dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,961 through 1,980 (of 2,056 total)
  • Author

Well after picking up the dog last night , it took 3 hours to get everything sorted out ,
    Paperwork and then he went by cargo , we picked up the paperwork , then had to drive back to the airport , and after getting the paperwork signed , back to the cargo warehouse , then home ,
    And again this morning , left at 830 so we could drop him off for 9 am , but we finally left at 10:30 , what a runaround , especially with the covid19
    Anyway he’s resting in Toronto , and will leave for his final forever home in Victoria
    At least we were able to give him some TLC. He was a great dog
    It was heartbreaking this morning when we dropped him off
    Anyway sorry about that post , wasn’t working related , but just what I did in the shop and home

Doobie

Well,

We had another viewing today. Returning visit. We went to the neighbours and could over hear them talking about where to put a hot tub outside. They didn’t even look in the house, just at the outside. Talking about installing a patio door, where was the septic tank, putting in another patio, etc.

We will see if there is an offer in the works.

Perhaps moving this year is in the cards. I see a lot of driving in my furture.

That sounds like they want it to me. You don’t discuss those things unless you are really picturing owning the property.

Fingers crossed for you Jim!

Well,

We had another viewing today. Returning visit. We went to the neighbours and could over hear them talking about where to put a hot tub outside. They didn’t even look in the house, just at the outside. Talking about installing a patio door, where was the septic tank, putting in another patio, etc.

Fingers crossed for you guys Jim , that sounds like a good thing , maybe an economical vehicle lol is what you need lol

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

You have a kind heart Brian. Glad you took care of the dog! I see the cat looking out the door !

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Well,

That sounds good that you had a returning visit. From what you over heard it sounds pretty good. Fingers crossed Jim!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

You have a kind heart Brian. Glad you took care of the dog! I see the cat looking out the door !

Thank you Ron 🙏, lol yeah he’s our photo bomb

Gotta go back to HD today , they scanned the Bosch max blade twice yesterday , my bad , I was in a hurry and didn’t really look at the bill till later on when I was thinking about how much they charged me 🤷‍♂️
    No big deal , I might have to buy something else lol

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Gotta go back to HD today , they scanned the Bosch max blade twice yesterday , my bad , I was in a hurry and didn’t really look at the bill till later on when I was thinking about how much they charged me 🤷‍♂️

Good luck getting that straightened out without too much hassle.

I am wondering how they would verify that after the fact. If I see something scanned twice while if was happening I would say something and they could see I have one and not two. How would they verify that afterwards? Do they check their real inventory against what’s shown in the computer or they go by what the Custer says? Interested to know how they handle this.

I am wondering how they would verify that after the fact. If I see something scanned twice while if was happening I would say something and they could see I have one and not two. How would they verify that afterwards? Do they check their real inventory against what’s shown in the computer or they go by what the Custer says? Interested to know how they handle this.

I’m not sure , I picked it out from there tool rental zone , because it’s not a item that’s in the shelves , I called them back about 30 minutes after I figured it out , hopefully it will not be a problem

Doobie

I doubt they would check inventory levels to verify, but what they might check is which cashier you went thru and see if she has a history of screwing up.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I doubt they would check inventory levels to verify, but what they might check is which cashier you went thru and see if she has a history of screwing up.

I take extra care when buying stuff especially lumber, conduits and pipes. If I have a bunch say ten of 4×4, twenty of 1X4, fifteen of 2×4 or something like that I would organized them on the cart grouped together, all the bar codes facing the same way. I would then tell the cashier I have how many of this, how many of that. They just click the scanner and sometimes beep beep beep beep you don’t know how many times they beeped and they don’t pay much attention themselves either.

Just last week I bought at a grocery store two packs of strawberries and one carton of soy milk. I checked the receipt when I got to the car and it says two soy milk and one strawberries. The prices were not too far off I didn’t bother to go back and be sent to returns and have to rebuy. Forget it.

Doobie

Reminds me of being shorted a $20 out of the bank machine one time. I walked into the bank as I realized immediately I had been shorted and told the teller what happened and they said they will have to check the ‘count’ overnite and see if they can refund it. Back then, hardly anybody did online banking. When I got back home half an hour later, I looked at my account online and the $20 was deposited in my account.

The funny thing is, I know further that it was a lie from the get-go as the banks don’t tend to their own machines, everything is done via third party security companies for their bank machines, even the ones in the lobby of the branches themselves. It’s also one of the reasons that you have a much higher chance of getting a counterfeit out of a bank machine than you do from a teller. The third party companies don’t check for bogus bills as diligently as they should.

I’m not sure , I picked it out from there tool rental zone , because it’s not a item that’s in the shelves , I called them back about 30 minutes after I figured it out , hopefully it will not be a problem

Done that was very quick and easy , no problems what so ever , apparently the items show somehow on the barcode 🤷‍♂️ either way I received the refund

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Gotta go back to HD today , they scanned the Bosch max blade twice yesterday ,

Glad it all worked out and was easy to boot. Good deal.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Done that was very quick and easy , no problems what so ever , apparently the items show somehow on the barcode 🤷‍♂️ either way I received the refund

Glad that worked out for you fairly easily. Sometimes it is a bit more of a challenge. 🙂 DAMHIKT

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I got double tapped for a tool, $70+ Didn’t notice for a few months. Of course I went back…. they said they would check cashier surveilence video and get back to me. They never did. Now I keep a watchful eye when I check out

I got double tapped for a tool, $70+ Didn’t notice for a few months. Of course I went back…. they said they would check cashier surveilence video and get back to me. They never did. Now I keep a watchful eye when I check out

Wow yeah that’s a little bit longer than my situation , to bad about that ,

Thanks guys , yup happy camper ,

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 5 windows and a patio door.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Installed 5 windows and a patio door.

Sounds like a full day for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

At home today…hip started really bothering me last night and it was still at it this morning so I took the day. The physical therapist said it would most likely take 4 to 6 months to get back to 100% as long as I didn’t abuse it.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Viewing 20 posts - 1,961 through 1,980 (of 2,056 total)
  • The topic ‘V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.277 seconds