dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 2,766 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Sure sounds like you are off on a grand venture.

Lots of changes, but I guess this is the year for it. I have been selling off things I don’t want to move. So far the mini tiller, the wood splitter and the snow blower have sold. Moving companies don’t like moving anything with a fuel tank and I think I will need heavier duty equipment anyway. No wood stove at the new place yet, not sure if there will be one. I sold the snow blower for the same price I got it for about 6 years ago. The tiller I bought probably 15 years ago and got about 1/2 what I paid for it. The splitter I lost a little bit of money, but not much. Not used to having all this cash in my pocket. Got my asking price for everything so far. Only 1 idiot low baller that I told to get real in more colourful language.

Sounds like you did alright selling those items you were selling. You may still need a snowblower for clearing walkways. There pretty easy to get anyways. You could rent a U Haul enclosed trailer to move items like this.
    I rented a small enclosed trailer when I went pick up 15 inch planer. I think it cost me $20 per day. It was well work the money. It was easy to load and unload my planer in the back

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

You could rent a U Haul enclosed trailer

A 4 X 8 cargo trailer for 4 days is $700 (plus taxes) at U Haul for that distance. I have been looking at ads for trailers for sale. An open utility trailer of some sort I could probably use in the future. I have a complete bathroom to do, so that would mean a 2 1/2 hour trip to Sault Ste Marie. Shower tub, sink, toilet, vanity, flooring, lumber and dry wall. Getting pretty close to the break even point buying over renting twice already. I am also keeping my chainsaw, so getting some big pines and slabbing them up isn’t out of the question. Another use for a trailer right there. It’s starting to look more attractive to buy.

It’s just a thought right now.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

I have been selling off things I don’t want to move.

Wise move.

Especially with the snowblower. Snowblowers in one application don’t work well in others typically.

It’s good to get rid of stuff moving at times, especially with such a huge distance change from where you are. Put that money towards bear traps. lol!

Don’t think to get rid of the wife though. They’re transferable most times….hehehe!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have been selling off things I don’t want to move. So far the mini tiller, the wood splitter and the snow blower have sold. Moving companies don’t like moving anything with a fuel tank

Don’t let all that cash burn a hole in your pocket. You will need it all for the upcoming mods to the new place.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

A 4 X 8 cargo trailer for 4 days is $700 (plus taxes) at U Haul for that distance. I have been looking at ads for trailers for sale. An open utility trailer of some sort I could probably use in the future. I have a complete bathroom to do, so that would mean a 2 1/2 hour trip to Sault Ste Marie. Shower tub, sink, toilet, vanity, flooring, lumber and dry wall. Getting pretty close to the break even point buying over renting twice already. I am also keeping my chainsaw, so getting some big pines and slabbing them up isn’t out of the question. Another use for a trailer right there. It’s starting to look more attractive to buy.

Yeah you might be better off looking at something like that , I really miss having a trailer , I had a small closed one was great not to big but big enough for hauling my tools and accessories. It was a 5 x7 and the open one was 4×8 both were practical , I think it’s a good idea to buy one Jim 👍

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Moving building materials is a big deal. I would definitely look into getting a used trailer.

Looking for the day to come when you can order sheetrock and plywood from Amazon with free shipping for prime members lol.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Especially with the snowblower. Snowblowers in one application don’t work well in others typically.

We have contemplated that a yard tractor may be what we need. Large lawn, more snow, etc.

I think a trailer that sheet goods would fit in, so at least 4 x 8.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

We have contemplated that a yard tractor may be what we need. Large lawn, more snow, etc.

I think a trailer that sheet goods would fit in, so at least 4 x 8.

Saw on your Youtube that nice new Ford Truck to tow it with!

A Working Pro since 2004

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Mowed the grass this morning after working on the mower….new John Deere riding mower and have had 2 bolts on the mower deck vibrate loose…no loctite on anything so I went over it first then mowed.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Doobie

Looking for the day to come when you can order sheetrock and plywood from Amazon with free shipping for prime members lol.

I’m sure that day is coming sometime. They’ll probably be selling trucks on Amazon soon too along with cars.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Packed away some more stuff. A lot of the hardwood I am taking with me. Sorted and organized as to what gets packed away and what I have to keep on hand. Then I spent a few hours cleaning up the truck. Lots of detail work and Mothers protectant. Glass cleaning, instant detailer, got it looking pretty spiffy now. It still could use the vacuum yet.

redwood
    Pro

So I have switched over from a wood stove to a pellet stove. Among other things, I needed to convert the shed that held my firewood, to one that was better suited for pellet bags.

shed

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Attachments:
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Wow that is quite abit. I never thought about the distance. Yes it might be wise to purchase a trailer. I am sure it will come in handy.
    I have a trailer I don’t use that much. I find it too short. It just barely holds my ATV as it 4 x 7. I got a good deal on it for $600.00. I find it a real pita to back up. It is pretty hard to see in the mirrors. I have mirror extenders and still have a hard time. I would like to have 12 ft trailer. A shorter trailer are nice to move around the yard by hand.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

So I have switched over from a wood stove to a pellet stove. Among other things, I needed to convert the shed that held my firewood, to one that was better suited for pellet bags.

shed

Is this all the pellets you will be needing to heat your place? Looks like should do the job.

My parents heated with pellet stove for few years. They have since went back to heating with wood.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Definitely a tractor then. You will save a ton of time with snow removal and grass cutting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

shed

That’s a lot of bag’s , will that be enough to get you threw the winter , is that your primary source of heating. Or is that just for the shop.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

WE GOT IT!

The phone call just came in. They countered our $80k offer with $85k and we accepted. Just have to do up the paper work and we own a church. What we will do with 7000 sq ft after living in 1000 sq ft I don’t know. I know the shop will be about 1600 sq ft…lol.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn
    JimDaddyO wrote:
    WE GOT IT!

The phone call just came in. They countered our $80k offer with $85k and we accepted. Just have to do up the paper work and we own a church. What we will do with 7000 sq ft after living in 1000 sq ft I don’t know. I know the shop will be about 1600 sq ft…lol.

That’s great Jim. Congrats…

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

<strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”>

WE GOT IT!

Wohoooo congratulations to you and your wife , must be a relief knowing you have a place to live now 👌👍 looking forward to hearing more about this.

Congratulations on your acquisition!! Now the fun starts. Oh, to be challenged on how to use 7000 square feet!

A lot less excitement for me today. I took a quarter inch off the bottom of 3 doors today that rubbed on the carpet. The wife has been after me on that one for way too long I admit. Love my cordless track saw. It worked like a charm. Masking taped the cut area and no chipped edges.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 2,766 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.389 seconds