dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 326 total)
  • Author

Finished my stair treads. Just in time before the snow comes. Still need a little work on the rail cap and need to add cables.

Looks good , I guess you will have those cables running through the stair railing as well. Looks like a nice design.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I’ve been remodeling a bathroom this week. Tore out everything and am putting in a new tub and surround, built a short wall to enclose the space and will be continuing to finish it as the week continues.

Charlie

Instagram

Well it looks like it’s back to the drawing board
    Started up the filling station vacuum , and it went to fault mode
    Told my supervisor better get a technician from the high vacuum supplier to get in and take a look at the system

Just not getting ahead with this 25 year old system
    Starting to feel like I keep hitting the wall in this project

Not feeling 100 percent either , must have some sort of viral infection
    Very dizzy
    Just don’t feel good today
    Gonna breathe in some oxygen from one of the tanks.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

I’m tackling some last minute framing that got overlooked at the house we’re working on, then heading to the backyard of the same build to prep out the sub base for a block retaining wall, then after that in heading back over to a modular home development to help with siding and entry deck construction.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Went to a neighbours to look at his snow thrower. No luck getting it going. It’s getting fuel, it’s sprarking, I think just not at the right time. It wouldn’t start even giving it a good dose of ether, so that makes me think there is something wonky with the timing or valves. Got home a switched positions of the my mower and blower in the shed. Got mine started up OK. Then put the winter mats in the car along with the snow brushes. Getting closer to being ready for winter. Another neighbour wants me to do a bit of trim work for her. I had to tell her I am backed up a bit. I have an appointment with the Dr to see about my smoking and high blood pressure. I burn out and lose energy so fast any more that it’s worrying me.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Went to a neighbours to look at his snow thrower. No luck getting it going. It’s getting fuel, it’s sprarking, I think just not at the right time. It wouldn’t start even giving it a good dose of ether, so that makes me think there is something wonky with the timing or valves. Got home a switched positions of the my mower and blower in the shed. Got mine started up OK. Then put the winter mats in the car along with the snow brushes. Getting closer to being ready for winter. Another neighbour wants me to do a bit of trim work for her. I had to tell her I am backed up a bit. I have an appointment with the Dr to see about my smoking and high blood pressure. I burn out and lose energy so fast any more that it’s worrying me.

Did you neighbor hit anything with his snow thrower ? Usually will break the shear pins, but can also partially shear the flywheel key.. mashing it to one side enough to throw the timing off.

Did you neighbor hit anything with his snow thrower ? Usually will break the shear pins, but can also partially shear the flywheel key.. mashing it to one side enough to throw the timing off.

I don’t think so, but I told him I want another look at it to check the valves. Perhaps they need to be re-set or maybe a bent rocker arm. I hate being beat by a machine.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 3 aluminum patio doors in a rental building.
    Nothing to be worthy of some pics.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Installed new height adjusters in a gym. We were supposed to install 6 but only got five done, so back tomorrow.

We had to remove some pipes from the structure and replace them with others that fit between the uprights instead of in front of them. The uprights were 66″ between and they sent 61″ pipes. I enede up having to buy 12 – 10′ x 1 1/2″ schedule 40 pipes and cut them down to the 66′ then drill holes through both ends so we could put a bolt through them. By the time I got the material and had them cut and drilled, we had about 6 hours into it. Now we will have another 1 1/2 hours of travel time each way tomorrow to do about an hours worth of work.

The school was having conferences in the gym at 3:30 so we had a hard stop and had to be all cleaned up and out of there by then. Had we had the right material, we would have been done. Fortunately, it was the suppliers screw up so we will be able to bill the extra time and material it took,

It is just frustrating as I had other things planned for tomorrow that may not get done now.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Just a follow up from earlier…
    Didn’t have to leave the block wall job today as expected as my material arrived earlier than planned (which was a good thing).
    I managed to finish prepping the sub base and base.
    I don’t know how every other person preps for their block, but I was taught to over prep where possible.
    The sub base was packed in two lifts of 3-4″, and then the base (3/4″ minus crush) was placed and packed in two lifts totaling somewhere around 4″ thick.
    This wall was actually moved out from its original location because I found a couple of items that were easier to go around than to remove.
    There’s a large chunk of concrete from an old post base that splits the adjacent fence, and I didn’t really feel like having to repair the neighbour’s yard by removing it, and there is also a perforated drain pipe running from the neighbour’s yard right through where my first block was supposed to go.
    Now I’m going to tie my retaining wall drainage in to that existing one, and move the wall out from the fence line to create a “raised bed” of sorts.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I don’t think so, but I told him I want another look at it to check the valves. Perhaps they need to be re-set or maybe a bent rocker arm. I hate being beat by a machine.

Hopefully you’ll get it figured out. Sounds like a sheared keyway though.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 3 windows and a front door with sidelight.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Finished the base course on the block. Ready to pack and stack on Monday.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Finished the base course on the block. Ready to pack and stack on Monday.

Hope it goes fast. Nice you are ready to start putting courses down.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Several hours of work on the snow blower. Still not running. I got it to the point where it will kick, but won’t start yet. More tearing apart agian. I am now thinking the carb needs more cleaning. Valves are adjusted better now, I think that helped and I did a minor cleaning of the carb. Now to do a more thorough job.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Another round of dealing with woodpeckers, this time on the shop. When I enclosed the shop the tin siding was about 9″ shy of meeting the roofline.
    Woodpeckers figured out that the foam insulation could be chopped through pretty quickly to gain access to the attic area over the shop.
    Caught it in time before they set up camp due to the foam evidence all over the yard by the side of the shop.
    Cut some 12″ lengths of siding and added enough to enclose the top area to keep the woodpeckers from doing any more damage.
    One note, my Bosch 18V impact driver sure punches the self-tapping metal screws in a very nice fashion.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I managed to install a front door in the morning.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

At the beginning of October I decided to add another addition on to my house , it is 12 ft x 26 ft and is going to be my new shop seeing as my garage is full . I am just waiting on a 8 ft garage door to come .

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

At the beginning of October I decided to add another addition on to my house , it is 12 ft x 26 ft and is going to be my new shop seeing as my garage is full . I am just waiting on a 8 ft garage door to come .

Gonna be a nice shop cranbrook. You still have the Vette and Camero in the garage?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Hey long time , hope you and your family are doing well

Looks great , will you be doing metal or shingles on the roof , looks like you have both already. I like the metal one
    I’m on my smart phone hard to see , but it looks like metal roof on the highest portion.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 326 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.073 seconds