dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,121 through 2,140 (of 2,495 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Finished the front , now I’m doing the back

Very nice!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

Did some more of what should be the last bits of shed sheathing. Also installed the sheathing for the underside of the porch overhang area.

Started tonite to figure out and try some mock-ups for the custom acrylic windows I’ve gotta build for the area that is just under the higher roof. It’s gonna be tight there with only 21 inches of face to work with not counting the 4 inch metal flashing for where it meets the lower roof. I’m looking at maybe three long 5 inch high 30 something inch long windows.

That is looking good Brian! Like the pavers and always appreciate well done landscaping.

Thanks Lon ,

And thank you Jim @JimDaddyO

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That had the unexpected bonus of giving me a great place to sit my battery charger.

Sounds like a good day JDO. Nice you have a place for the chargers now.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Finished the front , now I’m doing the back

Very nice front yard. Grass looks amazing and the mulch around the tree looks perfectly circular!

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Mowed the front lawn. Did the string trimming. Went to town for groceries. Wife found a wardrobe online at Canadian Tire. Second trip into town to pick it up. Assembled it. Took 2 other ones downstairs to our rental rooms and installed the new one in our bedroom. I’m wiped!

Mowed the front lawn. Did the string trimming. Went to town for groceries. Wife found a wardrobe online at Canadian Tire. Second trip into town to pick it up. Assembled it. Took 2 other ones downstairs to our rental rooms and installed the new one in our bedroom. I’m wiped!

Sounds like you are keeping active Jim 🤭
    It’s good to keep busy though

Today I really didn’t do anything , just took our little dog to the vet , that bump on her leg doesn’t seem to be going down , anyway , they took a biopsy , and we’ll see what they say about it in a few days.
    🤞

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Finally got around to getting rid of the double laundry sink. It had crack in it is was leaking. It was to heavy to move by myself. So broke up to manageable pieces with a sledge hammer.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Finally got around to getting rid of the double laundry sink. It had crack in it is was leaking. It was to heavy to move by myself. So broke up to manageable pieces with a sledge hammer.

I wonder if anyplace still sells those old concrete sinks for those who want to keep some kind of heritage look to their house.

How old do you think it was Greg?

Doobie

Aside from a bunch of errands today, I started to work some more on figuring out how I’m gonna design and build the front facade upper part of my shed build. I’m kinda not ‘feeling it’ to figure this out, but I know it’ll come to me.

Kinda threw my arms up in the air at one point and decided to clear my head by having a beer and changing out the blade on my 20in Bullet Tools Eazy Shear cutter that I use to not only cut JH fiber cement plank siding, but also to cut shingles. Now that the shingles are done, I had a new blade I bought for it this past winter that only took me 10 mins to install and will bring in the dull one in for sharpening.

If I’m told they can’t sharpen it, I can still do it on my Tormek knock off wet wheel grinder. It actually specifically says to sharpen it under wet/lubrication when re-sharpening. I just can’t be bothered doing it myself as long as they don’t want stupid money to sharpen it, I’ll get someone else to do it.

I actually bought a Freud 10in Fiber Cement blade at HD on clearance last week for $35 (reg price $144). Don’t REALLY need it, but for that price, it may come in handy. I may end up using it, if not, it may get returned. Don’t really need it except maybe for a rip cut on my 4100 TS which so far I’d do using a CMT FC blade I have for my track saw, but that set up takes a while especially if needing to do the full 12 feet of a plank. Using it on a TS would be a lot easier if I do need it for rip cuts now that I have a 4100 TS in the backyard.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I wonder if anyplace still sells those old concrete sinks for those who want to keep some kind of heritage look to their house.

I am not sure really if there is any place that sells old concrete sinks. Maybe some Antique stores might sell them.

How old do you think it was Greg?

I would have to say it is over 50 years old. Are place was built in 1965.

I broke this sink several pieces to get out of basement. It was to heavy for me to move by myself.

Greg

Doobie

, I started to work some more on figuring out how I’m gonna design and build the front facade upper part of my shed build. I’m kinda not ‘feeling it’ to figure this out, but I know it’ll come to me.

Kinda threw my arms up in the air at one point and decided to clear my head by having a beer….

Nothing like a bit of liquid brain remedy. Think I’ve figured out what I’m gonna do…

Fourth pic is the type of elongated seperated windows I’m integrating on a 8 foot span of the 10 foot facade. 5×5 inches. In the picthey are the upper windows under the gable end and just under the front top dormer in this web pic I found to help explain.

I just like that style of window a lot! And as far as I know, you can’t buy them as stock and have to make them yourself. I’m ready for that part of it!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m wiped!

Who wouldn’t be after that busy day. Looks like you started early and finished late.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

, I started to work some more on figuring out how I’m gonna design and build the front facade upper part of my shed build. I’m kinda not ‘feeling it’ to figure this out, but I know it’ll come to me.

Kinda threw my arms up in the air at one point and decided to clear my head by having a beer….

Nothing like a bit of liquid brain remedy. Think I’ve figured out what I’m gonna do…

Fourth pic is the type of elongated seperated windows I’m integrating on a 8 foot span of the 10 foot facade. 5×5 inches. In the picthey are the upper windows under the gable end and just under the front top dormer in this web pic I found to help explain.

I just like that style of window a lot! And as far as I know, you can’t buy them as stock and have to make them yourself. I’m ready for that part of it!

That should look pretty good , so the window is only 5 inches high by 30 inches long ,
    I like the look of that ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

LOL!! Yes it can help having some liquid remedy. Sometimes it helps to step away from it for awhile.

I like that idea of the upper windows. Should give some nice added light to the building.

Greg

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Finally got around to getting rid of the double laundry sink. It had crack in it is was leaking. It was to heavy to move by myself

My son got a call from a friend asking if he could help getting one of those out of his basement. 3 guys one sink…. the stair stringers broke when they got it up 1/2 way. LOL dummies. Good thing, my son got a job building new stairs and then they did as you did… busted the sink up and got it out in pieces

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Another day, another window. Good news is having the shop vac now being able to switch from machine to machine is a big improvement, particularly on the glide miter saw.

Another day, another window. Good news is having the shop vac now being able to switch from machine to machine is a big improvement, particularly on the glide miter saw.

Definitely makes a difference ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Another day, another window.

More progress JDO good news. Seems like that glide is working out nice for you.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Seems like that glide is working out nice for you.

It was my first Bosch tool after lusting after it for years. I still love it.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,121 through 2,140 (of 2,495 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.425 seconds