dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,561 through 1,580 (of 2,056 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

That Makita hole saw looks like quite the tool. I never really heard of them before. I will have too check them out.

I might be wrong, but I think they just came out a year or two ago. Except for pot light circle hole cutting, I never really liked Roto-Zips much. This Makita thing has blades for drywall or for wood. The blades are not cheap, but many reviewers say they last a long time as long as you don’t hit any nails with them.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We got 3 second story windows replaced yesterday, hoping for 3 more and a patio door today. Interior trim tomorrow and we will be done for a while with windows.

3 more windows and a patio door after we are done with these and there will be no more till next year.

Day off today because of a Quebec holiday Saint Jean the Baptist
    I’ll either cut the grass or work on the car today.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Same here: day off.
    26 km with my bike.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That Makita hole saw looks like quite the tool. I never really heard of them before. I will have too check them out.

I might be wrong, but I think they just came out a year or two ago. Except for pot light circle hole cutting, I never really liked Roto-Zips much. This Makita thing has blades for drywall or for wood. The blades are not cheap, but many reviewers say they last a long time as long as you don’t hit any nails with them.

I think I have saw them before never really knew what they were for. I am surprise that blades aren’t like recip blades that designed for cutting metal.
    Sounds like good tool too have.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Put a new fold-up trailer jack on the backup boat trailer and started working on grinding down the welds on the old hitch so I can replace it.
    Hoping I can grind the welds down without getting too far into the main channel – need some good metal there to attach the new hitch to.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Put a new fold-up trailer jack on the backup boat trailer and started working on grinding down the welds on the old hitch so I can replace it.

Hoping I can grind the welds down without getting too far into the main channel – need some good metal there to attach the new hitch to.

Did you get the fold up jack post with the wheel or just the flat plate

MTRoads
    Pro

Got one with ‘double’ wheels. Haven’t tried rolling that across the yard where the trailer is currently parked. If lucky it will not be an issue – if not…. well, I’ll deal with that when we get there.

Stan

Got one with ‘double’ wheels. Haven’t tried rolling that across the yard where the trailer is currently parked. If lucky it will not be an issue – if not…. well, I’ll deal with that when we get there.

Yeah I hear you , I had the one with the flat plate for the closed trailer , didn’t want it rolling around lol. Regardless it was fairly easy to move around.

MTRoads
    Pro

Yeah I hear you , I had the one with the flat plate for the closed trailer , didn’t want it rolling around lol. Regardless it was fairly easy to move around.

Ease of moving around is the key at the moment. This is a spare boat trailer that will eventually be the new trailer for the bass boat once I get it repaired, cleaned up and repainted.
    Then the trailer that is under the bass boat right now will get a makeover to turn it into a 4-wheel hauler. Never ending projects. 🙂

Stan

Doobie

Sorta finished instaling my outdoor gang electrical box on the outside of my shed. Morphed into adding a couple of extra outlets on the inside, which were long overdue and til today thought just wasn’t really feasible without moving way too much stuff around, but I took a good look at it, and developed a plan of attack that actually worked out well.

Haven’t finished it all yet, including hooking up to the panel, but I need one more box to keep going on it. The hard part was figuring out a way to get the drilling and the wiring thru the joists to the far end of the shed where there’s a fully stacked overhead lumber and long parts storage overhead of half of the run. I somehow managed without unloading a bunch of stuff, in fact, none had to be unloaded. Thank goodness for a fish tape reel for part of that and an 18 inch long auger bit, otherwise, it would have been unloading time. Desperately needed to avoid that.

Bit of a dog’s breakfast at times nonetheless though. All I had since installing the panel a few years ago was one outlet near the panel. From there there are a host of extension cords and power bars all over the place. It’ll be nice once done to recoup some of those items. Left a bunch of slack on the feeds as where I placed the two outlets away from the panel as they will get moved one day.

Used my new Bosch hole drilling dust extractor accessory for the first time drilling thru the joists where I could. Saved a lot of mess and clean up. Worked great hooked up to my 14 gallon Bosch vac on high suction.

Doobie

Wifey finally fed me late and I got a second wind of sorts after quafin’ a few beers and went and got one of the other outlets done near the panel that serves as a secondary feed to one of the double ganged outside outlets and feeds one of the runs I ran today.

Real dog to get it wired the way I needed. Lots of foolin’ around on this one and probably my box is crowded per code, but it’s pretty tidy and tight. It’s an uninsulated shed.

Took a while to configure how I’d spread them all out amenably, but that’s part of the fun of doing electrical. It’s often a problem solving task which I enjoy dealing with that sort of thing.

When needed, I consult my electrical buddy, which I did in regards to the double feed issue to the outddoor double ganged outlet, which he said was unorthodox in a residential apllication, but commonly done in commercial settings.

I’ll have my electrician buddy take a gander at my work when he comes over, which should be soon for other reasons. I’ve got two yellow marrets in there to function it the way I need with the feed and two outlets and the recepticle itself along with a larger orange marret for the ground configurarion. Thank goodness I have strong fingers, one of the marrets for the ground was six of them. Took a few attempts to get a tight tie for all of them.

Not gonna connect it to the panel yet tonite as I want to see if I can get a double pole 20A breaker or a breaker double up bar to have both new lines joined into one pull for safety reasons and also because I have a bunch of 20A singles already set in the panel with no connection. Not a necessity, just better that way for the outside ganged one that has two feeds. Gotta feeling that HD ain’t gonna have this.

I can fool with wiring recepticles half looped, but getting into a panel is not wise after hitting the six pack beer mark. Surprised I mustered thru the wiring of that recepticle. I wanted to give up at a few frustrating junctions.

The double feed to the outtdoor outlet made it much more demanding. Gonna have to do the same for the outdoor’s other feed, but I need another box for that which I previously mentioned I don’t have on hand. Ate up all the ones I had on hand expanding this outdoor outlet wiring install to also encompass desperatly long ovedrdue additional interior shed wiring. Glad I made that additional effort though. Long overdue for additional interior recepticles.

20200625_042647

Ease of moving around is the key at the moment. This is a spare boat trailer that will eventually be the new trailer for the bass boat once I get it repaired, cleaned up and repainted.

Then the trailer that is under the bass boat right now will get a makeover to turn it into a 4-wheel hauler. Never ending projects. 🙂

Sounds like a good project , those boat trailers are pretty nice , my brother in law turned one into a nice 5×9 utility trailer , was great , much easier backing it up because of the longer tongue.
    Should make a great 4×4 hauler.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed a patio door and a window.
    Both commercial brown hybrid.

MTRoads
    Pro

Sounds like a good project , those boat trailers are pretty nice , my brother in law turned one into a nice 5×9 utility trailer , was great , much easier backing it up because of the longer tongue.

Should make a great 4×4 hauler.

I am hoping so, now that I have the welder I can pretty much create the deck and loading ramps (from the side rather than the back) any way I want them.

Stan

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Finished up a little deck build this morning.y favorite way to end the week is with an early day and completed project!

Finished up a little deck build this morning.y favorite way to end the week is with an early day and completed project!

Looks great , 👌

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 6 windows and a door.

MTRoads
    Pro

Nice project, looks great!

Stan

Doobie

Did some further electrical work in the shed. Think I’ll finish up tomorrow.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,561 through 1,580 (of 2,056 total)
  • The topic ‘V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.553 seconds