dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,341 through 1,360 (of 2,056 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Today was a bit more sanding and final details. Finally started to put the poly on the parts of the cabinet you don’t see for a start.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I think the only thing was when it started with the pandemic , it was hard to see properties because of people being hesitant about other people entering their homes.
    Yeah the market in Toronto or other parts in Ontario have known for competitive buying market ,
    It’s one of the most stressful things is moving , setting up everything and all the changing of addresses and the sorts. Personally it never botherd me lol , my hairline is hereditary lol 🤫

The last two houses we looked at were empty. The next city over from where we are looking has places much cheaper. I am not too worried about changing address really.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The hardest part is when you have people paying $30 000.00 over asking price and competing against 7 other offers for one place.

Man that is a tough market right there. Hope you find the right place.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Retested the last batch of bulbs , ready to send out for the next process of installing them in the heads

After work I’ll drop off my taxes to our accountant , late but things happen , then I’ll try to get some things done around the house , hopefully I can get the pool ladder installed later today , I have enough hydrolic cement to plug the older holes , and relocate the ladder just over by about 8 inches.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Put in one of the window AC units, which was a challenge with the new windows. Put a second coat of poly on the parts of the cabinet you don’t see. That should do it for that part.

Installed a cabinet maker’s front vise on the basement workbench. It was a lot more involved installing to an already built bench versus planning for it. In the end though I was quite happy with it.

Too hot and muggy to work on the slabs we are flattening. Hopefully tomorrow.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 6 windows in a school.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Started setting up the pool this evening. Almost ready for summer now.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

The hardest part is when you have people paying $30 000.00 over asking price and competing against 7 other offers for one place.

Man that is a tough market right there. Hope you find the right place.

It has been tough and disappointing. I too hope we find the right place. I started to think it will be long process.

Put in one of the window AC units, which was a challenge with the new windows. Put a second coat of poly on the parts of the cabinet you don’t see. That should do it for that part.

I plan on hooking up the portable ac unit tomorrow after work. I ordered another one on Saturday. It should be here later this week. One of my window units quit last year so I need to get another one.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Started setting up the pool this evening. Almost ready for summer now.

Oh man looks like you have a plan for summer.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 2 bathroom windows.
    Different addresses.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Installed a cabinet maker’s front vise on the basement workbench. It was a lot more involved installing to an already built bench versus planning for it. In the end though I was quite happy with it.

Too hot and muggy to work on the slabs we are flattening. Hopefully tomorrow.

Looks like a very nice vise. It should be a nice addition to your work bench. I feel most jobs are more involved then first thought of.

Greg

Looks like a very nice vise. It should be a nice addition to your work bench. I feel most jobs are more involved then first thought of.

So very true – especially when you are in the middle of it. Yost made the vise and it was quite inexpensive.

Doobie

Our Insinkerator garberator bit the dust a week or so ago. It had been replaced once free of charge just shy of its 7 year warranty running out, and I even replaced the grinding bowl on the replacement unit maybe 8 years ago, but when you turn on a unit and all you hear is that energy hum and the bowl is not stuck, it’s was done imo.

So I bought off Amazon the same 1 HP newer model unit made by Insinkerator $50 cheaper than what I could have drove and waited in Covid line-ups for at the usual BB stores. Getting the same brand model doesn’t require re-doing the sink collar. I could indeed use the same undermount securing mechanism which saves a lot of work. Getting the 25 lbs behemoth to its securing collar was a bit of a chore, but that wasn’t the worst of my problems.

Had to do a bunch of work to get the drain line connected. It didn’t line up by a half inch or so from where the old one tapped into. But after a lot of back and forth, humming and hawing, it got done! What should have been a 20-30 minute job turned into over two hours.

Put the old unit by the curb and the metal scroungers had gobbled it away in about two hours. Didn’t matter, it’s garbage day tomorrow anyways.

New unit is ultra quiet and has a triple grind feature. The triple grind is probably intended for septic systems, but I had a clog in my basememt two years ago or so that was a dog to deal with, so I really don’t mind that new feature of it.

It says it can take anything including things the old one shouldn’t take like artichokes or corn husks and a lot of leafy things at once. We’ll see how it goes. It was a leafy combo that led to that basement clog a few years ago.

I installed the first garberator when we went to green bins in my town 17 years ago. I just didn’t want to do that messy PITA nonsense and I knew that being maybe one of the only people with food waste in my regular garbage, never mind the guilt of not being ‘green’, was gonna be another messy affair after the racoons had their midnight snacks and left me a morning mess to clean up.

Wifey chastized me getting and installing the first one many years ago. Said we didn’t need one and it was a waste of money. When it died last week, her only question was “I know you’re real busy with work, but when do you think you’ll have time to fix or replace it Doobie?” with a big loving grin on her face. Trust me, I didn’t want to go without it very long either. Indispensable kitchen appliance as far as I’m concerned.

This is the unit I just installed today.

https://www.insinkerator.ca/product/model-excel

@doobie I guess you guys don’t use the compost bins from the city , unless they don’t offer that service ,

Doobie

@doobie I guess you guys don’t use the compost bins from the city , unless they don’t offer that service ,

We actually do.

We still have the original Green Bin from a decade and half ago. We’ve only ever put it out for either egg/fast food tray stuff or shop DC refuse on occasion otherwise that’s it.

We actually do.

We still have the original Green Bin from a decade and half ago. We’ve only ever put it out for either egg/fast food tray stuff or shop DC refuse on occasion otherwise that’s it.

Ah okay , speaking of , I have to pick up some of those paper bags for the inside of the compost bin we put out once a week , incredible how full it is , that and the recycling bin , next to nothing in the huge garbage bin anyone ,

Yesterday I finished drilling the ladder and railing brackets for the pool. Hopefully I can get to drill them in place this afternoon after work
    In the shop , it’s pretty quiet ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yesterday I finished drilling the ladder and railing brackets for the pool. Hopefully I can get to drill them in place this afternoon after work

That pool is getting closer to being used. Good deal.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That pool is getting closer to being used. Good deal.

Oh yeah , we’ve been using it just the same , just easier for us to get out of the deep end , and the railing is more for the mil to hold onto walking down the stairs. But yeah it’s definitely an upgrade from the old cast aluminum cheaper ones.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

No work today.
    At 38 degrees on thermometer I didn’t feel like going up on a ladder.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,341 through 1,360 (of 2,056 total)
  • The topic ‘V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.317 seconds