dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,501 through 1,520 (of 2,056 total)
  • Author

Installing the new slightly larger nitrogen tank under the filling station , have to find bigger wg clamps to attach to the framing , also had them make me a pressure regulator , so it doesn’t blow out anything else under the system

Received a few emails from my supervisor and manager saying congrats on the great work last week from the audit , we passed again , good for another year , funny I never even got a free coffee lmao

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Received a few emails from my supervisor and manager saying congrats on the great work last week from the audit , we passed again

Congrats on passing the audit, always nice to get that behind you.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed couple of doors.
    Different houses.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Lots of sanding to do a little finish up project in the house. The last project for this house.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

JimDaddyO wrote:
    Doobie wrote:
    I had in my head there was a diff with what oil was needed for 4 stroke verus other engines. I guess not?

The other option is 2 stroke oil that you mix with gas. Not what you want.

That I knew. Funny, now that everything is going battery and I have a host of Makita outdoor stuff, I’m thinking of getting rid of the few 2-stroke things I have entirely.

I know what you mean. I thinking about get battery powered lawn mower when we move into the new place. I have a lawmower that is 4 stroke. As much as I would love to get a battery powered chainsaw I think I will keep my gas powered ones. As there is times I go off camping or out in the bush where battery powered might not be too good to haveLOL!!!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

JimDaddyO wrote:

Doobie wrote:

I had in my head there was a diff with what oil was needed for 4 stroke verus other engines. I guess not?

That I knew. Funny, now that everything is going battery and I have a host of Makita outdoor stuff, I’m thinking of getting rid of the few 2-stroke things I have entirely.

I know what you mean. I thinking about get battery powered lawn mower when we move into the new place. I have a lawmower that is 4 stroke. As much as I would love to get a battery powered chainsaw I think I will keep my gas powered ones. As there is times I go off camping or out in the bush where battery powered might not be too good to haveLOL!!!

Well I have to tell you , I’m loving my cordless lawnmower and other outside garden tools , I think if you would have a few batteries for the chainsaw , regardless of the brand , you would have no problem with bringing it camping or in the bush , especially since you already have a few Makita batteries , you should be fine.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The last project for this house.

Kinda sad considering how much work you have put into the place.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

JimDaddyO wrote:

Doobie wrote:

Well I have to tell you , I’m loving my cordless lawnmower and other outside garden tools , I think if you would have a few batteries for the chainsaw , regardless of the brand , you would have no problem with bringing it camping or in the bush , especially since you already have a few Makita batteries , you should be fine.

My Makita chainsaw does not seem to be a battery hog at all. I used it past week for about 15-20 minutes and it didn’t even drop a bar.

I also used my rotary grond tiller for well around 40 minutes steady last week. Dropped only one bar.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Kinda sad considering how much work you have put into the place.

I guess you could look at it that way.

I prefer to look at the payoff for my work. What I put into this house is certainly paying better dividends than anything else I put money into. Better than my retirement savings plan by a long shot.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

JimDaddyO wrote:

Doobie wrote:

Get a portable generator inverter to bring along to charge your batteries LOL.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Better than my retirement savings plan by a long shot.

That’s looking on the bright side I guess.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Started framing 4 decks on thee 4plex I built last fall. My helper didn’t show so it was a slow start. Hopefully have them done tomorrow.

So those decks are basically right beside each other , gotta love the neighbors being that close LoL

Looking good for being by yourself though ,

Nice building 👌

I wonder if the side by side decks/balconies would have a wall separator in between, or can they basically touch each other?

Judging by the picture , I see a support wall between them , but not sure how far the deck would be allowed to come out further from the separation , I don’t think it’s allowed by code for that style and type of property , but maybe Alex will let us know more

Just a pillar between them that you can see from the front. They have a 6ft privacy fence.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I got the wall behind the bed in the master bedroom panelled in T&G pine, plus 2 coats of poly, and the trim back up. Long day.

Doobie

I dislike Adirondak/Muskoka chairs myself, but wifey has in her mind to restore these near 20 year old Costco pine kit chairs. What can I do?

Had wifey sand them down with my Makita cordless sander and some hand sanding, and today picked up some exterior wood filler I never tried, but that the gal at HD said is really good, as well picked some nice blue paint for them at Ben Moore along with some primer. I know they’ll need another treatment of filler despite using my two 1900 lumen Bpsch lights on their stands pate tonite.

JimDaddyO wrote:

Doobie wrote:

My Makita chainsaw does not seem to be a battery hog at all. I used it past week for about 15-20 minutes and it didn’t even drop a bar.

I also used my rotary grond tiller for well around 40 minutes steady last week. Dropped only one bar.

Yeah that’s what I thought , the cordless tools and batteries have come a long way , still have some battery hogs that just gobble up the power , but for the most part , especially nowadays most people don’t just have 1 battery , most I assume have multiple batteries ready to go 🤷‍♂️,

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I dislike Adirondak/Muskoka chairs myself

My wife doesn’t like them either. But she is only 5′ 1″ and her feet don’t touch the ground when she sits in them. Plus, they are kind of a pain to store in winter.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I got the wall behind the bed in the master bedroom panelled in T&G pine, plus 2 coats of poly, and the trim back up. Long day.

Does sound like a full day, is this the last project before the sale?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Does sound like a full day, is this the last project before the sale?

Yup, it’s the last one I’m doing. Just keeping things clean and maintained now. Mowed the lawn today.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Lots of sanding to do a little finish up project in the house. The last project for this house.

I looked back and didn’t see anything . Are you moving Jim or just not doing anymore to the house?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I looked back and didn’t see anything . Are you moving Jim or just not doing anymore to the house?

Got the realtor’s sign on the lawn yesterday.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,501 through 1,520 (of 2,056 total)
  • The topic ‘V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.377 seconds