dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,141 through 2,160 (of 2,498 total)
  • Author
    MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

And after 2 days of calling around, apparently Covid has also created a shortage of steel shipping containers. None available for short term rental’s at all, it is purchase or nothing.
    And in checking around, looks like purchase price has at least doubled from 2 years ago. 🙁

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

And after 2 days of calling around, apparently Covid has also created a shortage of steel shipping containers. None available for short term rental’s at all, it is purchase or nothing.

And in checking around, looks like purchase price has at least doubled from 2 years ago. 🙁

Well that really sucks.

Alot of people up here rent 48 ft trailers for storage.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Finally got around to putting knobs and pulls on the Kitchen cabinets. The delay was due the wifey not liking the knobs and pulls she bought when she got the cabinets. With Covid it was difficult to return the ones she purchased and buy new ones. She end buying somewhere else.
    The Kreg cabinet jig made this job much easier.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

2 more windows trimmed on the outside today. Got an early start and slogged through it. I’m beat now, but there is only 1 more of the purchased windows to do and then the 2 I built. That’s it for the top floor.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Finally got around to putting knobs and pulls on the Kitchen cabinets. The delay was due the wifey not liking the knobs and pulls she bought when she got the cabinets. With Covid it was difficult to return the ones she purchased and buy new ones. She end buying somewhere else.

Those look really nice , nice cabinets and nice handles 👌

Went to Calypso water park today , as our daughter is getting older , she had a great day hanging out with her friend today , plus it gave me some time with my wife , was a great day with the family

Doobie

I had thought I had properly figured out the window configuration for the upper area of my shed build I am building, but I discovered a critical error just before I was about to start cutting pieces.

Had I went ahead I would have had unremovable sill plate pieces that hold up the rafter beams showing thru the windows for 3 inches. May have been passable looking at the structure from the outside, but definitely would have looked stupid from inside the shed and offered less light to flow thru.

Redesigned it all this afternoon and started cutting components and making a mock-up of the custom windows I am building.

The window spans just shy of 8 feet and will be centered along a 10 foot span.

@Doobie, not many folks would ever think of building their own custom window. Congrats on the creativity and effort.! Looking forward to seeing it installed.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Well that really sucks.

Alot of people up here rent 48 ft trailers for storage.

That was the plan here, but a 20 footer. Turns out between the shortage of available containers, and the higher cost if one is found – we decided to go with at pre-built shed for now.
    Lower cost and more space. Just for short term storage over the winter and then it will probably be converted to a playhouse for the grandchildren.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

I had thought I had properly figured out the window configuration for the upper area of my shed build I am building, but I discovered a critical error just before I was about to start cutting pieces.

Had I went ahead I would have had unremovable sill plate pieces that hold up the rafter beams showing thru the windows for 3 inches. May have been passable looking at the structure from the outside, but definitely would have looked stupid from inside the shed and offered less light to flow thru.

Redesigned it all this afternoon and started cutting components and making a mock-up of the custom windows I am building.

The window spans just shy of 8 feet and will be centered along a 10 foot span.

Those came out nice , good job on being creative , I’m sure it’s going to look great

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Those look really nice , nice cabinets and nice handles 👌

Thanks! We are quite happy with the Ikea cabinets. There much better now with knobs and pulls install.
    I have couple of more things to do and the kitchen will be completed.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Doing the trim on the last vinyl window. What a PITA! This is the only one that I have to modify my method this way. So that makes 4 different ways I had to do the trim so all the windows look the same. Naturally, I cut one piece too short so had to remill one, a further PITA because it’s critical that the thickness of the boards on each layer be the same. I had to go through the pile and find one thick enough so it would mill to the proper thickness.

Having a coffee now before I go mental. Will get back to it in a bit.

Well no problem whatsoever in removing the Anne Sloane chalk paint , this 1/2 sheet sander makes it easy enough , I think I’m going to buy the small 1/4 sheet sander just for the inside of the doors

LoL , I was cutting the roll of paper I bought the other day from HD in half , what a dummy I was , I figured I’d just cut it slowly on the miter saw 🤫 it started smoking and set off the smoke detector in the garage lmao 🤣😆😂 , I opened the service door and garage door slightly , then decided to finish up with the Bosch vacuum hooked up , much better ,
    Sanding down the vanity today ,

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

it started smoking and set off the smoke detector in the garage

Seemed like a good idea when you started, didn’t it…lol?

it started smoking and set off the smoke detector in the garage

Seemed like a good idea when you started, didn’t it…lol?

LoL yeah that’s what I thought lol , should have seen my wife’s reaction

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Well no problem whatsoever in removing the Anne Sloane chalk paint , this 1/2 sheet sander makes it easy enough , I think I’m going to buy the small 1/4 sheet sander just for the inside of the doors

Good to hear you had no issue with sanding off the chalk paint.

A 1/4 sheet sander was the first sander I bought many years ago. I don’t use it that much. It is nice to have for certain jobs.

Greg

Good to hear you had no issue with sanding off the chalk paint.

A 1/4 sheet sander was the first sander I bought many years ago. I don’t use it that much. It is nice to have for certain jobs.

Thanks , actually this 1/2 sheet sander is pretty darn good , getting right up tight against the corners , what brand of 1/4 sheet do you have

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

what brand of 1/4 sheet do you have

It is Mastercraft.

Greg

what brand of 1/4 sheet do you have

It is Mastercraft.

Nice , I have seen that Bosch on sale for around 49 bucks , I should have bought it

Viewing 20 posts - 2,141 through 2,160 (of 2,498 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.699 seconds