dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,601 through 1,620 (of 1,637 total)
  • Author

Hey everyone , it has been a while since i was here , I was extremely busy for the past year but about a month ago everything came to a sudden stop . I was working on the back of my house adding pine board and batten and i accidently took a dive off of the scaffolding . I landed on my shoulder and my humorous bone was pulled a inch out of my shoulder socket and shattered my shoulder some . I just recently had surgery a few weeks ago so . They put a 6 inch metal plate in with 8 screws
    i am on a holiday for a while .

That is one big ouch! Hey John, mend quickly and get back to those awesome birdhouses. So sorry to hear of your misfortune. I knew there was a reason I don’t like ladders or scaffolds. Take care.

Ouch! You’re getting too old to be trying to fly. Get well soon.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Hey everyone , it has been a while since i was here , I was extremely busy for the past year but about a month ago everything came to a sudden stop . I was working on the back of my house adding pine board and batten and i accidently took a dive off of the scaffolding . I landed on my shoulder and my humorous bone was pulled a inch out of my shoulder socket and shattered my shoulder some . I just recently had surgery a few weeks ago so . They put a 6 inch metal plate in with 8 screws

Hi nice to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your accident.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Nothing earth shattering, but I did get a bamboo fly rod repaired (wrapped an eyelet that had come off), did a couple hours worth of cutting and shaping some 1/4″ thick mild steel ‘spacers’ for the dueling tree to fix a known problem.

Also repaired a footpeg on the motorcycle as it appears ‘something’ hit it and trashed the metal casing for the foot peg.

Hope you heal soon John! Guess you will take it easy this summer.

Doobie

Finished installing the short planks around my shed entrance now that I installed the outdoor electrical outlet. Wifey was happy to see that finally dealt with. Still have to do the caulking, but I was in the sun by then and it was just too darn hot and humid.

So I went and started to install the PVC trim boards on one end of my lean-to shed. Was only partly in the sun at that point, and any further trim work needs to wait til I build the doors which likely won’t be anytime soon.

Still have to pound in the plugs into the Cortex screw holes that fasten the PVC.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

So sorry to hear about your accident. Sure hope the healing goes well and your back up and at it before long. Not too soon though, takes time to heal.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

i accidently took a dive off of the scaffolding . I landed on my shoulder and my humorous bone was pulled a inch out of my shoulder socket and shattered my shoulder some

Sorry to hear of your misfortune John. Wishing you a speedy recovery

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I will try this again. On Sunday I finally got around to using my Craftex Universal sharpener. I bought this several years ago at auction sale. I sharpened 2 sets of planer blades. It worked not too bad. While doing this I made supper on a new too me smoker. A co worker gave me this smoker. I cooked a beef roast and steak on the smoker.

Greg

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

While doing this I has supper on a new too me smoker.

No matter how much I tried, I can’t figure out this sentence.
    Or the connection with that Craftex tool.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Installed 5 windows.

A very big one among them.

Man that was a big window, lots of light being let in there. Hope they like it during the winter though. Was it double pane?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Installed 5 windows.

A very big one among them.

Nicely done , looks good , that’s a pretty big window

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

While doing this I has supper on a new too me smoker.

No matter how much I tried, I can’t figure out this sentence.

Or the connection with that Craftex tool.

Sorry it has nothing to with installing Windows or doors.

I was smoking meat on the smoker for supper while using Crafted tool to sharpen my planer blades.

Greg

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Double pane.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

The Last two days we installed basketball hoops at a school about 45 minutes away. Stationary shooting stations with height adjusters that allow the hoops to raise and lower from 10 feet to 8 feet. Everything went well and we made good time replacing the old ones. The most frustrating part was the old baskets were original to the building, I saw a cornerstone that said 1962. All of the nuts and bolts were old square head and fairly large. Because of that all the disassembly was with open end wrenches and we could not use our impacts. This really slowed down the removals.

The only real hiccup was on one of the hoops there was a conduit in the way of the pipes that support the structure. I was thinking I was going to make to make some 3/4″ steel shims to lower the structure to miss the conduit. I was looking through my bin of leftovers from other jobs at the shop and found 4 pieces that would work perfect to create the space to get by the conduit without relocating it. Saved me a lot of work and time not having to make the shims.

Doobie

Everything went well and we made good time replacing the old ones. The most frustrating part was the old baskets were original to the building, I saw a cornerstone that said 1962. All of the nuts and bolts were old square head and fairly large. Because of that all the disassembly was with open end wrenches and we could not use our impacts. This really slowed down the removals.

Sounds you need to have a set like these in your kit Kurt.

https://www.blacksmithsdepot.com/sockets-for-square-head-bolts.html

The Last two days we installed basketball hoops at a school about 45 minutes away. Stationary shooting stations with height adjusters that allow the hoops to raise and lower from 10 feet to 8 feet. Everything went well and we made good time replacing the old ones. The most frustrating part was the old baskets were original to the building, I saw a cornerstone that said 1962. All of the nuts and bolts were old square head and fairly large. Because of that all the disassembly was with open end wrenches and we could not use our impacts. This really slowed down the removals.

The only real hiccup was on one of the hoops there was a conduit in the way of the pipes that support the structure. I was thinking I was going to make to make some 3/4″ steel shims to lower the structure to miss the conduit. I was looking through my bin of leftovers from other jobs at the shop and found 4 pieces that would work perfect to create the space to get by the conduit without relocating it. Saved me a lot of work and time not having to make the shims.

That’s pretty cool how they can slide up and down to adjust for the height
    Always nice to find left overs from previous jobs to save the day

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I had plans to do some work around the house yesterday. But wifey thought would be a good day to head to the beach. So I decided why not it is a holiday. We were alittle late heading out as my Dad stopped by to see how we were doing.
    After we got home from the beach the girls cooked spider dogs on a camp fire til the mosquito’s chased us in doors. It was great way to spend the day.

Greg

I had plans to do some work around the house yesterday. But wifey thought would be a good day to head to the beach. So I decided why not it is a holiday. We were alittle late heading out as my Dad stopped by to see how we were doing.

After we got home from the beach the girls cooked spider dogs on a camp fire til the mosquito’s chased us in doors. It was great way to spend the day.

Looks nice 👍 what are spider dogs 🤷‍♂️

Hahaha yeah I googled it , pretty funny , but makes sense now that I saw it 👍

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

what are spider dogs

Lemme educate you :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Viewing 20 posts - 1,601 through 1,620 (of 1,637 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.098 seconds