Be the Pro community. The Be the Pro platform has been a place for pros like you to share insider info, tips and tricks. But, after many great years, the platform will no longer be offering points to earn tools for redemption.

What this means for you: while the website http://www.bethepro.com will remain active (where the community can continue to share insights), you will need to redeem all your remaining reward points by October 1st, 2021. Additionally, after October 1st, 2021, points will no longer be accumulated.

We want you to know that we appreciate all of your support for the community and for your contributions.

-The Be The Pro Team
    Redeem Your Points

Will

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

BE THE PRO ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello Be The Pro Member,

Thank you for being a loyal member of the Be the Pro community. The Be the Pro platform has been a place for pros like you to share insider info, tips and tricks. But, after many great years, the platform will no longer be offering points to earn tools for redemption.

What this means for you: while the website http://www.bethepro.com will remain active (where the community can continue to share insights), you will need to redeem all your remaining reward points by October 1st, 2021. Additionally, after October 1st, 2021, points will no longer be accumulated.

We want you to know that we appreciate all of your support for the community and for your contributions.

-The Be The Pro Team

Redeem Your Points

Yes I just read it.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

We have decided to just about gut the chapel completely over the winter. Once the new shingles are on the roof we will start to rebuild it a bit at a time.

Will you be gutting the walls as well or just the ceiling?

Sounds like a pretty big project.

Greg

BE THE PRO ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello Be The Pro Member,

-The Be The Pro Team

Redeem Your Points

Yeah , just saw that also , I kinda guess everyone sorta knew this was coming.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

BE THE PRO ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello Be The Pro Member,

-The Be The Pro Team

Redeem Your Points

Yeah , just saw that also , I kinda guess everyone sorta knew this was coming.

It sounds like forum will be here for awhile. There will be place to post. It just depends how many post after the Rewards have been taken away..

Greg

God I love this little pooch.

They become family members very fast. Hoping for a quick and complete recovery.

Thanks Jim , they sure do ,

@MTRoads
    thank you , yeah it’s definitely nice ,

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

BE THE PRO ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello Be The Pro Member,

-The Be The Pro Team

Redeem Your Points

Saw it here also, sad that it will be going that route, but understood.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,341 through 2,360 (of 2,766 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.373 seconds