dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,361 through 1,380 (of 2,056 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

No work today.

At 38 degrees on thermometer I didn’t feel like going up on a ladder.

Man that is hot for this time of the year.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

No work today.

At 38 degrees on thermometer I didn’t feel like going up on a ladder.

Good idea , stay safe 👍

Have to pick up another 1/4-20 tap today , snapped the other one yesterday afternoon tapping into the stainless , after work I’ll finish installing the hand rail for the pool stairs ,
    Nice thing about working around the pool , when I’m to hot , lol I just jump in and cool off ,

In the shop , just received the nitrogen , so I’ll swap out the bottle , then pump out the air in the line , hopefully I’ll bake out the gases in the line by the weekend.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I guess you guys don’t use the compost bins

I compost just about everything, and then feed it to my garden.

I guess you guys don’t use the compost bins

I compost just about everything, and then feed it to my garden.

Hahaha sounds like me , I compost pretty much everything possible , next year , definitely getting a garden spot , just have to try to keep the critters out , we have a tall fence , but also backing into the forest behind us , we frequently have Rabbit and all sorts of little rodents lol.

Even now that they Pick up the huge garbage bin every two weeks , it’s still about a third full , but every week , the big recycling bin and small compost bin are full
    Amazing how much people used to throw out into the garbage every week 🤯

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

What is a compost bin?

We have a household garbage bin, a recycle bin and a yard waste bin.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

next year , definitely getting a garden spot

Get it started this year… feed it your compostables and mix in your shredded paper * no glossy or foils * everything else is good. Come next year you’ll have good soil.

I got a late start this season. Had some unexpected cold weather and late frost, along with some rainy days. I’m only about half way done with prep and planting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Have to pick up another 1/4-20 tap today , snapped the other one yesterday

Tapping SS is tough, very hard metal. Hope it all works out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

What is a compost bin?

We have a household garbage bin, a recycle bin and a yard waste bin.

Just a garbage bin for all sorts of food products that usually just went into the garbage , most city’s will pick it up. Making great soil

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Just a garbage bin for all sorts of food products that usually just went into the garbage

That would make some good soil for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Ended up doing a bit more welding in the shop today. The dueling tree was working well, but a few adjustments to the overall swing of the paddles was in order.
    Trials this weekend will let me know if this works.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

next year , definitely getting a garden spot

Get it started this year… feed it your compostables and mix in your shredded paper * no glossy or foils * everything else is good. Come next year you’ll have good soil.

I got a late start this season. Had some unexpected cold weather and late frost, along with some rainy days. I’m only about half way done with prep and planting

Thanks , I’m probably late again LoL ,
    I’m really thinking about cutting back on work next year , I just never have enough time in a day , this thing called work keeps getting in the way lol ,
    Thanks for the tips , I’ll definitely consider this

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but a few adjustments to the overall swing of the paddles was in order.
    Trials this weekend will let me know if this works.

It sometimes takes some adjustments to get everything working as it should. Hope the mods work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Spent the day milling wood. Working on the natural edge slabs and on some spalted/burl pieces. Flattening them. They will become bench and stool tops along with a few pieces for the lathe to become bowls.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

A couple of coats of poly on the cabinet. This time on the parts you do see. Some sanding and scraping involved in that too (how exciting). There is an issue with having a small shop with a project taken down into parts for finishing AND having to work around a tripod to get video.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Attachments:
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Dug up the 4″ main drain today at a rental. 20′ long trench 24″ deep. Many many tree roots to cut through.

My back is so sore I just want to drink a six pack and go to sleep.

IMG_20200529_175138

Doobie

Dug up the 4″ main drain today at a rental. 20′ long trench 24″ deep. Many many tree roots to cut through.

IMG_20200529_175138

I’ve done that, and I hear ya!

The last one I did a few years ago was in super rock hard clay two feet down running conduit to my shed build a distance of about 45 feet. I did it in sessions over a period over a week or so. I used my big SDS Max 11264 EVS hammer drill with Hitachi extender accessories and a clay/spade attachment. Really made a difference, but had I known how difficult that it was going to be, I should rented a real trench digger apparatus.

Something like this….

@miamicuse
    This post was edited 01JUN2020.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You can see all the tree roots. That must of been one tough trench to dig.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

IMG_20200529_175138

Yeah lots of roots , what did you use to cut the bigger ones ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I finally got my brake line repair on my truck. I got the new lbrake line on Wednesday. After spending several hours working on after work with not much success I quit working on as I was getting attacked by mosquitos. Then I Thursday we went and viewed another house. This was housed need some TLC and I want be the person to give the TLC. Then I found I have out we had 15 minutes to offer in on the house.
    So today I got the brake line installed. I had alittle issue with it wanting to leak. Now it is nap time as going to work tonight.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Brake lines are always a pain. Usually when one goes they all go.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,361 through 1,380 (of 2,056 total)
  • The topic ‘V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.399 seconds