dcsimg

V-40 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,001 through 2,020 (of 2,506 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anyway, I was too worn out by the end of a day working with the shovel again.

Man that sounds like a full day JDO. Digging out plants is tough work but at least it all paid off.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Twice now an ATV has climbed the hill on our lot and ran over trees we planted (one of the times was both ways). We have a corner lot and I guess some people think that it’s just fine to use our lot as a shortcut around the corner. Not cool, got some snow fencing up and rope where there is blanks in that.

Have you considered this?

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-719-0240-26_Pas_de_Calais_Atlantikwall_Panzersperren

What the heck is this?

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Today was a lame day as it is so darn hot and humid and my body needs a little recovery.

Yesterday I struggled to work in pain but got some more sheathing done on my Shed Build II.

Added some sheets on the short roof to finally avert water pooling on the interior of the shed.

It was a temp measure which I just felt the ply floor was getting too much water at times for which we are expecting a lot of rain in the next week or so and some of the floor was showing signs of the top layer bubbling in a few spots despite the primer I put on it last fall.

The weather/rain forecast is so erratic right now. Don’t know when I can work on it for sure.

The heat and humidity has been bad the last few days. It has stopped me from doing jobs around the house during the week. Doesn’t help I am on nights this week too. Normally I switch my nights off. I am just enjoying the new central air. Timing couldn’t be more perfect for the install of the new furnace and a/c.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

What the heck is this?

Looks like the anti-tank barriers that were placed on the beach at Normandy to prevent the allies from landing with armor support. I think the suggestion being to place some kind of barrier to prevent the ATVs from using your property as a shortcut.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Twice now an ATV has climbed the hill on our lot and ran over trees we planted (one of the times was both ways). We have a corner lot and I guess some people think that it’s just fine to use our lot as a shortcut around the corner. Not cool, got some snow fencing up and rope where there is blanks in that.

Have you considered this?

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-719-0240-26_Pas_de_Calais_Atlantikwall_Panzersperren

What the heck is this?

Those are tank derailers on the shores of the beaches during the D-Day invasion the Germans had put up.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

What a day!

Got my second vax shot yesterday and it knocked the stuffing out of me for today. I moved a few shovels full of dirt around, but that’s about it. No energy at all.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

No energy at all.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

What a day!

Got my second vax shot yesterday and it knocked the stuffing out of me for today. I moved a few shovels full of dirt around, but that’s about it. No energy at all.

Well that stinks Jim. Have heard a lot of people have reactions to the second shot. Hope you get to feeling better.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I got the shed doors taken off, cut a bit off the bottom, and put them back up again. Now the ramp to it can stay in place instead of having to move it to close the doors.

Burned a tank of gas in the mower today cutting the lawn too.

What a day!

Yeah , I still haven’t been feeling 100 percent since my second shot , hopefully it will settle itself up

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Now the ramp to it can stay in place instead of having to move it to close the doors

That’s a time saver right there for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I’m going for my second shot tomorrow. Had the Astra in early April, and now it’s gonna be Moderna.

That first Astrazenica shot gave me a 101-103 degrees fever for a good day and a bit which was somewhat helped to be kept in check with Tylenols every four hours, but I lost an additional few days to recover from the drained out feeling where I couldn’t do much of anything.

Just wondering how the Moderna will affect me which I’ve wisely tried to book when I know the forecast is almost nothing but rain off and on til Friday or the weekend. I’m in my outdoor construction season and I’m trying to be as efficient as possible with this.

I read that the Astra has worse side effects after it’s first dose rather than receiving it as your second dose whereas the other two (Phizer – Moderna) here in Canada tend to have their worst side effects after their second doses. Just not sure how this is gonna work switching from one vaccine type to another insofar as what side effects prevail for me in my scenario switcing vaccine types for my second dose.

Had a friend come over on the weekend to help me on Saturday that helped me a lot last year while he was off due to Covid at his work from May til October. He said he didn’t even have his first shot as he believes that nonsense on social media about how these vaccines are all a Bill Gates conspiracy to plant microchips in some convoluted idiocy perpetuated by nefarious characters on the internet. I tried to be gentle and get him on board with being vaccinated, but he’s a stubborn guy. Yet, he’s always gotten the annual flu vaccine whereas I never have. Go figure eh!

I saw a W5 report a while back about WHO can get affected by QAnon and other non-traditional social media outlets. I was surprised to learn it has nothing to do with intelligence, social standing, or marital/parental status etc… Seems that social psychologists say it has more to do with how one feels ‘disparate’ or frustrated with their lives and at ‘odds’ with their environment or society more than anything. They don’t trust ‘what mamma told/taught’ them as their lives or social relatrionsho\ips are not to their satisfaction and these parhias on the internet feed off that to give them an outlet of ‘alternative’ that steps outside of the real world into a world they can feel better part of and gulp up.

According to the psychologists and other experts, the best way to deal with such social media nonsense victims is to not chastize them, not call them out, or worse, get angry with such misled individuals. Talk to them. Get their input. Gently take them by the hand if they are at least willing to listen to help them to understand they are being duped by social media.

Tough job all around to say the least. My good buddy Sean for over four decades is one of them, but I think I made inroads this past weekend talking to him a reasonable non-confrontational manner about his misled beliefs fed by social media nonsense. Love him dearly! Hate to see him die or maybe be the cause of someone dying should he not be vaccinated. He’s one of the most decent persons I’ve ever known and I would hate it if he died if he suffered in any way because of some arses who like to F with people on the internet just for their own self-grandiosing needs to be ‘important’ or simply EVIL in what they do to others!

NOTE: No political idealogies said here, and let’s keep it that way in replies please.

@Doobie I too received the AZ in the end of April , similar symptoms , then just last long weekend here johnny the Baptist lol , I received the second one , took the pfizer 🙄
    Thought I was going to be great , after I went to bed , that’s where it hit , fever and extremely sore joints , especially the knees and hips and lower back , but I’ll definitely take those symptoms instead of risking getting covid19 , a few of my colleagues had it , they said it was the hardest thing they ever had , 5 plus weeks of feeling like carp , then a few months after that to get back to normal , one guy is still saying he has short term memory loss because of the covid19
    Good luck with your shot 💉🥃 lol

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Last few days have been a real pain in you know where.

A property I bought with plans to turn into a short term vacation rental is under renovations. There is a drain blockage in the main line and the drain cleaner has come back with tree roots on the snake. Looks like I need to find the location of the root intrusion and repair the pipe. Camera inspection was of no use due to the camera got into dirty water once it gets close and once the camera is under water nothing is visible.

I started digging and it’s the kind of work I hate the most. In the hot summer, and we have a storm here, so dig and rain, dig and rain, you dig a trench the rain comes through the trench gets half way filled back up.

What is even more frustrating is once I exposed the pipe, I found a section of concrete slab over the pipe, sitting diagonally tilted buried in the ground. LOTS OF ROOTS to clear away.

So I had to dig up the entire slab because it was sitting on the pipe. Turned out it’s full size i s 48″X24″, 4 inches thick, with REBARS in it.

With tropical storm ELSA over to the west of us, several days of bad weather. I haven’t found the root invasion section yet. I am getting too old for this back breaking work.

Pretty sure when they did the repipe from cast iron to PVC, they dug the trench and may be a section of a sidewalk had to be torn out, and after the plumber did the pipe and left, the backfill crew pushed that sidewalk right on the pipe as “fill”. Idiots.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I got the last 2 windows taken out today and put back in. Glad that’s done with. Still have all the trim to do on them. I also got a bit of aluminium flashing firred out and put over another hole my wife found after seeing the chipmunk go in there.

Last few days have been a real pain in you know where.

A property I bought with plans to turn into a short term vacation rental is under renovations. There is a drain blockage in the main line and the drain cleaner has come back with tree roots on the snake. Looks like I need to find the location of the root intrusion and repair the pipe. Camera inspection was of no use due to the camera got into dirty water once it gets close and once the camera is under water nothing is visible.

I started digging and it’s the kind of work I hate the most. In the hot summer, and we have a storm here, so dig and rain, dig and rain, you dig a trench the rain comes through the trench gets half way filled back up.

What is even more frustrating is once I exposed the pipe, I found a section of concrete slab over the pipe, sitting diagonally tilted buried in the ground. LOTS OF ROOTS to clear away.

So I had to dig up the entire slab because it was sitting on the pipe. Turned out it’s full size i s 48″X24″, 4 inches thick, with REBARS in it.

With tropical storm ELSA over to the west of us, several days of bad weather. I haven’t found the root invasion section yet. I am getting too old for this back breaking work.

Pretty sure when they did the repipe from cast iron to PVC, they dug the trench and may be a section of a sidewalk had to be torn out, and after the plumber did the pipe and left, the backfill crew pushed that sidewalk right on the pipe as “fill”. Idiots.

Geeze man , that sucks , you seem to get lots of these situations , good luck with that , and hope you stay safe with that Storm coming 🤞🙏

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

’m going for my second shot tomorrow. Had the Astra in early April, and now it’s gonna be Moderna.

That first Astrazenica shot gave me a 101-103 degrees fever for a good day and a bit which was somewhat helped to be kept in check with Tylenols every four hours, but I lost an additional few days to recover from the drained out feeling where I couldn’t do much of anything

I have a hard time why something is suppose to help from getting sick. Makes you sick. I know it effects people differently.

I also know Covid affects people differently as well. We had 2 people from work that had and were off work for weeks. They came back to work with no side effects.

According to the psychologists and other experts, the best way to deal with such social media nonsense victims is to not chastize them, not call them out, or worse, get angry with such misled individuals. Talk to them. Get their input. Gently take them by the hand if they are at least willing to listen to help them to understand they are being duped by social media.

I know there is alot stuff on social media. I am pretty sure the stuff you see on the news doesn’t help.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

and after the plumber did the pipe and left, the backfill crew pushed that sidewalk right on the pipe as “fill”. Idiots.

Man what can go wrong will go wrong. That looks like a real mess fro sure. Tough deal hot sun now Elsa. Hope after the storm clears out you get it fixed.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Still training the new guy , then came home and started some of the finish touching up to the powder room and the living room ,
    Also laying out the baseboard in the powder room behind the toilet to accommodate the toilet speedway

Doobie

Surprise, surprise! So far after my second Covid vaxx yesterday afternoon, this time being Moderna versus the three plus days of being debilitated after my first Astrazenica dose in early April, aside from the expected non-debilitating injection site soreness, I’m in fine form. Been doin’ tons of stuff today!

I know it can take a few days for adverse affects to kick in, but in most cases adverse affects kick in 4 to 12 hours after injection which I’m well past now. With my dose of Astra, it started to kick in after 9 hours for me back in April with fever up to 103 for a good day and a half and borderline nausea wanting to toss my biscuits which fortunately I never did.

I had planned my 2nd vax shot around crappy weather being in the forecast or simply no real obligations for a 2-3 day period after my shot. Seems it was all for naught despite my strongly sensed fears I would be even worse off with adverse affects getting a Moderna shot than my first one from what I read.

Aside from doing some office crap foisted on me unexpectedly today and selfishly watching our Canadians in the Wimbledon Quarter Finals for hours this morning into the afternoon, I did get out and completed a bunch of assessment work with design decisions and directions with my shed build today into the nite reaching for flashlites to complete my objectives.

Working now on an inventory assessment and potential materials list for the shed build working forward, but I think I have most of what I need already except for some oddball items. Haven’t had to go to HD for months actually.

Tomorrow is definitely a rain day. When it shows the hourly forecast 80-90% thruout the day for rain, that’s bankable that outdoors work is not in the cards. I’m just glad I’m not suffering from the Covid shot from yesterday. May just make a big batch of seafood Mac & Cheese my family has been clamoring me for for a while tomorrow for dinner after watching more Wimbledon in the early morning. I’m a bit of a tennis nut obviously. Just thrilled that my second shot is not laying me up…at least so far! Fingers crossed on that thrill! You never know if I’m not out of the woods with that yet.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,001 through 2,020 (of 2,506 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 2.146 seconds