dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,021 through 2,040 (of 2,507 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I also know Covid affects people differently as well. We had 2 people from work that had and were off work for weeks. They came back to work with no side effects.

One of our friends went for hers on the weekend and had the severe immediate reaction where they had to Epi-Pen her and send her to the hospital. They say it is a case in over 1/500,000 that it happens to and your chances of getting that kind of reaction are less than getting hit by lightning. Freaked her out!

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Did a bit of caulking today, replacing old stuff. It’s harder cleaning the old stuff up than anything.
    Put a couple of door sweeps on the shed doors I cut down a few days ago.
    Picked up a replacement sink for the one that cracked, that’s the job for tomorrow.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Trying to clean up after having a 70’tall tree taken down. I’m having a hard time due to my sore back. You have to love the neighbors that just watch after I have helped all of them with things! I will remember them when they need help.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Got the sink replace today. It was glued to the cabinet with silicone as per instructions and peeling it off and cleaning up the silicone was the hardest part. Other than that it went pretty smooth.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It was glued to the cabinet with silicone as per instructions and peeling it off and cleaning up the silicone was the hardest part. Other than that it went pretty smooth.

It is never a fun job removing old silicone from old surface. The omt with caulking blade works good.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Got the sink replace today. It was glued to the cabinet with silicone as per instructions and peeling it off and cleaning up the silicone was the hardest part. Other than that it went pretty smooth.

Yeah one of the jobs I dislike a lot is removing old silicone caulk/RTV sealant. I have used spray silicone sealer removers in the past and they work pretty good.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

LoL , sounds like we were both doing sinking jobs lol
    I don’t envy a plumbers job , lying under the sink especially since it’s in a small bathroom , not much place and room ,

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

A bit of work on the windows on the chapel side of the house today. Fixed the storm windows and left them open for some breeze in there and fixed a screen.

Also, for something completely different, I actually took the time to edit a video. It’s been a long time.

Was a strange week and day today , my boss is leaving today , was his last day at the company 35 years , it’s been about 2 years , since they started getting rid of people , and dumping more work and tasks plus responsibly to cell leaders , he’s had enough , he’s fortune he found another job ,
    I wish him the best ,
    Now we have to deal with another new boss , this should be interesting

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Was a strange week and day today , my boss is leaving today , was his last day at the company 35 years , it’s been about 2 years , since they started getting rid of people , and dumping more work and tasks plus responsibly to cell leaders , he’s had enough , he’s fortune he found another job ,

I wish him the best ,

Yeah sure it was tough to lose a boss/co worker after several years. Sounds like he has made the right choice. Good for him.

Never easy having a new boss. I witnessing this at my work with 2 different bosses in year in our Maintenance dept. Three Maintenance guys quit just in the last few months.

Greg

I wish him the best ,

Yeah sure it was tough to lose a boss/co worker after several years. Sounds like he has made the right choice. Good for him.

Never easy having a new boss. I witnessing this at my work with 2 different bosses in year in our Maintenance dept. Three Maintenance guys quit just in the last few months.

Yeah , especially this boss , he was more a friend co worker than a boss , I mean I’ve been his GC for the past 15 plus years lol

Actually in our department of mechanical adjuster /precision fitting , we have been through easily 12 bosses

Today was a great day , I had the intention of cutting the grass , but instead weeded around the backyard for over an hour , then spent the after lunch with my wife and daughter , then our daughter went inside and talked to her bff , and I spent the afternoon hanging with my wife , was a great afternoon by the pool

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I got the first window trimmed out on the outside. There is enough variation from window to window with the siding and how the old windows were put in I just decided to do them one at a time instead of trying to batch them out.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I got the first window trimmed out on the outside.

They really look good JDO. Simple but elegant.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I got the first window trimmed out on the outside. There is enough variation from window to window with the siding and how the old windows were put in I just decided to do them one at a time instead of trying to batch them out.

Looks good Jim. Sounds like doing one at a time. Might the best way to do this job.

Greg

That looks great , nicely done Jim ,
    What type of wood is that , what kind of finish will you be doing on this

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Cedar. Not sure on the finish. Wife is thinking none and just let it gray naturally. I did pick up some Thompson’s Water Seal but I have been hearing it flakes off so I am suspect of it’s durability. I am also considering Australian Timber Oil which sounds like an interesting blend of penitrating oils designed for outdoors.

Cedar. Not sure on the finish. Wife is thinking none and just let it gray naturally. I did pick up some Thompson’s Water Seal but I have been hearing it flakes off so I am suspect of it’s durability. I am also considering Australian Timber Oil which sounds like an interesting blend of penitrating oils designed for outdoors.

Cedar is a good choice , especially outside , I like the idea of your wife just letting it age , if you seal it , I guess it’s not going to grey as it would if you left it natural 🤷‍♂️

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Cedar. Not sure on the finish. Wife is thinking none and just let it gray naturally. I did pick up some Thompson’s Water Seal but I have been hearing it flakes off so I am suspect of it’s durability

I am sure it would be alright just leaving it natural. As cedar has it own natural oil in the wood. My Grandpa was a great believer leaving cedar with no finish on it.
    I used Thompsons water seal on my shed and a little fence at my old place. It has been both of them for 15 years. I am not sure I would use it again. I can’t remember if it flakes off. I never really paid that much attention to it.

I am also considering Australian Timber Oil which sounds like an interesting blend of penitrating oils designed for outdoors.

I never heard of this stuff before. It might be a good choice.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I never heard of this stuff before. It might be a good choice.

It’s made by Cabot. You can get it at Home Hardware here in Canukistan.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It’s made by Cabot.

Ok. I have heard of Cabot before. I think maybe Lowes sells it. I can’t say I have seen at Home Hardware before. Mine I am fairly new at this Home Hardware I shop at now.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 2,021 through 2,040 (of 2,507 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.392 seconds